Page 85 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'll post again right before the marathon but my bib number is 23982.

2nd Page?

The thread has fallen to the second page? How can that happen? It wasn't that long ago that the thread was always in the top half of the first page.

Happy Sunday everyone!

What's something we haven't talked about yet?

Summer plans? Anybody taking a great vacation?

If we recover from the Marathon quickly enough we're taking the kids on a Hall of Fame tour to Springfield Mass then Cooperstown towards the end of next week. (It's April vacation week from school.)

Summer vacation

I haven't made any plans for summer vacation yet. Will probably just have 3 or 4 day weekends interspersed throughout the summer.

I need some sun! And Warmth! (Particularly since our furnace went out this weekend. )

Therefore, Puerto Vallarta is on the schedule for mid-May. (Had an offer of a free place to stay, couldn't pass that up!)

Any suggestions for things to do besides drink? We'll try and get some diving in, but it's not a region known for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I need some sun! And Warmth! (Particularly since our furnace went out this weekend. )

Therefore, Puerto Vallarta is on the schedule for mid-May. (Had an offer of a free place to stay, couldn't pass that up!)

Any suggestions for things to do besides drink? We'll try and get some diving in, but it's not a region known for it.
    Don't drink and dive!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Don't drink and dive!
    No worries on that front.

Our Dive Club just had a member of the Seattle Search & Rescue team come speak. He gave us quite a few examples (plus pictures) of what happens when these two things are combined.

Let's just say, the effects of moving rapidly from a level of high pressure to a level of low pressure on gasses in the body are quite... unpleasant.

Mission Trip

I'll be going as one of the adult leaders (at least in age) on a youth mission trip to Colorado. No other firm plans - but probably some kind of a bike trip somewhere in August.

The wife and I are thinking of going to Bermuda. That replaces Hawaii, which we decided was logistically untenable this year.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    The wife and I are thinking of going to Bermuda. That replaces Hawaii, which we decided was logistically untenable this year.
    Oo, I'm going to Hawaii this time next year. Another reason I'm not taking a summer vacation this year.

I'll be in Durham first weekend of June for my parents 50th(!!!!) Wedding Anniversary. They were married in the Chapel by the way, as was I. I'll be back again sometime in July. Oldest son is doing TIP this summer or as I call it 'Smart Camp'. He's taking Game Theory. We'll go somewhere in late August, usually either the Cape or New Hampshire.

I saw this thread yesterday afternoon and I just now finished reading it, all of it, all 85 pages. Just thought I'd join in and bump it on back to the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I saw this thread yesterday afternoon and I just now finished reading it, all of it, all 85 pages. Just thought I'd join in and bump it on back to the top of the page
    You read the entire thing? Wow. I've probably read it all, spaced out over these last 4 months, but all in one day? That may be a first.

Kudos!

kmspeaks deserves some kind of an award for that.

Hey, what was it like reading it all at once? I'm truly curious, were there stretches that stood out as entertaining? Others that were stupifyingly boring? Do you feel like you know the what, 8 of us that post regularly in the LTE? Is it more than 8 of us? Maybe 10 or 15?

Speaking of the LTE regulars, where's Ymo been? Now that I think about it, iirc, he was facing a choice of which reunion to attend - UGrad (15?) or Grad (5), this past weekend. Maybe he had one heck of a time...

Red face Thanks for the reminder, DA

Speaking of the LTE regulars, where's Ymo been? Now that I think about it, iirc, he was facing a choice of which reunion to attend - UGrad (15?) or Grad (5), this past weekend. Maybe he had one heck of a time...
    Oh no ... I forgot about my 25th. I wonder how the reunions went. Anyone go to the reunions?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

My parents just went to my dad's 50th Reunion and report back that it was a wonderful time. Also, Duke goes all out for the 50 year folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    kmspeaks deserves some kind of an award for that.

Hey, what was it like reading it all at once? I'm truly curious, were there stretches that stood out as entertaining? Others that were stupifyingly boring? Do you feel like you know the what, 8 of us that post regularly in the LTE? Is it more than 8 of us? Maybe 10 or 15?
    I found most of it entertaining actually. I didn't set out with the goal of reading the whole thing. I just wanted to see what it was all about and then questions were posed so I had to keep reading to find the answers. The more I read the more I felt compelled to keep reading.

Really for me the only part I found somewhat boring was the whole name three actors/actresses and try to guess what movie they all were in together. But then again I'm not really into keeping up with that kind of thing and I hadn't seen most of the movies.

I do feel like I sort of know the regular posters on here. I've spent the last day and a half reading updates on the last four months of your lives. I've been lurking around (and occasionally posting) over on the main board for a few years and have just now ventured over to the off topic board. I must say that the "DBR Community" is a much tighter knit group over here.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I've been lurking around (and occasionally posting) over on the main board for a few years and have just now ventured over to the off topic board. I must say that the "DBR Community" is a much tighter knit group over here.
    That's because we don't spend time arguing over whether John Rieks is coming to Duke or whose fault it is that the economy is going into the pooper. All the boards have their unique charm (I certainly would never have learned even as much as I know about economics were it not for the pubpol board), but I must say the OTB is my favorite, so welcome!

I'm doing well, just not posting much. Honestly, being gone all weekend put me off of my routine and I have been struggling to stay caught up ever since.