Page 919 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 419819869909917918919920921929969101914191919 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,380 of 67382
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I started the thread on the one year anniversary (minus one day) of the day my son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I have yet to meet a parent in the infusion clinic who can't rattle off the exact date of what I have come to call Diagnosis Day. That first year as Diagnosis Day approached, I found I really needed a distraction. I did two things that first year - start the LTE and host a Winter Solstice Dessert Open House party at my house. Both are still going on.

Yes - a dessert party, although I have some fruit and nuts and cheese and crackers but mostly desserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I started the thread on the one year anniversary (minus one day) of the day my son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I have yet to meet a parent in the infusion clinic who can't rattle off the exact date of what I have come to call Diagnosis Day. That first year as Diagnosis Day approached, I found I really needed a distraction. I did two things that first year - start the LTE and host a Winter Solstice Dessert Open House party at my house. Both are still going on.

Yes - a dessert party, although I have some fruit and nuts and cheese and crackers but mostly desserts.
    I did not know that, BD. I am honore to add to the thread, albeit with little substance and lots of Malarkey. Prayers and vibes still going out your way.

<<<<<{{{{{[[[[[((((((((((vibes))))))))))}}}}}>>>>>

I must not have been paying attention when you explained the reasons for starting this thread previously. It appears you have a ten-year anniversary coming up. Prayers for you and your family.

I did not know either BD but I am happy that you found some distraction and maybe a few laughs here.

Peace be with you and the entire BD family!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

And there were big happeninga last week on that front.

What type of bread does Mularkey go well on? It's a rare delicacy that must be savored.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I did not know that, BD. I am honore to add to the thread, albeit with little substance and lots of Malarkey. Prayers and vibes still going out your way.

<<<<<{{{{{[[[[[((((((((((vibes))))))))))}}}}}>>>>>
    Is Malarkey a Scotch?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is Malarkey a Scotch?
    image.jpg

Brought this back from Ireland this summer, voted whiskey of the year there. Cannot tell you how good this is.

But tomorrow is fetal position, rot gut and Depends. Quantity, not quality.

image.jpg

Brought this back from Ireland this summer, voted whiskey of the year there. Cannot tell you how good this is.

Amen. I'll have a handle of Old Forester at hand. (Frankly, it's a nice balance of quality and quantity for the apocryphal "Ymm, Bourbon" thread.)

-jk

image.jpg

Shame you didn't bring a dram of this to a tailgate this year.

But there's still Thursday night this week...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Amen. I'll have a handle of Old Forester at hand. (Frankly, it's a nice balance of quality and quantity for the apocryphal "Ymm, Bourbon" thread.)

-jk
    You and OPK really need to have Ymm, Bourbon and Ymm, Scotch threads...

Shame you didn't bring a dram of this to a tailgate this year.

But there's still Thursday night this week...

Alas, I already saw you at my game for the year. Although still sitting on my bowl game funds until I have to give them up.

Can still get to six. Thursday would help.

You and OPK really need to have Ymm, Bourbon and Ymm, Scotch threads...
    -jk and I would probably just settle on Aberlour and call it a night.

Which is a good thing.

Alas, I already saw you at my game for the year. Although still sitting on my bowl game funds until I have to give them up.

Can still get to six. Thursday would help.
    Bowl game funds?

Possible, but not probable. Sadly. I'm using mine for holiday ales.

The hubby's favorite single malt is, I believe, Talisker. It's certainly up there in his rankings. I got him that Scotch a Day Advent Calendar for an early Christmas present last year.

Bowl game funds?

Possible, but not probable. Sadly. I'm using mine for holiday ales.
    I've made five straight (and must give big props to lurking BrotherInLawPK for making the last one happen, because I would have likely skipped NY despite our making the other three Cut Bowls together). Until we're out, we're still in. Go to HELL you cheating puss-sucking Tar Heels. Burn in Hell.

-jk and I would probably just settle on Aberlour and call it a night.

Which is a good thing.
    Retirement brings out the stadium/soccer/captains chair on our front lawn (where I can yell at the young'ins), a very loud 60s/70s classic rock mix, a Cuban cigar (maybe) and a double or triple (neat, of course) of a fine bourbon and/or Scotch TBD. It'll be an open invitation evening.

The hubby's favorite single malt is, I believe, Talisker. It's certainly up there in his rankings. I got him that Scotch a Day Advent Calendar for an early Christmas present last year.
    I like the Isle of Skye. Peaty, very acquired taste. Big fan.

OPK - I saw the Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense tour) in Carmichael Auditorium fall of my junior year at Duke. I won the tickets in a contest on WXDU. Should have taken you. The guy I took wasn't the most fun, but, he did have a car.

And no, I'm not adding a discussion of the Talking Heads to the Presidential thread.

jk and I went to high school together.

He doesn't remember me.