Thread: Jeff Capel

Jeff Capel

Wasn't this supposed to be a down year for OU? They just beat OSU. Go Jeff!

OSU's Sean Sutton looks like he will soon explode - literally - he has now lost 5 in a row after sneaking up pretty high in the rankings.

That loss to VCU last season would've been a lot easier to stomach if Capel was still there. He's doing a great job at Oklahoma. They are a mentally tough team and Capel is getting everything out of them. The younger Griffin is a damn good player, too.

What are the odds Duke is placed very close to Oklahoma in the NCAAs? Of course that's only if Oklahoma plays well enough to get a 7-10 seed.

FOX Sports Article

Good article, complimentary of Capel:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7736698/Griffin's-fighting-through-pain-for-Sooners

Warning! It may raise the spectre of Coach K failing at recriting big men. It also makes it prettty clear that Coach K will recruit against his former players, even if it would be a major blow to the other's program:

"Griffin became one of the most sought-after players in the country in the April of 2006 with Capel's former mentor, Mike Krzyzewski, getting involved. North Carolina and Florida were also heavily in the mix."

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

OSU's Sean Sutton looks like he will soon explode - literally - he has now lost 5 in a row after sneaking up pretty high in the rankings.
    My wife thought (and I agreed) that Sutton really gives Williams a run for "sweatiest coach". She then proceeded to point out that he apparently tapes his nipples. I wish I was making this up.

I was watching the OSU-OU game, and it really did look like OU got a lot of calls in a very close game. As I was rooting for Capel, I didn't overly mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Maybe it's just me but watching the game, it kinda looked like Sean Sutton's lost his team. I could be totally wrong but they don't really seem to respond to him and it's probably not a good thing that Sutton's voice was completely shot upon his interview going into halftime.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    She then proceeded to point out that he apparently tapes his nipples. .
    How would she know?

Sean was sweating getting off the bus. Really!

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    How would she know?
    All assume you were serious. He had managed to sweat through his entire shirt except for a couple patches on his chest that looked like tape swaths.

Go Jeff

Sean Sutton is a shadow of... Jeff Capel is the real thing, as a coach and recruiter. (Could be expect anything less?) I think JC is in the right place at the right time, and I think the future is exciting and bright. GO JEFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Sean Sutton is a shadow of... Jeff Capel is the real thing, as a coach and recruiter. (Could be expect anything less?) I think JC is in the right place at the right time, and I think the future is exciting and bright. GO JEFF!!
    lets see, if K steps down in 8-10 yrs, Capel will be what about 45 yrs old with 10 yrs of experience under his belt...

Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    lets see, if K steps down in 8-10 yrs, Capel will be what about 45 yrs old with 10 yrs of experience under his belt...
    My precise thought...

Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    no... 10 years, he should be 41/42, not 45 with closer to 15 years experience. (2 years behind me at Duke)
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC