Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNC - Ga Tech

UNC - Ga Tech

Anyone watching this?

UNC down 3 - under 12 TV TO.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I turned it off after Jimmy Dykes called Tyler Hansbrough the hardest working player in America because he stretches and gets plenty of rest.

jimmy dykes

i nominate myself as president of the "i hate jimmy dykes fan club"

UNC leads 3 with 5min to go.

ACC road game IS tough. I thought UNC was going to whip GT.

Uhh.. these threads always jinx the other team.

Fun game to watch

tied, 36.8 seconds left, Tech ball

Hansbrough caught a nasty blow to the face at the end.

Great effort by Ga. Tech. Gotta' knock down tough layups to beat good teams.

wow, 2 road ACC games for the heels

2 last second wins

Dodged another bullet

Tech punched UNC in the mouth literally and figuratively but could not hit the shots down the stretch. UNC is very strong on the fundamentals- and Tech rushed a bit at times. Still they had a great chance to win this but fell short with two good shots at the end.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

UNC just pulled off another last second 1 point ACC road win. I am seriously depressed.

On GT's final shot 4 feet from the basket, Hansbrough in the air, body contact, no call.

Now I am feeling a lot better about our win tonight.

It was GT (!) and UNC (!).

Hansblahblah shot 15 free throws...Ga Tech as a team shot 10...I honestly didn't watch the whole game so I'm not saying it's bad officiating, but those types of stats always seem to occur for some reason.

what was interesting to me about Carolina was how they clearly turned the defense on and off. They aren't a bad defensive team - they are just uninterested. When they needed to clamp down they did - and Tech certainly isn't a team of fantastic ballhandlers, but man, for periods of that game, Tech was just getting into the lane really easily

Tough loss for Tech, and I thought the shooter got fouled at the end, but Hewitt's teams have lived by hack, so they'll occassionally die by it.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 01-16-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo

Good game, bad ending

Man, Tech had their chances to win this one, but couldn't score when it counted.

They had the ball twice in the last minute of the game with a chance to take the lead, but just couldn't put the ball in the basket. And that turnover with under 3 minutes left was just a gift to Tech, a gift that they turned into a rushed 3 and a quick foul on UNC. I feel sorry for Tech. They certainly didn't outplay UNC during the last 5 min of the game, but UNC left the door open and Tech couldn't walk through it. It reminded me of us from last year, when we couldn't buy a last second shot (well, except for McClure vs. Clemson).

However, I am convinced now that UNC will not go through the ACC undefeated this year. They've played two road games and barely survived both. Sooner or later, someone will make a play against them when the game is on the line. I hope it's us.
    "There can BE only one."

So, are these two close road games for UNC going to make them tougher and harder to beat later in the year or are they going to end using up all of their luck/karma and come up on the wrong side of one these types of games later when it counts more?

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Man, Tech had their chances to win this one, but couldn't score when it counted.

They had the ball twice in the last minute of the game with a chance to take the lead, but just couldn't put the ball in the basket. And that turnover with under 3 minutes left was just a gift to Tech, a gift that they turned into a rushed 3 and a quick foul on UNC. I feel sorry for Tech. They certainly didn't outplay UNC during the last 5 min of the game, but UNC left the door open and Tech couldn't walk through it. It reminded me of us from last year, when we couldn't buy a last second shot (well, except for McClure vs. Clemson).

However, I am convinced now that UNC will not go through the ACC undefeated this year. They've played two road games and barely survived both. Sooner or later, someone will make a play against them when the game is on the line. I hope it's us.
    It is hard to believe that they will go undefeated in the regular season but... They won in the two toughest places to play (other than CIS) for them and they are not beatable at home IMO- barring injury. Maybe to Miami at Miami? Maybe to BC at BC at the end of the year? It is very likely they could be undefeated going into that last week. The pressure will mount though. Make no mistake- this is a very good team who can outscore anyone.

Hanesblaba

How many times did he hit the floor? Great to see him get hammered a couple of times for real and really "earn" those freebies for a change.

Is it me...or

For as long as I can remember UNC seems to always pull out a victory. I think its unbelievable luck...has to be. Yeah, I know they are good and all that, but time after time they always seem to end up winning. And I have been watching them for decades. Jeez! This gets so old!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    On GT's final shot 4 feet from the basket, Hansbrough in the air, body contact, no call.
    Uhhh, Hansblahblah didn't even come close to contacting him. Both UNC players (I didn't catch who the other kid was) executed just about the best defense you can in that kind of situation. Credit to the Heels on a tough win.