ksu 85 savannah st 25

why no talk of the 4 points savannah st put up in the 2nd half yesterday against ksu. i've seen some ugly quarters but i don't recall any that bad by a d1 team. even nccu gets more than 4 points in a half.

speaking of nccu, has anyone else noticed that they already have played 21 games (they are 1-20 with all but 3 games on the road). that has to be close to a record for most games played by jan 7. talk about the antithesis of k's 17-day hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    why no talk of the 4 points savannah st put up in the 2nd half yesterday against ksu.
    i'm guessing cause no one knows who sav. st. is or if they are even a college

...speaking of nccu, has anyone else noticed that they already have played 21 games (they are 1-20 with all but 3 games on the road). that has to be close to a record for most games played by jan 7. talk about the antithesis of k's 17-day hiatus.
    Presbyterian has played about that many games. Makes sense. Neither team has a conference and teams in conferences play the bulk of their non-conference games early, so that's apparently what they had to do to get games.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 01-09-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: clearing up the reference to previous post

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    i'm guessing cause no one knows who sav. st. is or if they are even a college
    I saw then play a few weeks ago against UNO, a team that beat NC State but didn't have an easy time with Savannah. They're kind of athletic and pesky on defense, not a terrible team. I can see how a really strong defensive effort could get them thoroughly discombobulated, but I'm very surprised. If they're getting Beasley and Walker to play defense, maybe KSU is a team to be reckoned with.

One presumes that these teams are paid well to travel to another school and lose. Probably funds their entire atletic program and more.

Red face Silly me

I thought Kennesaw St beat Savannah St (it's that Georgia DBR mafia, you know).

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    They're kind of athletic and pesky on defense, not a terrible team.
    If Savannah State isn't a terrible team, then who is? They're awful.

This really upsets me because I had Savannah State and 59 points with my bookie.

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    This really upsets me because I had Savannah State and 59 points with my bookie.
    I didn't know Neuheisel was posting on DBR now...

No, I think this fellow is really Pete Rose.

speaking of nccu, has anyone else noticed that they already have played 21 games (they are 1-20 with all but 3 games on the road). that has to be close to a record for most games played by jan 7. talk about the antithesis of k's 17-day hiatus.
    That's crazy. Nccu's remaining schedule is:

Wed Jan 9 North Carolina Central vs. (98) North Carolina St. (sr) Away L, 81-47[68] (0&#37
    Wed Jan 16 North Carolina Central vs. (332) Coppin St. (sr) Home L, 58-54[65] (31%)
    Tue Jan 22 North Carolina Central vs. (207) Utah Valley St. (sr) Away L, 77-51[66] (1%)
    Wed Jan 30 North Carolina Central vs. (332) Coppin St. (sr) Away L, 61-51[65] (11%)
    Sat Feb 16 North Carolina Central vs. (NR) Chowan Home -- (100%)
    Tue Feb 19 North Carolina Central vs. (207) Utah Valley St. (sr) Home L, 72-54[66] (4%)
    Wed Feb 20 North Carolina Central vs. (NR) Lenoir Rhyne Home -- (100%)
    Sat Feb 23 North Carolina Central vs. (234) Colgate (sr) Away L, 74-51[69] (1%)

(The scores are Pomeroy's predictions.) So an average of one game per week, with a 17-day gap. I guess the Chowan and Lenoir-Rhyne games don't count against Central's maximum permitted because they aren't D-I.

Central's season will end a full two weeks before our second unc game and 19 days before ACC Tournament Thursday, which is the earliest any ACC team's season can end. I'll bet Ncsu only beats them by five or six, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    If Savannah State isn't a terrible team, then who is? They're awful.
    I thought this was POTD until...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    This immediately followed and I thought it was POTD until...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I didn't know Neuheisel was posting on DBR now...
    this immediately followed. P. O. T. D.!

(my solid minute of laughing no doubt has the person I share an office with thinking i'm very strange right now...)

POTD nomination

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I thought this was POTD until...

This immediately followed and I thought it was POTD until...

this immediately followed. P. O. T. D.!

(my solid minute of laughing no doubt has the person I share an office with thinking i'm very strange right now...)
    Thank you (bows humbly)

nccu's schedule is one of the more bizarre ones i have seen. i actually was more shocked at sav st's 4 points in the entire second half. people don't find that an amazing case of futility?

Meh. They went 2-28 in 2005-06, with the wins coming against mighty Longwood and NAIA Wilberforce:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/...2542&year=2006