Page 78 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980881281785781078 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 67684
    Kansas Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Kansas Jayhawks
    That's who I have. I have them beating UNC and UCLA on the way. 3 1 seeds? Yeah, I'm an idiot.

My dad has UNC beating Duke in the NC game. I think my head would explode.

I keep ending up with Georgetown.

Hoya Saxa? :-/

longest

wouldn't it be ironic if the mods noticed the recent discussions here and moved this to the EK board after all of our random topics have been discussed ?

I hate it when threads get merged/moved, and everything you slogged through the first time now gets marked as unread again.

If someone had to slog through this whole thread from the beginning, that would be so cruel. :P

^ That's why I waited three years before jumping in. I'm cautious, and wanted to make sure this would stick before commiting.

OldPhiKap, any relation to the stars of some Comcast commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    OldPhiKap, any relation to the stars of some Comcast commercials?
    Fear the Slowski!!!!

(LOL @ YBT)

At the end of day 1, I'm in 1st place in both of my pools, predicting 15/16 in each. I'm tied with 3 others for the lead in my office pool and leading outright in my fun pool.

This is my only chance to brag -- it's probably heading straight down from here.

Talking The Billybreen NCAA Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    At the end of day 1, I'm in 1st place in both of my pools, predicting 15/16 in each. I'm tied with 3 others for the lead in my office pool and leading outright in my fun pool.

This is my only chance to brag -- it's probably heading straight down from here.
    If that's the case, I hope you picked the Tar Heels for Friday.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

13 of 16 in three and 12 of 16 in the fourth and its probably going down hill from there.

Haha, OPK, not nearly as cantankerous...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We are getting a bit 'on topic-y' around here but I can say this now, I was scared of Belmont. I groaned when I saw they were are first round match-up. I knew they were a well-coached team of upperclassmen and I wanted no part of them, so whew. I didn't pick them though but I might have if they had been playing a different 2 seed.

I haven't checked the many pools I entered yet. I know I pretty much picked Arizona across the board so I got that one wrong. In one pool I picked Kentucky. I wasn't trying very hard this year.

longest

Missing: 2 posts from last PM-reward for thier retrieval

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Missing: 2 posts from last PM-reward for thier retrieval
    devildeac, have you been a bad boy?

Ok, I'm at 25/32 in my work pool and a fatty 27/32 in my fun pool. I'm tied for the lead at work and have a strong outright lead in the fun one.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop . . .

Red face This is why I don't do pools anymore

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Ok, I'm at 25/32 in my work pool and a fatty 27/32 in my fun pool. I'm tied for the lead at work and have a strong outright lead in the fun one.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop . . .
    Still waiting for the Holes to lose and ruin your brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    wouldn't it be ironic if the mods noticed the recent discussions here and moved this to the EK board after all of our random topics have been discussed ?
    Isn't it ironic that you are missing 2 posts from 2 nights ago ... or is it coincidence ... given this post?

Remember, don't start off a post with the "Isn't it ironic" phrase. IIRC, this is a pet peeve with BostonDevil (or is it DA?). Then the thread eventually descends into a discussion with an obligatory Alanis Morisette reference.

It's like posting on the DBR,
    It's like picking the Holes to go far...

Here we go, here we go again. [Cheap attempt to employ/modify an "OK Go" reference.] Good luck finding your posts.

What's the status with the floods in the Midwest? Is Seattle still in trouble with rain/flooding? We're still in a drought, but we may be lucky with the rain this year.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

The other shoe fell on me in one pool, 19 of 32 with Vandy going too far. In that pool, there is a prize for last place. I am in the lead at the moment. 24, 23, and 22 in my other pools. Yes, a waste of time and money, I should just stick to watching the games.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Isn't it ironic that you are missing 2 posts from 2 nights ago ... or is it coincidence ... given this post?

Remember, don't start off a post with the "Isn't it ironic" phrase. IIRC, this is a pet peeve with BostonDevil (or is it DA?).
    Me.

But I don't mind if what follows actually is ironic.

I should just stick to watching the games
    I've been thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Me.

But I don't mind if what follows actually is ironic.

I've been thinking the same thing.
    You can at least claim success in the past. My NCAA Tournament brackets have sucked from day 1.