Page 931 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932933941981103114311931 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,620 of 67370
    FWIW, my father's family's religion was Buddhism.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I make a Crapple Pie.
    I've been to Maine many times, but I've never been to Crabapple Cove.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I ran another 5k today. I have now run in 27 different towns in Masschusetts.

Today was the Forge Pond 5k in Hanover. Only 324 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I ran another 5k today. I have now run in 27 different towns in Masschusetts.

Today was the Forge Pond 5k in Hanover. Only 324 to go!
    You may not want to contemplate that numer in kilometers. It is a long way to run.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You may not want to contemplate that numer in kilometers. It is a long way to run.
    That's only 324 more towns. So, 1004.4 miles or 1620 kilometers.

1620 kilometers is a bit of run. Particularly for one day. Ultramarathoning has never crossed my mind. A marathon on the other hand...

I have a pool table, but have yet to use it in 6 years of ownership. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    I'm a ping pong man, myself
    Let's go Duke!

1620 kilometers is a bit of run. Particularly for one day. Ultramarathoning has never crossed my mind. A marathon on the other hand...
    Do it! I have to think you'll be glad you did. Each time I have made that final turn (Right on Hereford, Left on Boylston) on Boylston the feeling has been overwhelming. I have never felt more proud of myself than that last 2/10ths of a mile of the Boston Marathon. If I could share that feeling with the world, I would.

Also - I'm not going to finish the challenge until I'm at least 80.

There were only about 150 people participating in the race today. I emailed the race director ahead of time because part of it was on a trail and I'm wary of two many tree roots and I wanted to know how much of a problem they might be. Anyway, I also told him about my crazy goal, run a 5k or longer in every city and town in Massachusetts, and that Hanover would be #27. At the start of the race today, he announced to the crowd who I was and what I was doing. I got a big round of applause.

I make a Crapple Pie. (Cranberry Apple Streusel) It is one of my staple holiday pies.
    No one in my family is any good at making pies. This year we are ordering from the culinary program in the high school where I work. Those students have made lunches for the staff before and I was very impressed with their work. Looking forward to sharing with the rest of my family.

I've been to Maine many times, but I've never been to Crabapple Cove.
    We should schedule a road trip and build a still there in honor of Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    No one in my family is any good at making pies. This year we are ordering from the culinary program in the high school where I work. Those students have made lunches for the staff before and I was very impressed with their work. Looking forward to sharing with the rest of my family.
    I'm in charge of pies and gravy for the family holiday dinners. I typically make pumpkin, bourbon pecan, crapple, and then either French Silk or Reese's Mousse Pie.

Two of the out of town nephews will be coming for Thanksgiving. Great niece Charlotte has requested that I make Grandma's Coffee Cake.

I have a pool table, but have yet to use it in 6 years of ownership. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Feel free to send it my way. I love the game, but I'm not very good. A table would help that.

And I have just the place for it: my son wants one too, and his drum kit would have to go somewhere else!

We're following craigslist just now looking for one in the DC area - there're a remarkable number of unwanted tables out there.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    My drummer-son makes a wicked chess pie, but he can't make a crust to put it in.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Feel free to send it my way. I love the game, but I'm not very good. A table would help that.

And I have just the place for it: my son wants one too, and his drum kit would have to go somewhere else!

We're following craigslist just now looking for one in the DC area - there're a remarkable number of unwanted tables out there.

-jk
    Are they hard to get rid off because they are so dad-blasted heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    My drummer-son makes a wicked chess pie, but he can't make a crust to put it in.

-jk
    I've never made a chess pie - or eaten one either. Does he share his recipe?

Mine is on the second floor of my two story house built in 2012. I looked at the outside facade today and noticed some cracking in the Marta. I recall signing some kind of waiver years ago.

I just noticed we are on page 911. There must be a pie emergency somewhere...

Are they hard to get rid off because they are so dad-blasted heavy?
    Yeah. The legs do come off tables, and often the slate under the felt comes out so you can manage it separately. (Don't get a plastic/composite pool table.) Not a DIY without some beefy friends and a good truck.

-jk

I've never made a chess pie - or eaten one either. Does he share his recipe?
    Chess pie is something like pecan pie without the nuts. It comes out of Fannie Farmers, albeit with his personal quirks - he's 13 - lots of quirks!

-jk