Reggie Love / Obama

I don't know if this has been covered before.... I saw a little squib article about Obama in the paper, quoting Reggie Love. I had to look up and see if it was the former Dukie.

Here's the link (if it works!)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,5837837.story

Always good to see some good press about former Duke atheletes.

Post Reggie Love and Obama

Go Reggie! Sounds like a really fun gig.

Love, who got into some trouble for drinking issues during college, is often out late at night socializing with reporters, Secret Service agents and members of the campaign after a long day on the road.
    Hopefully he's careful. Having "teabag" photos posted on the internet is 100X worse when you're running for office.

Didn't that article run several weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1949 View Post
    Didn't that article run several weeks ago?
    Yes, it's publication date is November 15, 2007 and it was linked by DBR's home page, but some people don't follow DBR religiously like others especially before the season begins, so we should give the person a break...good article though! Reggie was awesome and always seemed like a nice guy.

Reggie Love gets some face time

If you happened to watch Barak Obama's victory speech after the South Carolina primary, you got an eyeful of ex-Dukie Reggie Love.

Love, Obama's "body man" (a aide to stays at the candidate's side to take care of any immediate need the guy might have) was clearly visible on the newcasts as Obama worked the crowd after his speech. Reggie was wearing a little earpiece that made him look like a secret service agent. I don't know about CNN, but MSNC stayed on the scene for a good 20 minutes after the speech -- and Reggie was in the shot the whole time.

I also saw a guy in a grey pullover who looked a lot like our Jason Williams. When Obama paused briefly to shake his hand, Love actually got involved in the conversation (which doesn't happen often). Just wondered if anybody else saw this and can confirm whether it was or was not Jason?

former Duke player Reggie Love on Barack Obama's campaign trail

Don't know if anyone else caught the 60 minutes "behind the scenes" of the Obama and Clinton campaigns tonight. I've read before that Reggie is Barack's right-hand man, and he was definitely present in multiple camera shots with the Senator. I've also read that they go head-to-head in basketball games. Well, Obama said that his new superstition is playing basketball every day a primary, caucus, election, or whatever is held because the couple of times they didn't play, he didn't win the votes. I'm sure Reggie is right there with him, showing him some National Championship (2001) character!

Hope he keeps big O away from frat parties in CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Hope he keeps big O away from frat parties in CH.
    No doubt! I'd hate it if Obama developed an aversion to tea

Resurrecting this thread after seeing Reggie on stage right next to Obama after the debate tonight (when Obama was shaking hands and giving signatures) on MSNBC. Anybody else notice him? Reggie looked sharp!