Page 859 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 3597598098498578588598608618699099591359 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,180 of 28612
    They are picking up some of the kids in my neighborhood around 6:30 AM. Not sure what age but probably no older than middle school. I'm up long before that but don't get out the door until much later.

Over in that other thread, they shudder at the thought...

I'm much more of a morning person. On the weekends, I try to have everything done for the day by 10am so I can just relax without a worry for the rest of the day. Waking up at 5:30 through the week makes sleeping in until 7 on Sunday seem heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Over in that other thread, they shudder at the thought...

Here, it's more about the sunnier side of life. Along with griping, general mopery and menu cards.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Early riser here, by nature. Usually up by 6am whether or not I have a reason to be.

To be fair, I am not useful until 9 or so, but I am up...

Have no fear, we hit 99F today.
    Maybe that's the real secret to making outstanding BBQ-----the meat is always preheated to about 100 degrees before beginning the smoking process!😄

(Nowhere but Texas.&#128521

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Maybe that's the real secret to making outstanding BBQ-----the meat is always preheated to about 100 degrees before beginning the smoking process!😄

(Nowhere but Texas.&#128521

ricks
    It's not a dry heat either...

Can we get some fall weather now please? Hottest August on record here in AVL. On track to be hottest September in 100 years. And we have had .02 inches of rain this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Can we get some fall weather now please? Hottest August on record here in AVL. On track to be hottest September in 100 years. And we have had .02 inches of rain this month.
    Some trees are already turning yellow, but for some reason, lots of leaves are falling everywhere without changing------and it's about 3 to 5 weeks to go before peak color. ???

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Some trees are already turning yellow, but for some reason, lots of leaves are falling everywhere without changing------and it's about 3 to 5 weeks to go before peak color. ???

ricks
    Every year I hear "leaves are going to be good/bad this year because we had so little/much rain."

Not sure anyone really knows the formula, but it definitely doesn't "feel" like a good year for fall colors. At least, my lawn thinks "yellow" is a nice fall color.

Welp The Thread That Must Not Be Named (TTTMNBN for future reference) broke 600 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Welp The Thread That Must Not Be Named (TTTMNBN for future reference) broke 600 pages.
    Or, as someone pointed out, change your settings to 40 per page and it is only at 300 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Or, as someone pointed out, change your settings to 40 per page and it is only at 300 pages.
    Re-read this entire thread a second time, and it's 1,718 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    That's just not right...

Don't worry, I just threw some obscure theoretical math down over there. Should be a momentum-killer.

But again, this thread is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Don't worry, I just threw some obscure theoretical math down over there. Should be a momentum-killer.

But again, this thread is safe.
    Perhaps, but the pace of posting over there is likely to increase as the election gets closer and people's emotions push the boundaries of PPB territory.

Dealing with stats nearly every day for work, they are predictive, not determinant.

Perhaps, but the pace of posting over there is likely to increase as the election gets closer and people's emotions push the boundaries of PPB territory.

Dealing with stats nearly every day for work, they are predictive, not determinant.
    And yes, I spent the afternoon making sure those kids stayed off my lawn.

True. Considering once a week or so a few dozen posts are deleted...

Yeah, but you have to factor in the PPB delete rate too.

I'll man the button...