Thread: He-he-heh...

He-he-heh...

Forget the what ifs, you can't get a whole lot better than a 1 seed.

that was sorta the point...

what if Marty were healthy and playing 30 minutes a game??

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Forget the what ifs, you can't get a whole lot better than a 1 seed.
    I think that was the original poster's point. That said, being a #1 seed in someone's mind in January is a lot different than being a #1 seed in March. And even then, being a #1 seed doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

I think we would absolutely be better if we had a big man who could block shots, rebound, and provide a post presence. That doesn't mean this team isn't good. That doesn't mean this season hasn't been (and won't continue to be) fun. It's just a fact that we could very well be even BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax336 View Post
    what if Marty were healthy and playing 30 minutes a game??
    He wouldn't even be playing if we had Luol as a 5th year senior!

or christiansen as a 7th year senior.

for real though, we've still got a ways to go, but i think thats a good thing as this team is getting better each game, and you can really see the improvement. nolan smith has been the biggest example, imo.

Holy crap. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch!

dudes, i really do miss marty out there. we could use his points and the crowd flat out loves him.

dth.

Of course, being a number one seed in a poll done by a guy at CBS Sportsline in January means that we win it all, right, given that we have no weaknesses?

Don't mean to be a cold shower or anything...But while I have loved watching this team, and I think it will continue to be good (better) over the course of the year, I'll be surprised if we actually end up getting a #1 seed. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to call us the 3rd-best team in the country right now. Well within the top 10, but #3 is rather lofty.

I don't care much for this - we've played well but it is sort of ascention by attrition to me. We're relying on a ton of Soph. and Freshman - it's a long year. The road is tough on freshman. As is the tournaments. One game at a time and lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by vango View Post
    I don't care much for this - we've played well but it is sort of ascention by attrition to me. We're relying on a ton of Soph. and Freshman - it's a long year. The road is tough on freshman. As is the tournaments. One game at a time and lets not get ahead of ourselves...
    Make that, "As are the tournaments." Time for bed...

Mostly posting this to see if my avatar is finally working...

What if Josh McRoberts stays in school along with Shawn Livingston coming to school along with Kris Humphres and Patrick Patterson?

he-he

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    What if Josh McRoberts stays in school along with Shawn Livingston coming to school along with Kris Humphres and Patrick Patterson?
    You can only play with one basketball at a time during a game...