Page 73 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475831231735731073 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Unfortunately, those are not real beers . Please refer to the nearly 500 post beer thread for some delicious suggestions. A strategic way to approach that may be to read several posts/day and then visit your local supermarket(yes,even they have some good beers) or specialty beer/wine store, make a selection or three and enjoy .
    Actually, I'm not much of a beer drinker. Never tasted one I liked (dodging bolt of lightning). I will admit, though, that the wine thread inspired me to get a bottle of Pinot Noir - I'm trying to develop a taste for red wine. I haven't opened it yet, though; I'm afraid it will take too long to finish off. How long is a bottle of wine good after it's been opened?

Smile More pop-up fun

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    ... now all I see are the Duke ebay ads.

Just for jollies, let's see what I can do: Sweetwater, Schlafly, Stella Artois, Sweetwater, Leinenkugel, New Belgium, Samuel Adams

Actually, Lavabe, repeated use of "dadgummit" may make new ads appear for They Who Must Not Be Named.
    I am Gumby, Dadgummit! Beats getting ads for the movie about the deity.

Fortunately, the belly fat google pop up is next to a much larger iRobot pool cleaning robot ad from the Mythbusters site.

Mendocino, Sierra Nevada, Terrapin...

Cheers,
    Lavabe

frakkin' hilarious

Now the Blue Devils have disappeared, and the ad is for Duke items on ebay. Not Duke Blue Devils, but Duke (Ellington, some motorcycle with Duke in the name, and a couple of other nonrelated items). Gotta fix that.

Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Bobby Hurley Grant Hill Christian Laettner Mike Krzyzewski Shane Battier Carlos Boozer Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Actually, I'm not much of a beer drinker. Never tasted one I liked (dodging bolt of lightning). I will admit, though, that the wine thread inspired me to get a bottle of Pinot Noir - I'm trying to develop a taste for red wine. I haven't opened it yet, though; I'm afraid it will take too long to finish off. How long is a bottle of wine good after it's been opened?
    Invest in a VacuVin vacuum sealer for wine bottles - not terribly expensive. At a glass a night, I finish the bottle before it goes bad using this. (Ok, sometimes 2 glasses a night. )

FWIW, 44 hours since I last posted. Just trying to break the drought.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Where have you been? Or, perhaps, what have you been doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where have you been? Or, perhaps, what have you been doing?
    I'm guessing he's had a cat or two in his lap and couldn't/wouldn't move.

This is my 500th post

and I think it belongs here. Do I become something new?

Yes! I'm a starter!

Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Invest in a VacuVin vacuum sealer for wine bottles - not terribly expensive. At a glass a night, I finish the bottle before it goes bad using this. (Ok, sometimes 2 glasses a night. )
    I'll have to go shopping.

As an aside, I have an ad for Crate and Barrel now, for appetizer plates. Did the wine mention trigger that? And, along with the Duke basketball championship memorabilia on the ebay ad, there's Dukes of Hazzard stuff!

Again, just to skew the ads:

Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils

I've got Crate and Barrel at the top and Beerman ringtones on the right. It's fun to watch the ads change.

FYI - Vacuum sealing the wine also allows open bottles to be stored on their sides. I hate cleaning white wine that has leaked out from around the replaced cork in the refrigerator. This solves that problem.

Must stop reading the icky power bill thread! I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Jumping? AAAHHHH!!!!

OK, please let's not start up the discussion here about you know whats.

Go to my happy place.

Big mistake, told the kids I'd take them to see Semi-Pro before I found out it was rated R. No love for mom today but tough, they are too young for an R rated film.

Must stop reading the icky power bill thread! I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Jumping? AAAHHHH!!!!

OK, please let's not start up the discussion here about you know whats.

Go to my happy place.

Big mistake, told the kids I'd take them to see Semi-Pro before I found out it was rated R. No love for mom today but tough, they are too young for an R rated film.
    Can you convince them with the abysmal RottenTomatoes score? I think it's at 20% or so.

More posting drought! 1 sick cat to deal with and a self imposed ban. No obvious withdrawl symptoms yet...

More posting drought! 1 sick cat to deal with and a self imposed ban. No obvious withdrawl symptoms yet...
    What's wrong with your cat?

If it makes you feel any better, from one mom to another, good for you! I dread the days of my kids wanting to see movies that they can't. I'm already trying and failing to manage my frustration when my child won't eat his peas!

I don't think anything in particular, she threw up everything she ate last night. But I think she was just eating too fast, it has happened before. She had surgery last week(spay), but she is finally back to her normal behaviour and activity so I think she might have been extra hungry. She prefers the wet food and she tends to eat it quickly so her brother doesn't get all of it.

This thread's been idle for too long

Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils

I'm tired of the current non-Duke related Google ads on this page. At least, on my view of this page. Nothin' but C&B (trying to not make it appear by power of suggestion).

Time for good karma on my behalf. I have a job interview at Wash U next week. My current situation is bad enough to actually make me consider moving away from here, and that's pretty bad. My options could be: stay in current job doing technician level work (I have a Ph.D. and am supervised by a B.S. level chemist on a power trip) or work at a cutting-edge research facility that would pay me about $20K more than I'm making right now. Hopefully the interview will go well enough that I have these options!

Hope the interview goes well, AD.

Hope the interview goes well, AD.
    Thanks! My inside sources tell me that I'm by far the top candidate for the job, so I just have to make sure I go in well-prepared and do my best.

I don't think anything in particular, she threw up everything she ate last night. But I think she was just eating too fast, it has happened before. She had surgery last week(spay), but she is finally back to her normal behaviour and activity so I think she might have been extra hungry. She prefers the wet food and she tends to eat it quickly so her brother doesn't get all of it.
    One of my cats tends to throw up a lot too. I put laxative ointment - you can find this stuff at any pet store or in any pet section of a box store - on this paws and/or shoulder and that seems to help. The laxative is also used to help with furballs, which as the warmer weather season starts arriving you will have to deal with.

If you have any cat issues/questions feel free to ask. I have 16 years of experience. And, now that I have three I'm learning more and more.