Page 879 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 37977982986987787887988088188992997913791879 ... LastLast
Results 17,561 to 17,580 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I painted my porch, washed my car, went to work for a few hours, mowed the yard, fertilized the yard(organic fertilizer), fertilized the trees and watered them. Only thing left is to vacuum the house before getting up early to put another coat of paint on the patio. I don't think the vacuuming is happening.
    The vacuuming didn't happen.
    Yep, my vacuuming didn't happen also. Neither did any of those other things.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    3 Floyds is on our list of stopping/watering place.
    Played trivia at a local brewery on Friday and one of the questions was 3 Floyd's based. We got that right. Unfortunately, not too many of the other ones.

I painted my porch, washed my car, went to work for a few hours, mowed the yard, fertilized the yard(organic fertilizer), fertilized the trees and watered them. Only thing left is to vacuum the house before getting up early to put another coat of paint on the patio. I don't think the vacuuming is happening.
    Summa cum laude Chores Accomplshments Achievement List of Outstanding Meritorious Service.

Now THAT is my first draft pick. Well done!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Summa cum laude Chores Accomplshments Achievement List of Outstanding Meritorious Service.

Now THAT is my first draft pick. Well done!
    Yes, but very few posts to the LTE.

Up since 2:30 AM working on work stuff. Easier to do it in the early morning hours at home than at work.

Goodness Ymo, are you trying to make 'some' of us look bad?

I confess, I am a horrible morning person to deal with. The husband is always chipper and bright-eyed, me more like molasses on slow roll.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Goodness Ymo, are you trying to make 'some' of us look bad?

I confess, I am a horrible morning person to deal with. The husband is always chipper and bright-eyed, me more like molasses on slow roll.
    If I were more efficient, I could work less...

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Little early in the year for a cold wave, isn't it? Only 93 in south Texas in mid-September.😥

ricks
    Have no fear, we hit 99F today.

I confess, I am a horrible morning person to deal with.
    Me too. The last 2 years I've been fortunate enough to have the first class of the day as my planning period so it gives me time to wake up. This year no such luck so I asked if any of my students hated mornings and plenty raised their hand. We all agreed to give each other a little extra grace in the mornings. 7:30 is too early to start school if you ask me.

They are picking up some of the kids in my neighborhood around 6:30 AM. Not sure what age but probably no older than middle school. I'm up long before that but don't get out the door until much later.

Over in that other thread, they shudder at the thought...

I'm much more of a morning person. On the weekends, I try to have everything done for the day by 10am so I can just relax without a worry for the rest of the day. Waking up at 5:30 through the week makes sleeping in until 7 on Sunday seem heavenly.

Over in that other thread, they shudder at the thought...

Here, it's more about the sunnier side of life. Along with griping, general mopery and menu cards.

Early riser here, by nature. Usually up by 6am whether or not I have a reason to be.

To be fair, I am not useful until 9 or so, but I am up...

Have no fear, we hit 99F today.
    Maybe that's the real secret to making outstanding BBQ-----the meat is always preheated to about 100 degrees before beginning the smoking process!😄

(Nowhere but Texas.&#128521

ricks

Maybe that's the real secret to making outstanding BBQ-----the meat is always preheated to about 100 degrees before beginning the smoking process!😄

(Nowhere but Texas.&#128521

ricks
    It's not a dry heat either...

Can we get some fall weather now please? Hottest August on record here in AVL. On track to be hottest September in 100 years. And we have had .02 inches of rain this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Can we get some fall weather now please? Hottest August on record here in AVL. On track to be hottest September in 100 years. And we have had .02 inches of rain this month.
    Some trees are already turning yellow, but for some reason, lots of leaves are falling everywhere without changing------and it's about 3 to 5 weeks to go before peak color. ???

ricks

Some trees are already turning yellow, but for some reason, lots of leaves are falling everywhere without changing------and it's about 3 to 5 weeks to go before peak color. ???

ricks
    Every year I hear "leaves are going to be good/bad this year because we had so little/much rain."

Not sure anyone really knows the formula, but it definitely doesn't "feel" like a good year for fall colors. At least, my lawn thinks "yellow" is a nice fall color.

Welp The Thread That Must Not Be Named (TTTMNBN for future reference) broke 600 pages.