Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Patrick Yates

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    we would discuss fast breaks and existentialism, and there was never conflict ...
    Yeah! (my emphasis)

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I like DevilCastDownfromDurham's Group A and Group B description of the posters at this website, pretty accurate, even if there wasn't much attempt to hide which group he/she might prefer.

This sure is a lot of discussion considering almost no one saw the post that got PY banned. Without seeing it I find it hard to comment. I didn't mind any of his other posts, but maybe he really crossed the line. I have no way of knowing. Personally, I wrote a very critical post about this site once (sort of related to the group A and B thing above), got my infraction, and won't be doing that again. I'm dying to know the details of PY's infraction, but I suppose I'll have to live with just wondering, which I understand. (Sexist? Did he say someone "played like a girl" or what? Can't even imagine the context.)

I imagine PY still reads this forum, and probably enjoys this thread in particular, so I just wanted to say that I do miss having him and posters like him around. Maybe I'm not easily offended, or just can't understand the inability of some to simply ignore those they aren't fond of, but it's hard to see what the big deal was. (Again, didn't see his final post myself so I cannot judge.)

Hopefully it really crossed a line and is not just a way of trying to put everyone here under the same umbrella. I honestly find threads such as the post-Maryland game thread entirely BORING ("We're so super tough"... "Wow, look how tough we are"... "We're like nails, we're so tough"... "Who said we weren't tough"... etc etc etc). So here's just hoping there's still some lively discussion to go around. Differing opinions are good to have around.
    Lulu:

I DID see his final post. Please believe when I tell you I was as skeptical as anyone before I saw it. I am skeptical no longer. The only thing I can say is that if it took THAT post to be the final straw, it is hard to imagine anyone else on these boards being affected in any way by the Mods actions and standards. I do not mean to be cryptic or vague, but I have a promise to keep. Furthermore, my confidence in their competence and fairness has increased substantially. I'm a 60 year old crusty as heck old guy who has heard and uttered more than my fair share of inappropriate language. I almost blanched when I read it.