Page 936 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 436836886926934935936937938946986103614361936 ... LastLast
Results 18,701 to 18,720 of 67382
    On the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    On the road again.
    Wrong thread. The Greatest Songs thread is next door.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's basketball season and the election is over. Our competitive natures must be focused elsewhere.

I posted over there also. I was going to post Glen Campbell's By The Time I Get To Phoenix. But it didn't fit the Rock nature of that thread. So, I waited until I got to (Viva)Las Vegas. Can Homeward Bound be considered rock?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I posted over there also. I was going to post Glen Campbell's By The Time I Get To Phoenix. But it didn't fit the Rock nature of that thread. So, I waited until I got to (Viva)Las Vegas. Can Homeward Bound be considered rock?
    Just look at the hair they had back then! Most be rock and rollers.

I do not want to paint the powder room but I also do not want to pay a painter. I am just not feeling it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I do not want to paint the powder room but I also do not want to pay a painter. I am just not feeling it.
    Doesn't enough powder take care of the problem?

Just close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Just close your eyes.
    Or take the lightbulbs out of their sockets.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    How many people at your house for Thanksgiving this year?

I'm down to 4. My two oldest sons are going to Durham to be with Mom, Dad, and their uncles. We thought my youngest was still going to be on chemo when the plans were made. He's not, but we didn't have the energy to change the plans. My turkey is only 9 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

I'm down to 4. My two oldest sons are going to Durham to be with Mom, Dad, and their uncles. We thought my youngest was still going to be on chemo when the plans were made. He's not, but we didn't have the energy to change the plans. My turkey is only 9 pounds.
    I always go to my sister's house - bringing pies and gravy making skills. We may only have a dozen this year - with some extras for pie. But it could be more - some invites still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Doesn't enough powder take care of the problem?
    Yes...but eventually, only the full facelift can hide the years...

And we've got eight for Tgiving, plus a couple little ones. Thinking we might make a visiting infant the centerpiece if we can find a lazy susan!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Got you beat - just me and the Missus. Brining a bird for the first time. Any helpful hints are welcomed. Pretty confident in my turkey skills, but lots of contradictory info out there on brine ingredients and times.

We have 12 this year - about the same as most years...and they're all staying over for at least two days. There's nothing quite like hosting, entertaining and feeding your in-laws for two or three days! I can't say that I relish the prospect of dealing with the endless work and feeding and cleaning up that Thanksgiving has become at our house. We have an infestation of mice (and other varmints) in a small guest house on our property where some of the guests are staying, so I've already been on "mouse patrol" in a somewhat futile attempt to eradicate them (got two last nights with traps!) before Wednesday. I basically write this week off from work.

Of course, I have been banned from the kitchen this year after I "inadvertently" threw out the gravy last year, BEFORE the big meal. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Got you beat - just me and the Missus. Brining a bird for the first time. Any helpful hints are welcomed. Pretty confident in my turkey skills, but lots of contradictory info out there on brine ingredients and times.
    We've brined in the past....seems to work well, but not sure there is HUGE difference in the quality of the meat. We've given up on it, partly because of the hassle of doing it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    We've brined in the past...seems to work well, but not sure there is HUGE difference in the quality of the meat. We've given up on it, partly because of the hassle of doing it. Good luck!
    Watered down turkey. Ugh! Or so says this guy.

-jk

No, the brining is fine. Especially for a smaller turkey. Just make sure you pat it very dry inside and out. I also cook mine upside down for the first half of the suggested time. Bought some heavy duty lined rubber gloves (at Home Depot) to aid in the flipping.

I know DinK has earned her gravy superiority but I would humbly assert that mine is pretty dingydarned good, too. Today's chore was the giblet broth that will now enable the gravy to become even more ethereal by Thursday. Sweet potatoes are absorbing bourbon in the fridge and tomorrow the greatest pie crust in the History Of Mankind will make it's venerated appearance.

It's kind of a one weezie-cooking-band around here but they're all on notice that the post-knee surgery chef superior will not be touching a dirty dish, pot or pan.

As always, I like to keep it humble.

No, the brining is fine. Especially for a smaller turkey. Just make sure you pat it very dry inside and out. I also cook mine upside down for the first half of the suggested time. Bought some heavy duty lined rubber gloves (at Home Depot) to aid in the flipping.

I know DinK has earned her gravy superiority but I would humbly assert that mine is pretty dingydarned good, too. Today's chore was the giblet broth that will now enable the gravy to become even more ethereal by Thursday. Sweet potatoes are absorbing bourbon in the fridge and tomorrow the greatest pie crust in the History Of Mankind will make it's venerated appearance.

It's kind of a one weezie-cooking-band around here but they're all on notice that the post-knee surgery chef superior will not be touching a dirty dish, pot or pan.

Our rule is if you cook the turkey, you don't have to clean up. I love that rule...

-jk

Wow, I hope -jk is not upset with this...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wow, I hope -jk is not upset with this...
    What's not to like - Ymm, Bourbon sweet potatoes! (Wish my family liked sweet potatoes more in any form...)

-jk