Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

I finally watched the first two episodes that I had recorded on my DVR and I thought it was a really good show. The writing keeps it in line with the movies and it actually has me excited to watch the rest of the season. Anyone else watch it or have thoughts...

2. I DVR'd it and am very excited as well. I and my SO are HUGE fans of Firefly and the whole Whedonverse and we actually rewatched the first 2 Terminator films in preparation. I'll have more to say once we get a chance to sit down and watch (prolly this weekend).

Wait, this is a Whedon joint? As much as I love the Terminator films, the previews were uninspiring (well, aside from the theme music). But having Whedon involved would be enough to get me to watch at least the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Wait, this is a Whedon joint? As much as I love the Terminator films, the previews were uninspiring (well, aside from the theme music). But having Whedon involved would be enough to get me to watch at least the pilot.
    It's not, but Firefly's Summer Glau plays one of the leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    It's not, but Firefly's Summer Glau plays one of the leads.
    Ohh, ok. I'll wait for a few more reviews, then.

summer glau

yeah she is the lead terminator that guards john connor and man is she hot. the previews were kind of uninspiring but maybe they were not trying to give away to much. If you liked terminator in any little way I think that you will really like this show a lot. so far it has a great start, could be a hit...

I watched one of them on Fox.com (I didn't record it but may do so now). I didn't realize that there was a second episode already, I'll have to look that up. I thought it was so-so, but given the dearth of scripted TV it beats out the competition fairly handily.

Spoilers

OK, I understand "suspension of disbelief" but, really:

In the bank vault after they travel through time, wouldn't rather advanced technology be left behind? And wasn't that part of the problem in the original movies? And the body of the terminator robot certainly wouldn't have been taken to the dump! The police were outside, and would have seen what was left. Certainly all of the secret agencies in the government would have gotten involved, only beginning with the FBI, to take the body and all the other equipment. This show will need to keep those kinds of holes from showing up on a regular basis to build a strong following.

This is a better show than the Bionic Woman, largely due to the strong acting abilities of the women involved. However, the boy playing John Conner is an absolute sniveling wimp for a 15-yr-old. How could that be possible if he were raised by Sarah Conner, and continually faced death as he would have? (A mama's boy?)

This brings up a small beef, the lack of All-American strong males in these types of series. Lost is an exception, and was popular. I have nothing against strong women heroines (or heroes, whichever you like), but would like to see some balance. While I know some have lost the taste for CSI & CSI-NY, the reason I watch those is the balance in strong characters, as well as the quality of acting.

After all that, I'm still going to be watching. (The first one aired on Sunday night, the second on Monday night - which will be its regular time).

Quote Originally Posted by MarineTwinsDad View Post
    OK, I understand "suspension of disbelief" but, really:

In the bank vault after they travel through time, wouldn't rather advanced technology be left behind? And wasn't that part of the problem in the original movies? And the body of the terminator robot certainly wouldn't have been taken to the dump! The police were outside, and would have seen what was left. Certainly all of the secret agencies in the government would have gotten involved, only beginning with the FBI, to take the body and all the other equipment. This show will need to keep those kinds of holes from showing up on a regular basis to build a strong following.
    I have to agree, there were tons of problems with the story in the first episode, including the fact that the FBI should definitely know that there are robots. I mean, 19 students said the guy was a robot, right? As to that, why would he imbed the gun in his leg??? Why not just have it in his pocket?

I also thought that the fact that the time machine took them from one time to another but in the same place was handled poorly. Apparently the very nice bank vault/town was torn down and replaced with a major highway during those 7 years? Seems likely...

I'm still going to watch another episode, but this is definitely a show that will require you to not think through any of it and instead enjoy looking at Summer and the fight scenes. At least it's better than American Gladiators and American Idol.