View Poll Results: Who was MOTM in Duke's win over Florida State?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dave McClure

0 0%
  • Kyle Singler

1 0.74%
  • Demarcus Nelson

0 0%
  • Greg Paulus

20 14.81%
  • Gerald Henderson

1 0.74%
  • Jon Scheyer

111 82.22%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Taylor King

1 0.74%
  • Nolan Smith

1 0.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM for Duke MBB vs. Florida State

Make your pick for Man of the Match for Duke's big road win at Florida State.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Scheyer

He had a great game in all facets. Run the ball through him every time down.

Many of you will be tempted to let Paulus' clutch performance in the last three minutes overshadow his terrible performance in the first 37. And it should. But it should not count for more than Jon Scheyer's spectacular play in the first half and early second. Without Jon, Duke doesn't just lose tonight, they lose BADLY.

Vote Scheyer.

Paulus

He's my favorite player by far so I am a little biased. But his toughness in the clutch was key and anyone who gets sucker punched in the face has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Many of you will be tempted to let Paulus' clutch performance in the last three minutes overshadow his terrible performance in the first 37. And it should. But it should not count for more than Jon Scheyer's spectacular play in the first half and early second. Without Jon, Duke doesn't just lose tonight, they lose BADLY.

Vote Scheyer.
    Beat me to it. Agree completly. And w/o Scheyer, Paulus cant make plays in a close game b/c it wouldnt have been a close game.

Best game I've seen from Scheyer ever. Greg was awesome in the last 2-3minutes, but multiple airballs and turnovers before that almost cost us the game.

Paulus was clutch.

It's great to see the toughness of Paulus and Singler at crunch time.

It's Scheyer, and it's not even close. Sure, Paulus made several huge plays in the last two minutes, but he was, well, not very good up to that point. Scheyer got us there, with some help from Singler.

I'm thinking back to all the arguments this summer when people tried to say Scheyer a) wasn't a good perimeter defender and b) was a spot-up shooter who couldn't create. Is anyone still saying that now?

I loved the move K made to put the ball in Jon's hands late, move Paulus over to the wing, and let Scheyer and Singler run the high pick-and-roll. That led to Singler's three off the kickout from Scheyer when we were down one, and we never looked back from there.

I'll chime in with the consensus b/c it is so rare on the board to have anything close to one. Great big-time plays by Kyle and Greg late but the man of the match was definitely Jon.

Jon

Scheyer has my vote.

I wonder what has made him so confident and aggressive today. What a great scorer! I was starting to think that he was buying too much into the 6th man's supporting role and being too reluctant to score. And then, bang! A beautiful Scheyer Show!

11. Agreed that Scheyer was the key tonight. There was a period in the first half where he was not only draining shots, but grabbing boards, and sticking on defense that really allowed us to pull away for a while. Without that, we would have been in trouble later on. Greg deserves credit as well, not necessarily for the clutch plays in the last few minutes, but for the maturity to not let a bad game get to him and keep him out of things. It's something that's happened to some of our players (even some of our best) in recent years. That said, Scheyer was a stud tonight. The 6th (and 7th) man will be such a factor down the stretch for us.

Does anyone remember the one play where everyone was chasing a loose ball and Scheyer just dived onto floor to push it toward Singler(?) ? To me, that was a smart and beautiful play. He knew he couldn't reach the ball in time. And everything was happening so fast! What a great instinct to react like that!

(Talk about diving onto floor, Singler is a warrior! )

You can make a great case for Jon or Greg, but my money is on Jon. I don't think we win the game without his production, though Greg made a number of key plays down the stretch.

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    It's Scheyer, and it's not even close. Sure, Paulus made several huge plays in the last two minutes, but he was, well, not very good up to that point. Scheyer got us there, with some help from Singler.

I'm thinking back to all the arguments this summer when people tried to say Scheyer a) wasn't a good perimeter defender and b) was a spot-up shooter who couldn't create. Is anyone still saying that now?

I loved the move K made to put the ball in Jon's hands late, move Paulus over to the wing, and let Scheyer and Singler run the high pick-and-roll. That led to Singler's three off the kickout from Scheyer when we were down one, and we never looked back from there.
    Very insightful...I noticed the same thing. It worked out great and I wonder if we'll see more of Scheyer handling the ball.

I voted the obvious Scheyer but it's plain to see, we need Greg in there when the game is tight. He's developed into a pretty good floor general and he keeps the rest of the team calm. jmoo

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Very insightful...I noticed the same thing. It worked out great and I wonder if we'll see more of Scheyer handling the ball.
    I don't know about that. I like Jon when he's executing a play - he's very trustworthy with the ball, and he makes good passes.

But I don't think Jon does a good job of seeing the floor like a good PG needs to. Witness the end of the Pitt game, when he took the ill-advised 3 pointer, but he had two open teammates on the other side of the lane. Forced to extemporize, I think Jon shows his limitations.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    Does anyone remember the one play where everyone was chasing a loose ball and Scheyer just dived onto floor to push it toward Singler(?) ? To me, that was a smart and beautiful play.

Geez, it was poetry in motion!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Geez, it was poetry in motion!
    She blinded me - with science!
    JBDuke

I agree it was Scheyer specially with his first half. Also King helped out off the bench in the first half as well with some ridiculous trey's. Though he was missing in the second half for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post

Vote Scheyer.
    Word.