Open wheel racing truce

Glad to see that they finally did it, but methinks they are 12 years too late. They have been superseded by NASCAR and given the cost to attend a race I'm not sure that they can return to what the CART series used to be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Glad to see that they finally did it, but methinks they are 12 years too late. They have been superseded by NASCAR and given the cost to attend a race I'm not sure that they can return to what the CART series used to be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    I'm not happy about it at all. Not one bit. Although I've long wanted to see them resolve their stupid differences, their doing so has cost us the Toronto Grand Prix. It might be revived in 2009 but, as it stands now, that race is off the schedule.

Question First the Candian dollar rises above the US dollar, then this

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I'm not happy about it at all. Not one bit. Although I've long wanted to see them resolve their stupid differences, their doing so has cost us the Toronto Grand Prix. It might be revived in 2009 but, as it stands now, that race is off the schedule.
    Any hope for a NASCAR visit to Toronto?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    It stinks to lose a race you enjoyed, but use it as a reason to come down to Indy... The qualifications and the month of May have suffered from the split, but it has never really affected the race experience, in my opinion.

Looks like there will be a race in Canada. Just in Edmonton, not Toroto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Any hope for a NASCAR visit to Toronto?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    There are Busch Series races here (in Montreal I think).

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Looks like there will be a race in Canada. Just in Edmonton, not Toroto.
    True, and I think they are considering keeping the Vancouver race as well (I seriously cannot fathom why they would keep the Edmonton race). But I am several thousand miles away from them and wouldn't make the effort to go. The Toronto race, however, was only half an hour away so it was easy to get to. I had friends who were race marshals and they used to let me into the restricted areas where they were located to watch the race with them. I was able to sit on the concrete barriers that line the track and all that separated me from the cars was a chain-link fence. For obvious safety reasons I was only allowed to do this at the slowest point on the track. Still, talk about an unbelievable experience!