Page 845 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584384484584684785589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 16,881 to 16,900 of 67390
    I miss the days when ESPN.com would post the top 4-5 headlines, then go into short snippets of stories. I don't want to have to scroll through the equivalent of a Twitter or Instagram feed to find the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    I miss the days when ESPN.com would post the top 4-5 headlines, then go into short snippets of stories. I don't want to have to scroll through the equivalent of a Twitter or Instagram feed to find the headlines.
    You are not alone in that.

Yes, I'm not sure why the universe is determined to take things that I like and turn them into other things that I like. For instance: Windows 8. If I wanted to use a tablet, I'd just use my tablet. If I wanted to spend 20 minutes trying to find my settings, I wouldn't use Windows. Ugh. ESPN wants to be a Twitter feed instead of being ESPN.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Also, my puppy is eating a Kong filled with peanut butter. First Kong for the new pup. She's pretty blissed out.

ESPN and MSNBC are two sites that have gone from very useful to practically unusable for me. One would think that ease of desired content access would be a positive goal of a web designer but apparently I am incorrect.

But at least I have immediate access to articles about the upcoming hockey games and the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I should not watch games alone. I keep my language cleaner when others are around. And now I want every other team to lose.
    Come on over here and sit next to me, missy! Not very proud of it, sure, but I've been known to say somewhat unladylike things. Why, I do declare, on Monday night, I was willing to punch Bryan Kersey in the throat.

And tonight's menu will be stir-fried sirloin and rice with mushrooms. Tomorrow night it's chicken gumbo and Friday, osso bucco.

Sweat pants ready for the snow-filled weekend ahead!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Come on over here and sit next to me, missy! Not very proud of it, sure, but I've been known to say somewhat unladylike things. Why, I do declare, on Monday night, I was willing to punch Bryan Kersey in the throat.

And tonight's menu will be stir-fried sirloin and rice with mushrooms. Tomorrow night it's chicken gumbo and Friday, osso bucco.

Lotsa snow around here this weekend! The kids are looking forward to it. (Okay, me,too - I love me some serious weather, at least until the power fails or the roof collapses...) Snowmageddon 2!

-jk

Yesterday - freezing rain turned to snow - not much accumlation but crappy roads
    Tonight - snow then freezing rain predicted - just moved the time up from midnight to 7-9pm. Crappy roads predicted.

I would love several inches of snow but not so much the freezing rain.

So I should load up a few whites and reds from the wine cellar and head east?

Don't let Jonas stop you. Put chains on the tires and keep that wine safe.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

So I should load up a few whites and reds from the wine cellar and head east?
    No better to the east, but we can find good use for that wine...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No better to the east, but we can find good use for that wine...
    And if I put enough in the car, it should improve the traction, correct?

And if I put enough in the car, it should improve the traction, correct?
    I like your physics.

Meatloaf meal starts in fifteen minutes.

I like your physics.

Meatloaf?

Bring me some leftovers tomorrow at work. You know where to find me

MattyManster how can you wash the meatloaf down with the Zima at work?

I guess there are times and places....

MattyManster how can you wash the meatloaf down with the Zima at work?

I guess there are times and places...
    Rules are different on Snow Days...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Rules are different on Snow Days...

-jk
    Depends on atmospheric conditions:

fb21e5985be86f49d24bc6b13e4c0746_320x320.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Meatloaf?

Bring me some leftovers tomorrow at work. You know where to find me
    Meatloaf? I'm in.

That could be a great new startup. Meatloaf delivery. I'll write an app for you.

If you have that recipe already typed up, I'd take a copy in a PM. Promise I won't sell it online, unless I need to fund the app development process. You know, caffeine, beer, and some sort of salty, crunchy snacks. It's what fuels programmers.

Unexpected snow on the ground, anticipated chili in the pot. iPod on shuffle.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Not to veer off topic, but -- who the heck ever clamored for a Zoolander sequel?

Ben Stiller's accountant?

Yes, it's too much to ask that it be good.