Page 752 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 25265270274275075175275375476280285212521752 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 67373
    Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant–baptism and holy comm–must be denied citizenship."

"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

Interesting fellow you follow.
    I don't "follow" him in the sense that we are theologically or ideologically aligned. Far from it actually. I found his statement provocative and thought it worth "sharing"...without comment yay or nay so as to not violate posting guidelines. I lifted the quotation from this article in case you're interested.

http://www.thechristianleftblog.org/...n-fascism.html again offered here without comment.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 05-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    My plumber/handyman did it. He and his crew tore out the section of concrete two weeks ago that had buckled due to a big tree root, prepared the site, and then smoothed the concrete once it was poured by the concrete company (ReadyMix, here in Smithfield). We waited about a week for a rain-free day in the forecast - you need 5 or 6 hours without rain once it's poured, or it's ruined and you get to buy it again, including paying to tear it out. Then he fixed a plumbing problem in my guest bathroom shower this afternoon. Seriously! He's has also (in the past) laid tile in my guest half bathroom. He hopes to rebuild my deck later this summer. I'll ask him if he'd like some work in Durham if you'd like me to. PM me with your contact information and I'll pass it along.
    Thanks Oz, I've PMed you. Man sounds like an answer to my dreams, I'm loaded down with similar projects which I muddle through with time devouring inefficiency. My neighbor has a bad back and his wife has pinkeye, maybe he can help out there as well.

Stupid pertussis epidemic - awaiting results of a test that takes 3-5 days to confirm what we suspect, that we and our 1-yo have whooping cough, despite all of us being up to date on vaccinations. Bleah.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Stupid pertussis epidemic - awaiting results of a test that takes 3-5 days to confirm what we suspect, that we and our 1-yo have whooping cough, despite all of us being up to date on vaccinations. Bleah.
    Bummer! I'm sending you some virtual chicken soup. I hope you can all get rid of this quickly.

I've got an envelope of the best mashed potatoes you've ever had, coming your way. For us Irish, it cures everything.

{good vibes, too}

I want some minestrone soup at the moment, but sadly, I don't have any. Can someone please send me an envelope of some, or better yet, provide me with a proven recipe? TIA.

I make a pretty good minestrone but I leave out the (yuck) peas.
    I hate peas. And, I hate my mother-in-law. No matter what the occasion, she manages to irritate the living daylights out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I hate peas. And, I hate my mother-in-law. No matter what the occasion, she manages to irritate the living daylights out of me.
    I hate peas, too, so I'd probably leave them out as well.

I don't have a mother-in-law, so can't comment on that.

I'll offer a solution to the MiL issue - any time she is scheduled to visit, you can manufacture an emergency in Kansas - your crazy, imaginary friend needs some help. Then come on out - we can have a few drinks, a few laughs, I can show you the world's largest ball of twine and the Garden of Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I can show you the world's largest ball of twine
    SOLD! Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I'll be looking into flights!

SOLD! Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I'll be looking into flights!
    Just saw the three largest balls of dental floss (Binford, North Dakota). Not nearly as exciting as I've always imagined.

Not even the mint-flavored one, although it makes for a great salt-like-lick.

So were the other two cinnamon and plain? Were they all the same exact size or were they the smallest, medium-est and large largest dental floss balls?
    Were they waxed or plain, tape or really floss. I wish you had included a few pics...maybe you're just trying to keep us all away so you can enjoy the site in uncrowded peace????

So were the other two cinnamon and plain? Were they all the same exact size or were they the smallest, medium-est and large largest dental floss balls?
    Were they waxed or plain, tape or really floss. I wish you had included a few pics...maybe you're just trying to keep us all away so you can enjoy the site in uncrowded peace????
    Actually, I'm an anti-dentite. I was looking for the National Tartar Museum (Alchester, SD) and the Garmin got me lost.

If someone knows where the Toughy Tooth shrine is, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Actually, I'm an anti-dentite. I was looking for the National Tartar Museum (Alchester, SD) and the Garmin got me lost.

If someone knows where the Toughy Tooth shrine is, please let me know.
    It's not Toughy Tooth, but my sister can still recite the 4 out of 5 dentists information for Crest Toothpaste. She memorized it as a kid and still knows it.

It's not Toughy Tooth, but my sister can still recite the 4 out of 5 dentists information for Crest Toothpaste. She memorized it as a kid and still knows it.
    I bet that fifth dentist got sued for malpractice. "Go ahead, kid -- gum with sugar is better than that sugar-free crap. Oh, and Pixie Stix are a great dinner substitute for dinner, as long as you wash it down with a cola and a Moon Pie."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I bet that fifth dentist got sued for malpractice. "Go ahead, kid -- gum with sugar is better than that sugar-free crap. Oh, and Pixie Stix are a great dinner substitute for dinner, as long as you wash it down with a cola and a Moon Pie."
    Has to be an RC Cola.

Out of work? http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/0...s-to-linkedin/

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Bummer! I'm sending you some virtual chicken soup. I hope you can all get rid of this quickly.
    I see through FB that it isn't pertussis. Does that mean the virtual chicken soup worked?

I hope the cold goes away fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

As a kid, I always thought my country cousins were saying "R O C co-cola"

Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    As a kid, I always thought my country cousins were saying "R O C co-cola"
    Only if you get a Moon Pie with it.

Just testing. I got a new phone so I'm seeing if I can post.