Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McRoberts

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    You think he stinks and I think his inability to make ordinary plays that any teenager could, much less an a-one college recruit, was due to his surgery. It is possible, you know, to have back trouble that isn't identifiable in terms of a herniated this, or a broken that. Most bad backs are not discernible in such terms.
    please show me where i said that he stinks. way to completely make up what other people have posted. it isn't possible to have back trouble that is so dehabilitating that one cannot make "ordinary plays that a teenager could" yet never show a single hint of discomfort during any of the games that were on tv. if it were so bad, like only you seem to think, then it would have flared up at some point during one of the games. show me which game it flared up in. think of mcgwire's or mattingly's last few years. those guys were in obvious pain and i never saw mcroberts acting like they did. you simply are making up his back injury as the reason why he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean and have no idea what you are talking about.

I am not convinced that McRob's back will not improve.
    based on what? did you examine him? i thought that you at least admitted that you didn't know what was wrong with his back other than he had a "bad back." it's beyond far-fetched that you are offering your own prognoses on his back when you don't even know what is wrong with him.

I saw his body break down as the season went on; he was a monster defensively and on the defensive boards during the first part of the season and even his defensive acuity fell off as the season lengthened.
    i am curious. what did you witness through your television? you are aware that in his very last game he had a career high 22 points and 12 rebounds? yes, he really must have been broken down at that point.

In the end, apart from the poster who had McRob in his class and said he observed McRob in obvious discomfort on a regular basis, no one can say for sure what is what with the guy's back.
    how is a random person who thought he saw him in discomfort in a class in a position to say "for sure" what is wrong with his back (if there even was something wrong with it)? at least you now are admitting that you have no clue.

That said, I saw enough of McRob's upside play, which was spectacular in its grace, simplicity, and athletic ability (sometimes he literally soared after you thought that he had reached the apex of an already impressive reach to block a shot or dunk) to say that, when it was missing, it had to be due to his back. I still think so.
    are you sure you aren't confusing him with mj, kobe or lebron? you are the first person i have seen who thought that he could jump out of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    please show me where i said that he stinks. way to completely make up what other people have posted. it isn't possible to have back trouble that is so dehabilitating that one cannot make "ordinary plays that a teenager could" yet never show a single hint of discomfort during any of the games that were on tv. if it were so bad, like only you seem to think, then it would have flared up at some point during one of the games. show me which game it flared up in. think of mcgwire's or mattingly's last few years. those guys were in obvious pain and i never saw mcroberts acting like they did. you simply are making up his back injury as the reason why he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean and have no idea what you are talking about.

based on what? did you examine him? i thought that you at least admitted that you didn't know what was wrong with his back other than he had a "bad back." it's beyond far-fetched that you are offering your own prognoses on his back when you don't even know what is wrong with him.

i am curious. what did you witness through your television? you are aware that in his very last game he had a career high 22 points and 12 rebounds? yes, he really must have been broken down at that point.

how is a random person who thought he saw him in discomfort in a class in a position to say "for sure" what is wrong with his back (if there even was something wrong with it)? at least you now are admitting that you have no clue.

are you sure you aren't confusing him with mj, kobe or lebron? you are the first person i have seen who thought that he could jump out of the gym.
    We disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    [I]Now with Green back in Portland, will Josh McRoberts travel to Idaho to get some run and experience? Weeks ago McMillan did say sending Green and McRoberts to the D-league was an option, either together or individually. And now that Green has seen been there and done that, is McRoberts next?

Hi,

I find this news more positive than most posters. IMO, the D-league is a good thing and a young/inexperienced player is better off playing a bunch in the D-league than practically none in the NBA. IMO, Josh could increase his confidence, skills, strength, and endurance in the D-league. However, it is not the place to learn team chemistry. IMO, Duke was that place.

Best regards,
    Jeffrey

dukie8, why all the sarcasm and antagonism? People can disagree about stuff and move on. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I find this news more positive than most posters. IMO, the D-league is a good thing and a young/inexperienced player is better off playing a bunch in the D-league than practically none in the NBA. IMO, Josh could increase his confidence, skills, strength, and endurance in the D-league.
    I'm with you on this. Portland sent Martell Webster to the D-league last year because he was wasting away on the bench and it wasn't doing much for his confidence. It didn't mean that the Blazers wanted nothing to do with their former lottery pick... quite the contrary. (Granted, they don't have as much invested in Josh as they do in Martell.) I think Josh would probably benefit from a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I'm with you on this. Portland sent Martell Webster to the D-league last year because he was wasting away on the bench and it wasn't doing much for his confidence. It didn't mean that the Blazers wanted nothing to do with their former lottery pick... quite the contrary. (Granted, they don't have as much invested in Josh as they do in Martell.) I think Josh would probably benefit from a change of pace.
    Absolutely.

I just noted that the D-League game between Idaho and Bakersfield will be on the NBATV Channel at 2:30 EST (Saturday, 12/29).