Nashville Suggestions?

Hello DBR Community!

I'm in Nashville this weekend for the NCAA Convention, and have a couple of slots of free time. I was wondering about suggestions you all might have for "can't miss" opportunities for my time off.

I'm at the Gaylord Opryland, and won't have whole days free, but will have 2-3 hour chunks of time to try some new eateries or quick shows.

I think my conference will be dining at the aquarium restaurant tonight, so that one's off of the to-do list.

Any suggestions are welcome!

--grad_devil

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Hello DBR Community!

I'm in Nashville this weekend for the NCAA Convention, and have a couple of slots of free time. I was wondering about suggestions you all might have for "can't miss" opportunities for my time off.

I'm at the Gaylord Opryland, and won't have whole days free, but will have 2-3 hour chunks of time to try some new eateries or quick shows.

I think my conference will be dining at the aquarium restaurant tonight, so that one's off of the to-do list.

Any suggestions are welcome!

--grad_devil
    some good responses here:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ight=nashville

Two Words

Bluebird Cafe

http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

Edit: Note, don't worry about who's playing, or whether you see the 6 or the 9PM show, just go. The music will be good. (Unless you have a terrific aversion to country -- though it's not always country, it is most of the time.)

The Pancake Pantry is quite popular for breakfast. It's near Vandy's campus.

Nashville food

I'll second Pancake Pantry as a great breakfast place. The cook's medley is good, but I prefer the silver dollar pancakes and a side of hashbrowns.

Rotiers is another good spot for lunch or dinner. It's right across from Vandy's campus by West End and Elliston Pl. Great cheeseburgers.

2nd Ave is interesting at night with lots of bars/restaurants, from 2nd Ave, I'd go down to Broadway to see the traditional country music bars, like Tootsies Orchid Lounge, etc.

If you're looking for a unique steakhouse, the Stockyard is pretty great. Expensive, but excellent service and food.

A couple other unique spots are Boundry, where one can get a cocktail or nice dinner right off Music Row, or Sunset Grill for awesome late night desserts.

Some comfort food spots... Loveless Cafe, South Street

Apparently, I associate Nashville with food and booze.

Thanks!

Excellent ideas!

I too, associate "stuff to do" with "where can I eat"

I'll get back and let you know what fit into my schedule!

--grad_devil

ROTIER'S ROTIER'S ROTIER'S. You must eat there. One of the most delectable burgers anywhere.
    Repeat: ROTIER'S.

Cheeseburger at Rotiers (Elliston Pl)
    Parthenon
    Noshville Deli (Broadway)
    Maggie Moo's Ice Cream (West End Ave)

Not worth it IMO: Tangredi's Italian Grill. Great atmosphere, mediocre food.

Cabana

I understand that Cabana is a hot & happening bar/restaurant. I've had a great meal there. I have to put in a plug since my nephew is sous chef, but it is a really cool place - hangout for Titans players, Peyton Manning is a customer, etc...