Officially on the bandwagon

Purchased my season football tickets today. Don't know how many of the games I will end up going to, but $140 for a 50 yard line seat is pretty hard to beat.

Time will tell whether this is another Charlie Brown kicking the football away from Lucy experience or not, but I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I am getting in on the ground floor of something exciting.

Anyone else take the bait for next year?
    "There can BE only one."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post

I have considered it but haven't yet made the jump. But I agree, I am more hyped about the up coming Duke skins season than I have been since the Spurrier days.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-24-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

Yep! I am so ready for Duke football. Even if they only win a few games, it will be such an improvement. I was there when they beat Clemson in '04. It was funny/sad because there were so few students there that it took 45 minutes to get the goal post down. Once down and carried across Towerview, they had a lot of trouble getting it to the quad because they kept running into trees!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDukeTattoos View Post
    I have considered it but haven't yet made the jump. But I agree, I am more hyped about the up coming Duke skins season than I have been since the Spurrier days.
    Why is the sky Carolina blue? Because God doesn't want people stepping in it.
    Jump, TwoDukeTattoos, Jump!

And as the author/originator of your signature phrase, the correct words are
    Do you know why the sky is carolina blue? So the rest of us don't have to step in it!
    I won't charge you a royalty this time!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Renewed football tickets? check!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Purchased my season football tickets today. Don't know how many of the games I will end up going to, but $140 for a 50 yard line seat is pretty hard to beat.

Time will tell whether this is another Charlie Brown kicking the football away from Lucy experience or not, but I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I am getting in on the ground floor of something exciting.

I've already renewed my tickets as has everyone who sits around me in Wallace Wade. It's important to buy up those tickets now. We don't want any seats left for the Carolina folk to buy for the game that's the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Do your part to keep Wallace Wade the right shade of blue!

I renewed my tickets a while ago. I am looking forward to having the price increase significantly in coming years. I just don't want to get pushed out of my good seats when bandwagon really gets rolling.

I'm hoping to make it to some football games this year, I haven't been since the 2006 season. A two-win season would be superb! (Hopefully they'll aim higher, though.)

Expect more!

Quote Originally Posted by dukegirlinsc View Post
    I'm hoping to make it to some football games this year, I haven't been since the 2006 season. A two-win season would be superb! (Hopefully they'll aim higher, though.)
    Quite honestly, I'll be VERY disappointed with a 2-win season. And I'm sure Coach Cut would be too.

A bowling we will go!
    A bowling we will go!
    Hi Ho, the Derry-O!
    A bowling we will go!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm gettin mine. I've driven 3 - 4 for hours every game the last few years knowing I can get one free or cheap on arrival. I'm hoping it's different this year and the stands are filled with blue instead of the other team's colors, and the tickets are a little harder to find.

I'm moving to Atlanta in the next few weeks and already purchased tickets for the Duke-GT game in ATL on 10/4. I also plan on getting back to Durham for homecoming and another additional game. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I'm moving to Atlanta in the next few weeks and already purchased tickets for the Duke-GT game in ATL on 10/4. I also plan on getting back to Durham for homecoming and another additional game. Can't wait.
    Would that additional game be on November 29?

Are only season tickets available at this point? If so, when do individual games go on sale?
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Are only season tickets available at this point? If so, when do individual games go on sale?
    Go to goduke.com...

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Go to goduke.com...
    I did (before I asked.) The site is not very well organized (to put it mildly) and I can't find any reference to buying tickets for individual games. So I am asking if that is because you can't buy them yet or is it just not up on GoDuke.com yet.
    The Gordog

I did (before I asked.) The site is not very well organized (to put it mildly) and I can't find any reference to buying tickets for individual games. So I am asking if that is because you can't buy them yet or is it just not up on GoDuke.com yet.
    I think they are only selling seasons right now, and they aren't printing them until 3 weeks before the season. Then again, you can get a season ticket for $90 and individual tickets will likely be $20 apiece minimum. Not a bad deal if you want to take the plunge

Agreed that the goduke.com seating chart is horrible. None of the colors match the legend, so it's tough to tell what you're buying.
    "There can BE only one."

More ticket information

My apologies... tickets for individual games go on sale July 21. I found this by clicking on Tickets, continuing to Ticket Information which covers season tickets, individual game tickets, away game tickets and group tickets.

My experience with tickets sales at Duke is that sometimes the date for going on sale changes. You could check the web site again in June or early July to see what the current information is.