Page 77 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879871271775771077 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 67660
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am in charge of the brackets at my work. I still use paper. There are usually only about 20 entries so I can manage it. I suppose next year I should try to do it online. I'll miss the paper though.

I also don't enter my own pool because I think it feels funny from an ethics standpoint. Is that weird? My sons enter so I do put money in to the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am in charge of the brackets at my work. I still use paper. There are usually only about 20 entries so I can manage it. I suppose next year I should try to do it online. I'll miss the paper though.

I also don't enter my own pool because I think it feels funny from an ethics standpoint. Is that weird? My sons enter so I do put money in to the pool.
    Paper? Luddite.

I run my office pool, and I enter. The web app we use for scheduling doesn't let anyone (even the manager) see the brackets until the pool is closed, so I have no information advantage over the rest of the group.

I don't know if it is weird but maybe overly cautious. I always did mine before accepting any entries and gave a copy of my picks to the first person who entered. I haven't run a pool in years, but the web apps make it so much easier...

McGreevey vs Spitzer. Thoughts?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdevil View Post
    Ginger vs. Maryanne

or maybe it should be Latta vs. Maryanne?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdevil View Post

Mrs. McGreevy, the Librarian?

My 2nd-most favorite BC cartoon

I miss Bloom County...

This one is in my office:

Yeah, I'm still missing a couple of the books from my collection...

I forgot to post my frustration of the week. My older three sons all went to the same preschool. The youngest was actually just old enough to start this year but as you know, he was kind of busy doing other things this year. (He turned 3 in October.) So, I applied for him to go to this same preschool for next fall. They didn't accept him. I'd been told in the past that they had a policy of accepting siblings and there were three who went before him, three! Because of many things, the legacy angle, the fact that he was off getting chemo once a week, and because we had been advised to limit his exposure to large groups of sneezing, coughing three year olds, I didn't apply anywhere else. (He did catch a cold at his one interview, yes, you have to interview to get into preschools around here. He was sick enough that his chemo was delayed the next week.) All of that, and they didn't take him. Plus I have missed the application deadlines at all the other preschools around here. Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed.

One of my other son's picture was even used on the promotional material, website, and postcard for this school for two years. They used my kid to sell their school! Yes, we're on the waitlist, but they pick children off the waitlist 'randomly'. We weren't even given the courtesy of a top of the waitlist position. The more I think about it, the miffedier I get.

Rescuing this from the second page...sorry about the school thing. I was a child of public education until undergrad and grad. I just went wherever the government told me to go.

My other kids are in public schools, we're just talking preschool here. I don't think there are any public preschools.

Sorry I nearly killed the thread with talk of preschool!

Hmmmm, how many different NCAA pools do people around here enter? I run the one at my office but I enter 3 other pools, 2 for money.

Hmmmm, how many different NCAA pools do people around here enter? I run the one at my office but I enter 3 other pools, 2 for money.
    I run the cash money one at my office and am always in another for fun. I've never come close to winning either.

The Duke - Seton Hall - Michigan - Arizona(?) year, 1989, I won two pools and helped a friend who 'knows nothing about college basketball' win a third. I didn't have Seton Hall in the Final Four but I had the other three correct. Although was Arizona the 4th guest at that party? Whoever it was, I had it right and I had a Duke-Michigan final. I picked Duke though but it didn't matter because the rest of the correct stuff had this entry too far in the lead. I also won one in 1991 because I had Duke winning. And I won in 1996 because I was trying to be realistic and not pick Duke. I had the Kentucky pick correct but I also had Syracuse in the finals. Bob Ryan even did a column about the one person in the Globe staff's pool that got that game right wondering how she managed to get that pick correct. I wanted to fax him my entry, but I didn't.

Since then, nada. Hmmm, I wonder if a Duke pick would get me far this year?

Every year I hold my bracket in my hands (I print one up, satisfying to correct picks and cross out wrongs) and feel like I'm holding the holy grail of NCAA tourney picks. And every year it ends up GARBAGE. Yeesh.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

I've entered 4 brackets this year, only two for money. I hadn't thought about preschool not being public...I don't remember much about it except what my parents tell me. Apparently, I was into much older woment at the time as I had some sort of crush on the 62 year old teacher.

I've been waffling on my national champion pick -- I've changed it 5 or 6 times. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not picking Duke this year. I'm a bad person.

If you had to pick any team but Duke to win it all, who would it be? Not who you want to win, but who you think will win.

Depending upon which Dorsey shows up, Memphis...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Depending upon which Dorsey shows up, Memphis...
    I just don't trust them in a close game. I have them losing to Pitt.

Today is the 3 month anniversary of this thread.

I'll go with UCLA. They've been there before, recently, and sometimes the third time's a charm.

I don't think it will be the Evil Empire and that's not just wishful thinking. They've gotten too lucky in the close games this year, in the tournament one of those teams will able to finish.