Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you think the FSU game was physical

Wait until tomorrow. Clemson has some big bodies. And they play rough.
    ~rthomas

Okay, so what is the strategy to defeat this style of play? Spread the floor on offense and drive the open lanes or kick to the open shot? Create mismatches with Singler or King? On defense, pressure the ball handler before they get the ball to the bigger interior players? Collapse on the ball when it does enter the paint with an extra defender?

Anyone?

Georgia Tech is WAY rougher than Clemson. Be glad you don't have to travel to either one of those places this season.

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    Georgia Tech is WAY rougher than Clemson. Be glad you don't have to travel to either one of those places this season.
    why? cause they almost beat you too?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    why? cause they almost beat you too?
    No, because Smith and Peacock beat the hell out of opponents. At least Dickey is not playing this season, that was a brutal front line.

No, because Smith and Peacock beat the hell out of opponents. At least Dickey is not playing this season, that was a brutal front line.
    those guys weigh like 230. they are the same size as mike dunleavy, a real enforcer.

those guys weigh like 230. they are the same size as mike dunleavy. a real enforcer.
    Smith is, absolutely, an enforcer. He's as rough and dirty as they come. I don't generally agree with Hondo, but in this case he's absolutely right. The less we have to see of him, the better.

Maybe style of play has something to do with it? Some guys who weigh 230 play much differently than others. There's such a thing as a soft 270, for instance.

those guys weigh like 230. they are the same size as mike dunleavy, a real enforcer.
    They are like 6'7", 235 lbs of muscle. Same as Trevor Booker. If Dunleavy was the same height but with the build he has now he'd be about 210.

My bet is that the game is called extremely tight. The FSU game really was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Smith is, absolutely, an enforcer. He's as rough and dirty as they come. I don't generally agree with Hondo, but in this case he's absolutely right. The less we have to see of him, the better.
    (pst, he's a Tar Heel fan. he's inherently wrong)

Be glad you didn't come away with 2 losses...

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Maybe style of play has something to do with it? Some guys who weigh 230 play much differently than others. There's such a thing as a soft 270, for instance.
    I don’t see a basketball player’s height & weight as a true measure of his ability to be a bruiser. I tend to think the true measure would be his Reach and the ability to channel "Iron Fist"-like Superpowers. (See Chris Paul)

(pst, he's a Tar Heel fan. he's inherently wrong)
    I'm aware of that by the name. Which is why I said I usually disagree with him.

He just happens to be right in this case. Something about blind squirrels seems appropriate here.

When Hansbrough comes away from a game beat up, you know the opponents are as physical as they come. Between Smith and Peacock, Hansbrough was roughed up like you rarely ever see him. This is why I think when UNC plays a team with a deep front line (ahem Kansas, UCLA) they are going to be in a world of trouble. Wednesday night was a glimpse into some of UNC's major flaws.

I agree with rthomas, I think Duke is in for a real fight tomorrow. I think behind Pitt, this is going to be arguably the toughest game of the season to date. I said the FSU and Clemson games would tell us a lot about this team. The FSU game did exactly that and so will tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I agree with rthomas, I think Duke is in for a real fight tomorrow. I think behind Pitt, this is going to be arguably the toughest game of the season to date. I said the FSU and Clemson games would tell us a lot about this team. The FSU game did exactly that and so will tomorrow.
    Nah, Clemson is not the same team on the road. Stitt and Oglesby will look like the freshmen they are in CIS.

How convenient

Nah, Clemson is not the same team on the road. Stitt and Oglesby will look like the freshmen they are in CIS.
    Clemson will be tough, but not as tough as UNC got.

I think it equally likely Duke will play some defense. On Wednesday, Tech's offense looked as good as UNC's. Its not, to be sure. But UNC's defense some times looks like old school Loyola Marymount. No one can run as fast for as long, so they just let it become a track meet. Duke plays a different game. They can't put up the same offensive fire power, so they actually defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    There's such a thing as a soft 270, for instance.

Yup, his name is Brendan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post
    I think you mean Brenda.

Something about blind squirrels seems appropriate here.
    They can't see too good?

(i hope everyone realizes i'm just bustin chops here...slow day at work...)

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post
    bahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mus074 View Post
    I think you mean Brenda.
    BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH