Page 96 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 468694959697981061461965961096 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I can't believe how good all the women are... or how seriously gullible Erik is. Wow. Just plain wow.
    Can anyone give a brief recap of what happened? We were in the middle of tornado dodging last night while the show was on so I missed the episode, and my DVR didn't get it due to the power going off and on for that entire time.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Thanks for asking Arkie. I am still on a break until next week when I'm going to see a doctor about my knees. I'm going to wait and see what he says before I go running again.

Did I tell everyone here I wrote to Coach K? I sent him a couple of wristbands which I hoped he would sign so I could wear them during the race. Well, he didn't sign those but he did send both me and my husband signed pictures and a couple of Duke Basketball t-shirts. Actually they were small posters commemerating his 800th win.

1. erik won immunity
    2. the 4 girls resigned that Nat would go home
    3. Cirie told Nat to convince Erik to give her immunity as a show of faith. The agreement would be that Nat, Erik, and Cirie would then vote out Amanda. They tried to sell Erik on the fact that this would be a way to get in good with the jury once again.
    4. Cirie then told Parv and Amanda to go after Erik at tribal council, while Nat and Cirie would take his side, so Erik would feel threatened.
    5. Erik gives Nat immunity
    6. Erik gets voted out.

Erik was certainly skeptical about giving up immunity, but probably felt like he wasn't going to win in the end anyway. Of course, his path to the end would have been to win every immunity along the way, and he had basically done that. That would have won him a few votes by itself.

Still, stupid stupid stupid. I remember asking my wife why Probst even asks the players if they want to give up immunity earlier in the season, but I guess I now know.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    1. erik won immunity
    2. the 4 girls resigned that Nat would go home
    3. Cirie told Nat to convince Erik to give her immunity as a show of faith. The agreement would be that Nat, Erik, and Cirie would then vote out Amanda. They tried to sell Erik on the fact that this would be a way to get in good with the jury once again.
    4. Cirie then told Parv and Amanda to go after Erik at tribal council, while Nat and Cirie would take his side, so Erik would feel threatened.
    5. Erik gives Nat immunity
    6. Erik gets voted out.

Erik was certainly skeptical about giving up immunity, but probably felt like he wasn't going to win in the end anyway. Of course, his path to the end would have been to win every immunity along the way, and he had basically done that. That would have won him a few votes by itself.

Still, stupid stupid stupid. I remember asking my wife why Probst even asks the players if they want to give up immunity earlier in the season, but I guess I now know.
    Wow...thanks for the recap. Hopefully I can catch the episode online. That sounds exactly like Big Brother's Marcellus deciding to not use the power of veto he had won, ON HIMSELF, because he was on the block for eviction that week. He said he trusted them, and didn't use it which was boneheaded move, they then voted him out. It was freakin hilarious, but I was kinda pulling for Erik since he had done so well at the challenges lately.

What made it all the worse was that the girls could barely keep from cracking up as they all spun out their sob stories about how untrustworthy Erik was. I mean, hello - if someone's telling you something with a little smile on their face, you have to think something's up.

Natalie really is the devil. That's 2 guys in a row she's now offed from lying straight to their faces. Why do people keep falling for this??

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    What made it all the worse was that the girls could barely keep from cracking up as they all spun out their sob stories about how untrustworthy Erik was. I mean, hello - if someone's telling you something with a little smile on their face, you have to think something's up.

Natalie really is the devil. That's 2 guys in a row she's now offed from lying straight to their faces. Why do people keep falling for this??
    What I don't understand is why Cirie, Parvati and Natalie didn't want Amanda to go home last night. They all have to know that they can't beat her. If it was true that Erik had no friends on the jury, then why not keep him and get rid of the person who would likely win a jury vote against anyone?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Will the pictures soak up the sweat when you are running?

Good question, I didn't try it. I thought it would be very cool to have something Duke Basketball to wear when I was running but the posters are nice. Mine says "To Lisa, Stay Strong, Best Mike Krzyzewski"

I told you that I ran wearing a 'Wriststrong' bracelet from the Colbert Report, right? I thought it might help with the knees. There is one picture of me taken on the course where you can clearly see the bracelet. I should email it to TPTB on that show.

Yeah the girls really do need to get rid of Amanda. Especially now that Erik is out, Amanda is one of the (if not the) strongest competitors in remaining physical challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post

I felt bad for Erik -- I've felt bad for him the whole game. He's just so naive. Last night's episode was also more evidence of how little we actually we know about the full situation. For instance, if you've been watching the game, you'd have to think, "The whole jury MUST hate Parv, Cirie and Natalie, and possibly Amanda too, although she at least passive-aggressively votes them out with that pouty face." But those four orchestrated all the back-stabbing. They've lied constantly. They treated Eliza like crap. And so forth. So, you'd think, "Why wouldn't they go for Erik?" And even if they're against Erik for some reason, if he had a brain at all, he could make a pretty compelling speech that whichever girls he ended up against in the Final 3 were more evil than he ... if he were actually capable of stringing two sentences together. But the amazing thing was watching the jury when the girls were ripping Erik --- they were all nodding their heads in agreement! That says to me that, as usual, the players are far more aware of what's going on than we're shown, and more has happened to ruffle feathers than we've been shown.

This has been an incredible season of Survivor so far, particularly post-jury. This might be the best season since Australia. And, if not for the novelty factory of the first two, it might be the best ever. Yes, I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Amanda is one of the (if not the) strongest competitors in remaining physical challenges.
    And one of the most sympathetic and strategic. She has the jury wrapped aound her finger, especially after being the only one to successfully play the hidden immunity idol.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I told you that I ran wearing a 'Wriststrong' bracelet from the Colbert Report, right? I thought it might help with the knees. There is one picture of me taken on the course where you can clearly see the bracelet. I should email it to TPTB on that show.
    Sweet! The Colbert "Repor" is good fun, especially the "word" segment. And when he harasses the guest.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm trying to cut in, but I'm several laps behind so it doesn't matter. (I'm also working on the emoticon per post count! )
    HEYYY, them's fightin' words-someone gave me that "title" several days ago...(I would add 4 more emoticons but the limit is four and yours have already reached the limit for this post so I can't add any more-frown)

TTFN, ya'll! I'm on vacay for a bit, I fully expect to get passed by Ymo and Indoor66; DevilDeac's still got some PWing to do to catch me.

Have a great week!

Have a good time DA! And don't turn on that laptop!

Talking More than 4 emoticons

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    HEYYY, them's fightin' words-someone gave me that "title" several days ago...(I would add 4 more emoticons but the limit is four and yours have already reached the limit for this post so I can't add any more-frown)
    I had more than 4 emoticons in post 808 of the "whatever" thread.

Then again, that includes the title emoticon.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 05-10-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: title emoticon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thanks to the hint from Lavabe, I can now add more! Look out; coming through!

Of course, you have to balance the emoticons with the speed of posting...the quick reply is much faster than the Post Reply. But you do lose the ability to add a 5th emoticon

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    TTFN, ya'll! I'm on vacay for a bit, I fully expect to get passed by Ymo and Indoor66; DevilDeac's still got some PWing to do to catch me.

Have a great week!
    Thanks for the publicity .

And as you can (or can't) see, I am working FURIOUSLY on it .