Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    if duke wins tonight, we have to move up to 3.

Hey Patrick, what was that about Carolina going through the ACC undefeated? You shoulda known better than to say that.

Although I know I will, I don't ever want to hear a UNC fan say Duke gets all the calls. The refs gave the 'Holes every single possible opportunity to win this game and they still couldn't get it done.

I don't want to jinx Duke cuz they're about to play, but how great was it seeing that one Carolina chick cry? Priceless...

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, why in the world would you draw up that play. Either get the ball to Hans down low or get the ball to Ellington (already made one game winner) or Green from the outside.

This is 3 close games for UNC is it time to question weather they are over rated? For that matter is it time to wonder is the so called big four are overated, USC just beat UCLA. Kansas and Memphis are still undefeated and while Kansas looks very impressive, had Memphis played anyone? Their conference is weak, so do we really know how good they are?
    either they are over-rated or they are getting good practice for close games in the ncaat. i am shocked that they lost to maryland at home. something doesn't seem to be clicking for them right now.

After a dreadful Nevada caucus, it warmed my heart to see Hans chuck up an awkward 3 for the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BacchusBlue View Post
    They finally lost one game, and the Carolina students are crying?! That is soooooo soft.
    I schadenfreude'd like crazy watching those pansies weep. Let's hope Duke takes care of business in the next couple of hours so I don't feel bad for jinxing us.

As for the final shot, I'm pretty sure the plan wasn't Hans for 3. I assume UNC had run out of timeouts and when the play they actually called was cut off, they had to get it into someone, and with only 1.7 secs left, it's not like Hans could pass...

Dukelifer- Good point about UNC being at home. It didnt really click untill you said something. If you play with fire, eventually you will get burnt. UNC should of had this game wrapped up, they played lathargic for parts of the game.

I wouldnt say Kansas is overrated. Memphis... Maybe.. They should of lost ot USC(If USC hit some FT's). UCLA? Well, They are streaky. They can be VERY good, or just average. They dominated a pretty good WSU team but cant get up for USC?
    Last edited by DukeBlood; 01-19-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Okay, I admit it: I am not as evolved as some on this board. A Carolina loss makes me almost as happy as a Duke win.

There. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    if duke wins tonight, we have to move up to 3.
    seriously doubt it. we are a good team but i don't think we are top 3 quality.

Roy Williams-Coach of the Year?

How in the hell did Williams get Coach of the Year twice? It is pretty obvious that end of game situations, he only has one play-shoot a three!!! Pretty damn funny Hans for three... Did anyone catch Ginyard just run over his player- and of course no foul, and before that hitting the ball out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BacchusBlue View Post
    They finally lost one game, and the Carolina students are crying?! That is soooooo soft.
    I may be a bad person, but the shot of the Carolina girl crying about the loss made me laugh out loud.

I did it!

Carolina lost because I didn't turn on the game after learning they were behind. I watched their other close games; that's why they won. (You're welcome.)

Now I just have to figure out the appropriate karma for the Duke-UNC game. Watch so Duke will win? Don't watch so Carolina will lose? The pressure...

GO DUKE, GO DUKE, GO DUKE!!!!!!

and of course:

GTHC, GTH, ES!!!

Even though I'm celebrating the loss, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about UNC from this game. It's a long season and no team plays its best for 30+ games, not even Duke. UNC is still headed for 12+ wins in the league and probably a 1 seed or high 2 seed. And they're still better than Duke, imo, but it's obvious their defense needs to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I schadenfreude'd like crazy watching those pansies weep. Let's hope Duke takes care of business in the next couple of hours so I don't feel bad for jinxing us.

As for the final shot, I'm pretty sure the plan wasn't Hans for 3. I assume UNC had run out of timeouts and when the play they actually called was cut off, they had to get it into someone, and with only 1.7 secs left, it's not like Hans could pass...
    I'm almost positive that UNC still had one timeout left

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I'm almost positive that UNC still had one timeout left
    Considering the fact that the holes can't spell or count, they were probably afraid of pulling a Chris Weber (sp?).

GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    either they are over-rated or they are getting good practice for close games in the ncaat. i am shocked that they lost to maryland at home. something doesn't seem to be clicking for them right now.
    I said the other day and maybe it's just ACC competition, but UNC seems to struggle against teams with multiple offensive threats in the post. Clemson (Mays and Booker) , Georgia Tech (Peacock and Smith), and Maryland (Osby and Gist) have all given UNC major problems down low which, by the way, kinda concerns me as a Duke fan.

Hansbrough doesn't seem to be getting the necessary support from Thompson and Stepheson and has, quite frankly, looked overmatched at times over the past 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I may be a bad person, but the shot of the Carolina girl crying about the loss made me laugh out loud.
    Me too. I felt ever so slightly guilty, but I giggled nonetheless.

No gloating

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    There was no Jinx today. Couldnt be more happier about being wrong.

Its a wonderful feeling, but Duke has to win for it to be a wonderful day.
    I agree with you. It is great and really UNC has been on the brink of losing the prior two games. The ACC is tough. Now we need to get down to business and win the Clemson game.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I said the other day and maybe it's just ACC competition, but UNC seems to struggle against teams with multiple offensive threats in the post. Clemson (Mays and Booker) , Georgia Tech (Peacock and Smith), and Maryland (Osby and Gist) have all given UNC major problems down low which, by the way, kinda concerns me as a Duke fan.

Hansbrough doesn't seem to be getting the necessary support from Thompson and Stepheson and has, quite frankly, looked overmatched at times over the past 2 games.
    Perhaps the story is just now being told of how much Wright meant to UNC last year. And as giddy as I am to see UNC lose, teams seem to be bodying up on HansB moreso than last year, he's getting knocked around quite a bit. Not that he doesn't dish it out in equal or greater measure, but UNC games have been pretty rough affairs in the paint lately.

Mea Culpa

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    Hey Patrick, what was that about Carolina going through the ACC undefeated? You shoulda known better than to say that.

Although I know I will, I don't ever want to hear a UNC fan say Duke gets all the calls. The refs gave the 'Holes every single possible opportunity to win this game and they still couldn't get it done.

I don't want to jinx Duke cuz they're about to play, but how great was it seeing that one Carolina chick cry? Priceless...
    I was wrong about UNC going undefeated in conference, but they won't lose many. UNC needs to start playing SOME defense if they want to win. It is pretty obvious that not a single player really cares about D. They just want to be on offense. Even Ginyard is not really that good a defender. It only appears that he is good because he is literally the only UNC player who tries at all on D.

But they are so good on O that it doesn't really matter most nights.

I think UNC is getting ready to experience something that no one on that team has experienced. Being Hunted. I mean truly hunted, the way Duke has been for so many years now. UNC will now be getting the other team's best shot nightly.

Have fun with that Holes.

Patrick Yates