Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by edensquad View Post
    Okay, I admit it: I am not as evolved as some on this board. A Carolina loss makes me almost as happy as a Duke win.

There. I said it.
    I agree to the fullest.

I absolutely love that Tyler Hansbrokenface took the last shot. And missed. AHAHAHAHAHA. Mr. Perfect is...well...not so perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    In the end Dancing Danny looked pretty stupid when the Maryland player got around him to score the winning basket and Dancing Danny end up on his butt. You know Dancing Danny and probably Roy and UNC fans would have probably traded the Dance for Danny having conserved that energy to make that one defensive stop at the end.
    The out-of-bounds off MD play aside, why was Dancing Danny not called for an undercutting foul on Osby's game-winning shot?

I was also unclear as to why Ginyard wasn't whistled for a foul during the inbounds at 10 seconds (second to last play) when he put both his hands on a MD player's chest and shoved him all the way across the floor and eventually onto his back

md-unc

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    The out-of-bounds off MD play aside, why was Dancing Danny not called for an undercutting foul on Osby's game-winning shot?
    Because DUKE gets all the calls...

unc-md

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    I was also unclear as to why Ginyard wasn't whistled for a foul during the inbounds at 10 seconds (second to last play) when he put both his hands on a MD player's chest and shoved him all the way across the floor and eventually onto his back

Seriously, I would have loved to hear/see Coach Sweaty's reaction if Md had ended up losing that game, especially after the botched OOB call.

MD coach was a bit quiet

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Seriously, I would have loved to hear/see Coach Sweaty's reaction if Md had ended up losing that game, especially after the botched OOB call.
    I agree completely. If HansTravel had made the final shot, or an "understanding" ref would have called a foul on someone in a red uniform, the MD folks could justifiably have screamed robbery.

The out of bounds ball awarded to unc has to be one of the worst calls of all time, but I guess is reasonably consistent with others in the DumbDome. (Others have mentioned hand checks/shoves that were not called, but those are at least...shall we say..."subjective." That OOB call to me is several degrees higher than "gets all the breaks" - that was an atrocious call that easily could have cost MD their victory.

No, this is not a "Terping" viewpoint, but instead just my opinion of the plays near the end of the game.

k

I'm not sorry that Carolina lost, but I wish it could have been to some other team.

For those that are interested, you can view the end of the game at the YouTube link below. The out-of-bounds call with 10.7 seconds is best viewed at 5:38 on the video. Absolutely no question UNC was given a major gift on this one.

The Ginyard push/knock-over referred to in an earlier post comes at about 5:57, although it had little impact on that play IMO. The pile-up at 6:10 that gave UNC the ball on the possession arrow was a bit of a maul-fest too. No good replays of that one though. Anyway, I was glad to see that the Heels weren't able to capitalize, despite the extra chances.

Even if you don't care about the calls, it's worth viewing the end just to see the looks on the faces of the Heel fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3XWCKSaxq0

Will the refs' actions be called into the league office?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    I agree completely. If HansTravel had made the final shot, or an "understanding" ref would have called a foul on someone in a red uniform, the MD folks could justifiably have screamed robbery.

The out of bounds ball awarded to unc has to be one of the worst calls of all time, but I guess is reasonably consistent with others in the DumbDome. (Others have mentioned hand checks/shoves that were not called, but those are at least...shall we say..."subjective." That OOB call to me is several degrees higher than "gets all the breaks" - that was an atrocious call that easily could have cost MD their victory.

No, this is not a "Terping" viewpoint, but instead just my opinion of the plays near the end of the game.

k
    Considering that Md's next game is Duke, I'm glad that a week of added foment has been avoided by this win over the Holes and their refs.

Cheers,
    Lavabe