Page 859 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 35975980984985785885986086186990995913591859 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,180 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Haha!

Did y'all know Red Velvet Oreos are a thing now? They actually aren't bad.
    I like many of the special flavor Oreos but I wish they would make them with the double stuff creme to cookie ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I like many of the special flavor Oreos but I wish they would make them with the double stuff creme to cookie ratio.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Try this:

Attachment 6478

Ahhhh, Gross Chem humor. Love it. I think that's the only building on campus that still smells exactly the same as it did way back when. Never truly appreciated the groovy sunken party room atmosphere, kind of a tribute to the Dick Van Dyke living/groovy room, I guess.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I should post less from my phone and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I should post less from my phone and tablet.
    I know, right?! Plus EvilVerizonCorp is again jumping on me for getting close to the max data this month. Lord help me, how I hate Verizon...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I know, right?! Plus EvilVerizonCorp is again jumping on me for getting close to the max data this month. Lord help me, how I hate Verizon...
    Does anyone like their cell/home phone carrier (if you still have a land line)/cable/internet provider?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Does anyone like their cell/home phone carrier (if you still have a land line)/cable/internet provider?
    I havr US Cellular for my phone - legions better than other carriers I was with (Verizon, ATT, Cingular) over the years. Good service, no surprises on my bill.

I do detest my internet provider, but where I live it is a two horse race, and I have sworn off ATT from past transgressions, leaving me stuck with Charter and their high bills and repeated attempts to get me to bundle with unwanted landlines and cable service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I havr US Cellular for my phone - legions better than other carriers I was with (Verizon, ATT, Cingular) over the years. Good service, no surprises on my bill.

I do detest my internet provider, but where I live it is a two horse race, and I have sworn off ATT from past transgressions, leaving me stuck with Charter and their high bills and repeated attempts to get me to bundle with unwanted landlines and cable service.
    You know, I hear US Cellular is giving away free tablets. You should see your favorite wireless consultant for more details

Ok, then! A young man we have doing odd jobs during his summer break spotted a 300 lb black mama bear and two cubs jaunting around the barn and into the woods near an old shed here on Hillbilly Acres Farm. That's a bit close for comfort, especially since she's got youngsters in tow.
    Guess this means I'll be rescheduling that big barn cleaning festival I had planned for myself and the husband during the upcoming holiday weekend.
    Mother Nature is not the best party planner.

My phone bill is paid for as it is also my work number(only a few calls a month on it, more of an e-mail device) and my internet service has been good(helps that AT&T used to be based here). So no real complaints on those fronts from me.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ok, then! A young man we have doing odd jobs during his summer break spotted a 300 lb black mama bear and two cubs jaunting around the barn and into the woods near an old shed here on Hillbilly Acres Farm. That's a bit close for comfort, especially since she's got youngsters in tow.
    Guess this means I'll be rescheduling that big barn cleaning festival I had planned for myself and the husband during the upcoming holiday weekend.
    Mother Nature is not the best party planner.
    A good friend of mine from undergrad was chased by a bear while he was hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Went kayaking with my sisters and a niece yesterday. We got to see a bald eagle and lots of blue herons. When we got off the river, Sister Sue had a video text from a neighbor of a bear strolling through her yard. Since she was gone and we doubt her husband refilled the bird feeder, we don't think the bear was very happy. (Bear destroyed the bird feeder earlier this year.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Went kayaking with my sisters and a niece yesterday. We got to see a bald eagle and lots of blue herons. When we got off the river, Sister Sue had a video text from a neighbor of a bear strolling through her yard. Since she was gone and we doubt her husband refilled the bird feeder, we don't think the bear was very happy. (Bear destroyed the bird feeder earlier this year.)
    Love kayaking. We have a couple of boats. Used to live on the French Broad and would come home, paddle upstream, and float downstream sippong a brew.

Nice way to unwind.

Love kayaking. We have a couple of boats. Used to live on the French Broad and would come home, paddle upstream, and float downstream sippong a brew.

Nice way to unwind.
    Agreed, I am five minutes from house to in the Savannah River. Just too darned hot, even early, for the next bit.

Nice way to unwind.
    I've been contemplating purchasing a kayak - but then have the issue of transporting and storing it. would love to live on water so that I could just go to the dock and get in. Being able to float back would be a plus.

I've been contemplating purchasing a kayak - but then have the issue of transporting and storing it. would love to live on water so that I could just go to the dock and get in. Being able to float back would be a plus.
    Kayaks are light. Throw it on your car's roof (with appropriate mounting gear, of course). Keep it in your garage - hang it, even, and park under it.

-jk

... would love to live on water so that I could just go to the dock and get in. Being able to float back would be a plus.
    We camp at the water's edge, and have this advantage. We just get up, step into the boat and take off. When we return, just the opposite. Get out, tie off, grab a beer. It's a football field-sized meadow, with a feeder creek into the lake.
    There's nothing as relaxing as wilderness camping...until it rains. But, I've a secret weapon for staying dry and warm.

Lamb burgers and grilled eggplant! And much beer!

Bottom of my street...

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...lake/86942648/

beaver attacks paddle boarder...
    Last edited by -jk; 07-13-2016 at 11:00 AM. Reason: please give context...

That is a strange tale. (or should it be "tail" in this case?)

I wonder if Jimmy Carter's killer rabbit lives nearby.

Seriously, hope everyone is okay.