Page 94 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 448492939495961041441945941094 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 67406
    I love Yobaby yogurt, which is supposed to be for the baby, but who's counting? It's organic, which probably accounts for part of its appeal, but it is *so* good. Yummy, creamy, not too sugary... baby blublood doesn't know what he's missing.

At the risk of crossing threads in an unhealthy manner, can EarlJam use yogurt to detoxify himself? Or perhaps he can dive into the yogurt with Hanborouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    At the risk of crossing threads in an unhealthy manner, can EarlJam use yogurt to detoxify himself? Or perhaps he can dive into the yogurt with Hanborouth?
    NEVER cross the threads. It would be bad...Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    NEVER cross the threads. It would be bad...Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal.

Anyone?

I think yogurt is disgusting. Of course, I don't like milk either.

My wife and daughter eat that crap. YUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I think yogurt is disgusting. Of course, I don't like milk either.

My wife and daughter eat that crap. YUCK!!!
    I eat it 'most every day for dessert. Winn-Dixie store brand - rasberry - yummm.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Anyone?
    Who you gonna call?

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal.
    Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip.

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Who you gonna call?
    I suspect the obvious answer is...Ghostbusters

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Who you gonna call?
    Or, I guess we could change it slightly and just say, "your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. (just) better call somebody"

Cat story

Didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I'd put this story in the LTE thread because there are several cat/animal lovers in this thread.

Ya'll know I have three cats, and could share stories out the whazoo about them. Not having children, they are my babies.

Spencer, my middle one, who was born feral and I rescued off my porch when he was a kitten 9 years ago, has the most personality of the three. He also has some very interesting quirks for a cat. Spencer's favorite toy is q-tips. He's been known to open the drawer where they are kept and pull a bunch out to play with. As I'm still getting my bathroom in order from the move, I've even seen him find the box of q-tips, pull the box out of the box they were in, and try to get more q-tips.

Last night, while getting ready for bed, Spencer and I played a game of fetch with a q-tip. You can't convince me that cats don't play fetch, well maybe only some do. Spencer would bring the q-tip into the bathroom and drop it at my feet. I would take the q-tip into the hall and toss it up for him - he is a little cross-eyed so I have to make sure he can see the q-tip and where I'm tossing it. He'd play with it for a minute or so, then bring it back to the bathroom, drop it at my feet, and wait for me to throw it again. I love this cat!!

I'm sending a challenge/throw down to the other animal lovers on this thread. Share cute/funny stories of your animals.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I'd put this story in the LTE thread because there are several cat/animal lovers in this thread.

Ya'll know I have three cats, and could share stories out the whazoo about them. Not having children, they are my babies.

Spencer, my middle one, who was born feral and I rescued off my porch when he was a kitten 9 years ago, has the most personality of the three. He also has some very interesting quirks for a cat. Spencer's favorite toy is q-tips. He's been known to open the drawer where they are kept and pull a bunch out to play with. As I'm still getting my bathroom in order from the move, I've even seen him find the box of q-tips, pull the box out of the box they were in, and try to get more q-tips.

Last night, while getting ready for bed, Spencer and I played a game of fetch with a q-tip. You can't convince me that cats don't play fetch, well maybe only some do. Spencer would bring the q-tip into the bathroom and drop it at my feet. I would take the q-tip into the hall and toss it up for him - he is a little cross-eyed so I have to make sure he can see the q-tip and where I'm tossing it. He'd play with it for a minute or so, then bring it back to the bathroom, drop it at my feet, and wait for me to throw it again. I love this cat!!

I'm sending a challenge/throw down to the other animal lovers on this thread. Share cute/funny stories of your animals.
    Thanks for sharing. I'm not a cat person, but your story is very touching. I would be really impressed if Spencer cleaned his ears with the q-tip. My favorite cat is the bobcat. Now that's a cat.

My beagle likes to steal my socks and hide them. While I'm showering after a run, she sneaks into the bathroom, takes my socks, and hides them somewhere.

After valentines day, she got into my daughter's candy and hid pieces all over the house. We're still finding candy stuffed in crevices. Fortunately, the candies were individually wrapped.

Curiously, my wazoo has no "h".

Thanks for sharing. I'm not a cat person, but your story is very touching. I would be really impressed if Spencer cleaned his ears with the q-tip. My favorite cat is the bobcat. Now that's a cat.
    I'd be impressed if he cleaned his ears with the q-tip too. In fact, I'd be inclined to send a video to Letterman if he did.

My beagle likes to steal my socks and hide them. While I'm showering after a run, she sneaks into the bathroom, takes my socks, and hides them somewhere.

After valentines day, she got into my daughter's candy and hid pieces all over the house. We're still finding candy stuffed in crevices. Fortunately, the candies were individually wrapped.

Curiously, my wazoo has no "h".
    That's hilarious, your dog hiding things. If you ever move I'm sure you'll find things in strange places and have several, "so that's where it went" moments.

As for the whazoo vs. wazoo, never really knew there was a right/wrong way to spell it. Should have checked with Merriam.

This isn't a story per se, but one funny quirk about Sasha (the Siamese) is that she likes ice in her water bowl. And it's not just that she likes the ice and believes she is entitled to it - when she hears the sound of the ice maker, she comes running like somebody just opened a pack of tuna fish.

Also, having watched me put the baby in the car several times, she now jumps in the car herself if I leave the door open and gets offended when I put her out. "i come too, giant!"

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    This isn't a story per se, but one funny quirk about Sasha (the Siamese) is that she likes ice in her water bowl. And it's not just that she likes the ice and believes she is entitled to it - when she hears the sound of the ice maker, she comes running like somebody just opened a pack of tuna fish.
    Walter does that too, but he doesn't like it in his bowl; he merely likes to crunch on it as a treat. He definitely recognizes the sound of ice-rummaging, though. Also, he's a dog, not a feline devil creature (Kidding! Sort of.).

