Page 86 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 67392

Smile Ymo's back!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm doing well, just not posting much. Honestly, being gone all weekend put me off of my routine and I have been struggling to stay caught up ever since.
    Welcome Back!! Last post I saw from you, was one in which you made picks that were much better than mine for the Subway NASCAR race.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm doing well, just not posting much. Honestly, being gone all weekend put me off of my routine and I have been struggling to stay caught up ever since.
    Glad you're back; hope your travels went well. Which reunion did you go to?

Owen reunion, quite a few people there, but not overwhelming numbers. Interesting thing was that 2002 didn't have a five year reunion. They had a sixth. They thought it was because they complained too much while they were there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Welcome Back!! Last post I saw from you, was one in which you made picks that were much better than mine for the Subway NASCAR race.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Thank you, thank you...

I should have pulled a Costanaza and left at that point. Giving my picking prowess lately, better to go out on top than to return to my more appropriate level

Uhmmmmmmmmmm....found this on the second page. Don't know how it got there.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Well, it is losing steam. Now that it is the LTE and we've left all the others in the dust, some of the pressure is off.

We need a new goal or we can just accept that sometimes it will drop to the second page for a little while, but someone will probably bring it back.

Talking Earworm alert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, it is losing steam. Now that it is the LTE and we've left all the others in the dust, some of the pressure is off.

We need a new goal or we can just accept that sometimes it will drop to the second page for a little while, but someone will probably bring it back.
    When in doubt, remember our 30-second TV ad for this thread:
    LTE, apply directly to the forehead.
    LTE, apply directly to the forehead.

Things will be better now that Ymo's back.

Also, the diversity of OTB threads has been particularly good lately, so one expects a lot of threads to go to the second page.

Marathon cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm impressed with the volume of posts on OT and the PPB. DBR is kicking into high gear as everyone tries to figure out what the hell to do till November.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm impressed with the volume of posts on OT and the PPB. DBR is kicking into high gear as everyone tries to figure out what the hell to do till November.
    Frankly, I'd love to get out and enjoy the warm, spring sun, but that doesn't arrive here until July 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

We could aim for more page views?

We need to find ways to link back into posts of this thread - an LTE rickroll, if you will - so that people will unwittingly enter in and see what the LTE is all about.

As we near the end of page 86, I'm taking it ON topic and pausing to remember the '86 team. Ahhh. My all time favorite, it's like a fine wine.

Angry

It's *snowing* here.

That's so wrong.

At least it didn't start to fall until the furnace installation crew was done and packing up, so at least I have heat again. Nice, considering our highs for the weekend aren't expected to top 45.

I just spoke with my 'rents in DC, they're headed out for a night on the town, with the top down on the convertible.

I MISS THE SOUTH.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    It's *snowing* here.

That's so wrong.

At least it didn't start to fall until the furnace installation crew was done and packing up, so at least I have heat again. Nice, considering our highs for the weekend aren't expected to top 45.

I just spoke with my 'rents in DC, they're headed out for a night on the town, with the top down on the convertible.

I MISS THE SOUTH.
    Lucky!

It was over 70 here today, and that's too warm too early for my taste.

It was 86 here in the Triangle.

Well, they announced the semi-finalists for the play festival in Carrboro. I made the semi-finals last year and this year I sent them Almost Made in Heaven in an all out attempt to break into the final line-up but alas it is not to be. How can a festival in Carrboro that included no North Carolina based playwrights last year turn down an entry about a couple that gets set up by eHarmony where everything goes great until they find out she went to Duke and he went to UNC and includes the immortal line 'I think Coach K is sexy'? I ask you, how?

Sorry Triangle area DBR folks, you'll have to wait at least one more year to see my brilliant work on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    It was 86 here in the Triangle.
    Can I come visit, pretty please?

Smile Speaking of 86

Get Smart! (the movie) comes out in June this year. It features Anne Hathaway as Agent 99, and Steve Carrell as Agent 86.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Can I come visit, pretty please?
    Come on over and down!!

Get Smart! (the movie) comes out in June this year. It features Anne Hathaway as Agent 99, and Steve Carrell as Agent 86.
    This is one movie I definitely want to see over the summer, because I do not want to miss it by this much!!

Which agent was always hiding in things? I can't remember if it was always a mail box or if that is just the one I remember.

Smile Agent 13

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Which agent was always hiding in things? I can't remember if it was always a mail box or if that is just the one I remember.
    That would be Agent 13. In the movie, he'll be played by Bill Murray.