McCarthyism Returns

It's my first day on the site since the well-publicized return of McCarthyism last week, and I just had to get something out there.

The WADA, USADA and Congress have engaged on a multi-year witch hunt. I was actually surprised nobody called these organizations out for what they were doing back then.

Now the witch hunt has come full circle to a complete re-hashing of McCarthyism with the Mitchell Report. "It names names" has such a familiar ring, it's scary. And I don't suppose any of the indictments of "perjury," lying to federal agents" and "obstruction of justice" have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the naming of names. Sure SOUNDS like "if you just tell us who was at these meetings, we'll go easier on you."

This is straight up Guilt BY Association, and I don't understand why the "well trained" sports journalists won't call it what it is. Of course, the media is a willing participant in these types of things -- just like they were 50 years ago.

Thumbs up Bravo!!

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    It's my first day on the site since the well-publicized return of McCarthyism last week, and I just had to get something out there.

The WADA, USADA and Congress have engaged on a multi-year witch hunt. I was actually surprised nobody called these organizations out for what they were doing back then.

Now the witch hunt has come full circle to a complete re-hashing of McCarthyism with the Mitchell Report. "It names names" has such a familiar ring, it's scary. And I don't suppose any of the indictments of "perjury," lying to federal agents" and "obstruction of justice" have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the naming of names. Sure SOUNDS like "if you just tell us who was at these meetings, we'll go easier on you."

This is straight up Guilt BY Association, and I don't understand why the "well trained" sports journalists won't call it what it is. Of course, the media is a willing participant in these types of things -- just like they were 50 years ago.
    Bravo. Costas warned of this after the report was released. I want to say I heard his comments on an MSNBC podcast with Olbermann.

Cheers,
    Lavabe