Also, last weekend, he did something funny/interesting/touching. I have hosted a number of parties for the History department at Emory this year, and Walter's party behavior has steadily improved at each of them. Last Saturday was the end of the year party, and many people commented on how good he was, except for a single incident: He got hold of a purse that had been set down on a chair, took it to the yard, and gave it one good shake, before realizing how bad that is and getting caught all at once. He immediately scurried to his "oh crap, I'm in trouble" spot (every dog in the world has one of those, right?) and we managed to locate all of the scattered items from the purse (cell phone, keys, etc.) except two: a lipstick and some cash. Since it was dark, we called off the search, intending to pick it back up in the daylight on Sunday. When the purse's owner arrived, Walter immediately went up to her and gave her a nuzzle (without jumping up on her...good boy!), then he turned as if to lead her to the backyard. He took her straight to the lipstick, which she promptly retrieved, and then proceeded to the money. He then gave her a look as if to say, "That's all your stuff, right? I'm sorry I was a bad boy." She gave him a hearty chuck about the ears, he gave her a wag, and all was right with the world.
    Pretty cool.

Wow, that is pretty cool. Good boy, walter, good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Thanks! The moving vans are arriving at my house at 8 a.m. on Monday, and we're unloading at the new place late that afternoon. They estimated 2 hrs to load. Who knows how long it will take to unload - there's a freight elevator to consider. After hearing horror stories about things getting lost in transit, I chose a small local company to move my stuff. There's little chance for lost items if they're getting loaded into a truck at my house and unloaded from the same truck at the other end.

I tend to be a bit proactive, so a lot has already been done. I spent yesterday dealing with shutting off utilities at this end and doing change of address stuff. I even transferred my internet service - I'll be back online on Tuesday. Not much to do at the other end besides get cable and sign my lease. Oh, and change to a local cell phone number. And choose a bank. And unpack. I still have packing to do here, which means I should probably GET BACK TO WORK!
    Hey ArkieDukie, or is it MODukie now! How did the move go? Are all unpacked and everything put away? I'm kidding about that last question!

Hey ArkieDukie, or is it MODukie now! How did the move go? Are all unpacked and everything put away? I'm kidding about that last question!
    Hey, Tilly! Still ArkieDukie for now; I didn't want to start back at the beginning on post counts. MODukie would be pretty funny. Lavabe suggested ArchieDukie on the Post Name thread. Both fit my punny name requirement.

The move was an adventure. The movers showed up 1.5 hrs late on Monday morning and didn't bring my stuff up until Tuesday (I drove up Monday and stayed with friends). They showed up 2.5 hrs late to unload on Tuesday. The freight elevator in the building was broken, so the movers had to bring my stuff up in the passenger elevator. That took 4 hrs, which meant they finished at 8:30 last night. I stayed with my friends again last night and am unpacking today. There are still boxes everywhere. The important stuff is getting done, though: DSL was hooked up this afternoon, and the cable guy is coming in an hour. I've been unpacking the kitchen, washing dishes as I go. Still haven't located my silverware. I probably should get back to looking for it so I can start the dishwasher again. Posting is more fun, though.

Hey, Tilly! Still ArkieDukie for now; I didn't want to start back at the beginning on post counts. MODukie would be pretty funny. Lavabe suggested ArchieDukie on the Post Name thread. Both fit my punny name requirement.

The move was an adventure. The movers showed up 1.5 hrs late on Monday morning and didn't bring my stuff up until Tuesday (I drove up Monday and stayed with friends). They showed up 2.5 hrs late to unload on Tuesday. The freight elevator in the building was broken, so the movers had to bring my stuff up in the passenger elevator. That took 4 hrs, which meant they finished at 8:30 last night. I stayed with my friends again last night and am unpacking today. There are still boxes everywhere. The important stuff is getting done, though: DSL was hooked up this afternoon, and the cable guy is coming in an hour. I've been unpacking the kitchen, washing dishes as I go. Still haven't located my silverware. I probably should get back to looking for it so I can start the dishwasher again. Posting is more fun, though.
    I guess moving yourself, or having friends help, is advantageous as you have more control over the situation. Control though can be contagious. Sorry, felt like rhyming while I'm crying. Oops, there I go again. Not really crying, just rhyming. Stop it Tilly!

Funny dog story

Good story, wilson! The dog we had when I was a teenager liked to bury things in the yard. We fed him table scraps, and he would often bury little bits for later. One day, after burying a biscuit in the yard, he noticed that a crow was watching him. After the crow flew away he dug up the biscuit, did a bunch of evasive manuveurs, and re-buried the biscuit in a different location. It was pretty funny.

As an aside, his name was Brutus. I named him; we had just finished reading Julius Caesar in English class.

Good story, wilson! The dog we had when I was a teenager liked to bury things in the yard. We fed him table scraps, and he would often bury little bits for later. One day, after burying a biscuit in the yard, he noticed that a crow was watching him. After the crow flew away he dug up the biscuit, did a bunch of evasive manuveurs, and re-buried the biscuit in a different location. It was pretty funny.

As an aside, his name was Brutus. I named him; we had just finished reading Julius Caesar in English class.
    Walt's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and I bought him a rawhide. Shortly thereafter, he took it out in the yard to hide it (which had thus far been totally out of character...I had always known him to just start right in on a chewie). Anyway, I heard him in the yard pawing at the ivy, and I shuddered to think what he was getting into (I figured it for some dead animal or another). I went back to check things out and found that he was simply hiding his bone, so I apologized and left him alone. Just like Brutus, he went back a few minutes later, got his rawhide, and took it I know not where. I still have no idea what he's done with it (I guess that was the point).