Giants SB / Duke NC Correlation

I'm a Giants fan, and while thinking about the Giants' history of playing in Super Bowls, I stumbled upon this interesting correlation with Duke playing in the National Championship Game. To wit:

1986: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1990: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1999: Duke loses NC

2000: Giants lose Super Bowl

2001: Duke wins NC

2008: Giants play in Super Bowl, Duke ????????

Duke has played in the national championship at least once within one year of each Giants Super Bowl. Since Duke didn't play in the NC last year, for the correlation to continue, they would need to play in the NC this year or next. There is also an inverse correlation with the outcome of the Super Bowl. Giants win, Duke loses and vice-versa. I really really hope that this correlation ceases this go-round and both WIN!

So Duke fans should root for the Patriots if they want Duke to win a NC. I can live with that!

Go Pats!!!

GO DUKE!!!!!

Duke has won national championships only when a Bush has been in the White House. So should we root for Jeb to run or something?

So Duke fans should root for the Patriots if they want Duke to win a NC. I can live with that!
    I'm resigned to the fact that the Pats will win the Super Bowl and go 19-0.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Duke has won national championships only when a Bush has been in the White House. So should we root for Jeb to run or something?
    George W. Bush will still be President in April. If he's not, then that is far bigger news than who wins the National Championship.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

D'oh, I got ahead of myself. Still, as long as we're discussing false correlations, what does it say for Duke's national championship success after 2008?

Thumbs up Screw the Pats

GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! no need to say more.

From a Giants fan since age 4. GO GIANTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO GIANTS!!! no need to say more.

From a Giants fan since age 4. GO GIANTS!!
    hell freaking yea

Quote Originally Posted by KBCrazie View Post
    I'm a Giants fan, and while thinking about the Giants' history of playing in Super Bowls, I stumbled upon this interesting correlation with Duke playing in the National Championship Game. To wit:

1986: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1990: Giants win Super Bowl, Duke loses NC

1999: Duke loses NC

2000: Giants lose Super Bowl

2001: Duke wins NC

2008: Giants play in Super Bowl, Duke ????????

Duke has played in the national championship at least once within one year of each Giants Super Bowl. Since Duke didn't play in the NC last year, for the correlation to continue, they would need to play in the NC this year or next. There is also an inverse correlation with the outcome of the Super Bowl. Giants win, Duke loses and vice-versa. I really really hope that this correlation ceases this go-round and both WIN!

Congrats to the Giants for winning the SB.

Since it appears Duke wins a NC when the Giants go to the SB and lose, how will their win impact our chances to win a NC? I'm just slightly superstitious.

I choose to believe that the correlation is now ended because of the Cutcliffe - Manning connection

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

George W. Bush will still be President in April. If he's not, then that is far bigger news than who wins the National Championship.
    Half of your assumptions were wrong. Any chance both could be wrong? Hopefully?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Half of your assumptions were wrong. Any chance both could be wrong? Hopefully?
    So then you want Cheney to be President April. Better watch out or this thread will quickly go PPB.