Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Congrats Josh!!!

Josh McRoberts played two minutes and put up 4 pts making both of his two shots. His first points of his NBA career.
    He also collected a rebound.

hell yea, josh. i for one am really excited for josh - i loved watching him a duke and i really want him to succeed in the nba and prove all those teams that passed on him wrong.

i thought he was going to be sent to the d league to get some playing time

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    hell yea, josh. i for one am really excited for josh - i loved watching him a duke and i really want him to succeed in the nba and prove all those teams that passed on him wrong.
    I agree - good luck to JM

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6696

DBR's link...looks like your right

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    Josh McRoberts played two minutes and put up 4 pts making both of his two shots. His first points of his NBA career.
    He also collected a rebound.
    Wow, is Josh your 4-year-old child playing peewee basketball? 4 points over a 4-month NBA career is worth celebrating? Can we keep things in context please?

Be happy for Josh that he's making a ton of money. Be happy for him that he got to go on a date with LC. Don't be happy for him that he got 4 points and a rebound. I'm sure he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by John Q. Devil View Post
    Wow, is Josh your 4-year-old child playing peewee basketball? 4 points over a 4-month NBA career is worth celebrating? Can we keep things in context please?

Be happy for Josh that he's making a ton of money. Be happy for him that he got to go on a date with LC. Don't be happy for him that he got 4 points and a rebound. I'm sure he's not.
    Sounds like someone's really bitter towards Josh McRoberts.

It's the kid's very first points of his NBA career. No matter how much he regrets leaving Duke, or how much he wishes he'd get more playing time, I'd imagine he's excited and happy to score his first points in the NBA.

I saw him when Portland was in town to play Charlotte. Looked thinner to me.

He reminds me of a modern day Chris Webber. Big enough to play inside, but never seemed truly comfortable. A very poor man's Webber, mind you.

Like the kid, but he'll be overseas soon enough. Gotta love the Blazers' energy. And they're the youngest team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils8780 View Post
    Gotta love the Blazers' energy. And they're the youngest team in the NBA.
    Next year, when Greg Oden is playing, they'll be a LOT older. Starting a 50 year old will do that to you.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The most impressive thing about his performance was that the two baskets weren't dunks or layups but two jump shots, one of which was an 18 footer.

If he can add a jump shot to his game to go along with his athletesism he could be deadly.

I think he just needs to get some PT.

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    The most impressive thing about his performance was that the two baskets weren't dunks or layups but two jump shots, one of which was an 18 footer.

If he can add a jump shot to his game to go along with his athletesism he could be deadly.

I think he just needs to get some PT.
    You know a lot of people on this board have harped on his inability to make shots other than a dunks but when he was in high school I believe that he had a pretty solid outside shot. I remember him hitting one or two 3's in the McD game. I think that for what ever reason mental or physical he just didn't feel comfortable shooting during his stay at Duke. I agree with you though, if he gets his stroke back he could be a solid NBA player

I wish him well and wish he would have stayed. Atleast he stayed to his Sophmore year, if he would have left after his Freshmen year he personally would have benefited by being a lottery pick but without him we might have been NIT bound.

Question response to Oriole Duke

Personally I've NEVER read or heard anything about Josh McBob having any "regrets" about leaving Duke. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
    i think an injury to lamarcus aldrige (starting PF/C) has opened some time for him

Haha...Josh gets criticized on this board after getting 4 points in his NBA career. From all of the people who've criticized Josh (myself included), I'm wondering if Josh has outscored us all as far as points scored in the NBA goes. Talk about context...4 points is 4 more than any of us will ever score in the NBA.

I wish Josh well. Frankly, it does not matter to me whether he expressed any "regrets" about leaving Duke or not. He made a decision which he thought was best for him, and IIRC the party line was that K agreed with his decision. So, more power to him and I hope he can stick in the league.

But is it wrong for me to ask if his mother was at the game? Just, you know, curious.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    But is it wrong for me to ask if his mother was at the game? Just, you know, curious.
    POTD!!

And no its not wrong. It don't get no righter.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    i think an injury to lamarcus aldrige (starting PF/C) has opened some time for him
    Aldridge was hurt a week ago, but blew up for 36 points on Monday the 31st. I don't think that he's hurt at the moment.

looky here I found some video of his first points.

http://blazersclips.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    She must have been given his buzz cut. I wish him well. He was fun to watch while at Duke (for the most part).