Page 932 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 432832882922930931932933934942982103214321932 ... LastLast
Results 18,621 to 18,640 of 67406
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's been awhile, but I used to make a lemon chess pie that family members were quite fond of. And my absolute favorite apple pie is my own. Sorry. Can't help it. I love my own pie!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mine is on the second floor of my two story house built in 2012. I looked at the outside facade today and noticed some cracking in the Marta. I recall signing some kind of waiver years ago.

I just noticed we are on page 911. There must be a pie emergency somewhere...
    There is always a pie emergency somewhere.

Actually, I think life in general could be defined as a pie emergency.

Very smokey here in the greater Asheville area, thanks to the WNC wildfires.

I can literally smell the smoke inside my apartment.

That is less than ideal...

Mine is a 3 piece of slat table. I think the single piece tables are the most expensive.

Pretty big Powerball jackpot tonight. I bought one ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Very smokey here in the greater Asheville area, thanks to the WNC wildfires.

I can literally smell the smoke inside my apartment.
    It was thick today. Worst in West Asheville and South Asheville. Hoping for some rain tomorrow.

Mine is a 3 piece of slat table. I think the single piece tables are the most expensive.

Pretty big Powerball jackpot tonight. I bought one ticket.
    Powerball... Doug Hinds (the Doug Hinds of rubber chicken fame) had a system. Never bet until the odds were in your favor. Bet the big ones.

-jk

Generally, I only play when the value of the jackpot exceeds the odds of winning the jackpot. In stat parlance, what is known as a "fair" game. That brings out several practical questions. Cash value or annuity value? Pre or post tax? I also generally play as a pool of 16 of us each contributing $5 per draw. A few in the group want to go more $ per draw, I kindly remind them that they can also buy their own tickets. I probably shouldn't have let it get to $5 as any more than 1 ticket doesn't practically alter your odds enough. But that's another story.

Kids will repeat things they hear their parents say. A lot.

It is a point of pride with me that I have heard more than one of my kids repeat one of my favorites jokes - Your odds of winning the lottery are slightly better if you buy a ticket.

Still Ymo, hope yours is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Your odds of winning the lottery are slightly better if you buy a ticket.
    Actually, I think they rise from 0% to whatever and that is about a 100% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually, I think they rise from 0% to whatever and that is about a 100% increase.
    You know that old quote "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"? (Mark Twain)

One of the easiest ways to lie with statistics is to talk about percent increase.

(You do know your math is faulty though, right?)

One of the easiest ways to lie with statistics is to talk about percent increase.

Do you know a lawyer who can count (other than money)?

Actually, my math is about as accurate as most of the math around this place.

Ahh percent increase, the bane of every math teacher's existence when sitting in meetings with admin who don't understand what they're asking for when they say we need a 50% increase in a score or pass rate.

Maybe discuss with them the percent decrease they are liable to see in their salary when they overcommit and then don't deliver.

Do you know a lawyer who can count (other than money)?

Actually, my math is about as accurate as most of the math around this place.
    I know lots of lawyers who can count! It's when they try to divide by zero that things get tricky. ;-)

Maybe discuss with them the percent decrease they are liable to see in their salary when they overcommit and then don't deliver.
    Hahaha in the business world maybe. In education they're likely to get "promoted out of the way".

I miss Dave Chappelle.

But what is that in cinderblocks?

So - red velvet cake?