Page 935 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 435835885925933934935936937945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 18,681 to 18,700 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    No pets. I used to think about how fun it would be to have a dog. Then I would housesit and remember why I don't have one - you have to come straight home from work and have to find someone to take care of them when you travel. For quite a few years, I'd make money by taking care of other people's pets. Not a bad trade off - get paid for enjoying other people's pets.
    We have a dog. And four families vying to pet sit.

Awesome dog, if not perfect.

A couple families want to pet sit to keep kids happy. A couple mostly miss having a dog (but love their newfound freedom!)

It works for a bunch of families! A classical neighborhood mutt. If you're in the greater DC area and want to get in on the game, let me know.

-jk

I pet sit for "free" for a couple of neighbors, for their dogs in particular. Actually in place of any compensation, all I ask is that they make a small donation to a local animal shelter, preferably a no kill shelter. I enjoy taking care of the dogs it lets me walk around the neighborhood and feel less self conscious about it. Not that I should, its just different when you are walking a dog.

Ymo you are a terrific person. It makes me happy to read your post!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I do not recognize the legitamacy o fthis thread.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Now gods, stand up for bastards! King Lear Act 1, Scene 2

It may not be your LTE but it is the duly elected LTE so you should show respect for the "office" (aka thread).

I have a t-shirt that says: Warning - Quotes Shakespeare in Everyday Conversation.

Feel free to contest it.

If the thread doesn't fit, you must...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If the thread doesn't fit, you must...
    Post again?

Anyone want to predict what the next thread will be to threaten the accuracy of the LTE name?

My vote: NCAA drops death penalty on UNC for academic violations and general douche-baggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone want to predict what the next thread will be to threaten the accuracy of the LTE name?

My vote: NCAA drops death penalty on UNC for academic violations and general douche-baggery.
    2016 Presidential Race-Post Game Thread.

Oh, wait...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

2022 Recruiting Thread

PS Post again is always the right answer...

Nothing will ever again threaten the supremacy of the LTE. I've seen to that.

Bwahahahahahaha!

For those of you that are in the mood to include strangers in your prayers, I would request vibes for Molly and her family. Molly, one of my mission trip kids, is in high school and is battling what has been determined to be conversion disorder, where your body translates stress into physiological symptoms, such as numbness in her legs making walking difficult. It has struck again this morning. If you could include her and her mother, father, and brother in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. The more prayers, the better.

Thank you.

For those of you that are in the mood to include strangers in your prayers, I would request vibes for Molly and her family. Molly, one of my mission trip kids, is in high school and is battling what has been determined to be conversion disorder, where your body translates stress into physiological symptoms, such as numbness in her legs making walking difficult. It has struck again this morning. If you could include her and her mother, father, and brother in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. The more prayers, the better.

Thank you.
    Absolutely.

What are we doing? Hiding from the press after our victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What are we doing? Hiding from the press after our victory?
    And you may ask yourself
    What is that beautiful house?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where does that highway go to?
    And you may ask yourself
    Am I right? Am I wrong?
    And you may say yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Same as it ever was . . . .

I think the official name was golden velvet cake. Basically a white cake but the secret ingredient was melted white chocolate. The cookbook had two similar recipes - one called for 6 egg yolks and the other called for 4.5 egg whites. I went with the first so I didn't have to wrap my head around the 1/2 of an egg white.
    I tried the recipe that called for 4.5 egg whites for Sister Anne's birthday. Using the volume measurement provided, it only took 4 egg whites. Consensus was this was the better cake. Will make it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Absolutely.
    Thanks, BD. I don't thnk there can ever be too many prayers.