Page 712 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 21261266270271071171271371472276281212121712 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 67372
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    When on a conference call, please use your MUTE button as a courtesy to others on the call.
    I can't tell which is worse, the click of keys from the person typing away, oblivious that their speakerphone is right next to the keyboard, or the heavy breathing of someone who's holding the phone on their shoulder.

Obviously, the sound of someone peeing and/or flushing in the background is the clear winner of the "you really should have muted" contest.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I can't tell which is worse, the click of keys from the person typing away, oblivious that their speakerphone is right next to the keyboard, or the heavy breathing of someone who's holding the phone on their shoulder.

Obviously, the sound of someone peeing and/or flushing in the background is the clear winner of the "you really should have muted" contest.
    Skype users on laptops with poorly designed echo canceling have quickly shot to the top of my list. There is nothing more frustrating than hearing every single persons words echoed back through the call. One of our programmers consistently forgets that his laptop fits into this category and we have to remind him EVERY FREAKING DAY to mute his microphone when he's not talking.

Note: If new technology functions more poorly than existing technology, and you insist on using it, you are the worst kind of douche bag.

Sue's Tip of the Day 6/9/10

When using a walkie talkie (specifically in a work setting with numerous users on one channel), please take care not to walk over other people, ie don't talk over other users and conversations. Please wait until the current communication has completed until jumping in.

I suppose the same can be said for conference calls.

Matt's Tip of the Day

Don't act a fool on graduation day...you may not get your diploma.

:9f: :9f: :9f:

Well, that didn't quite work, did it.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sue's Tip of the Day 6/10/10

Return phone calls/messages in a reasonable amount of time.

Ok, that's not really a tip... more like courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Worked for me.

tip of the day

when walking across the stage on graduation, make sure to take your diploma. i almost forgot last night lol

Sue's Tip of the Day 6/10/10

When making chicken soup, it might be better to use black pepper to season it while cooking, instead of white pepper. That way you won't unknowingly overseason.*

*True story... my mom did this and the soup was nearly inedible because it had so much pepper in it. (Miles, now you can see where I get my cooking prowess from.)

*True story... my mom did this and the soup was nearly inedible because it had so much pepper in it. (Miles, now you can see where I get my cooking prowess from.)
    Did she burn down her kitchen too?

9F 9F 9F

I'm going with "Not Funny" for $200.

However, when I was a kid, my dad did start a grease fire cooking bacon once.

I tried that already while I "previewed the post" so decided not to submit it as I realized it would just be crazietalk...

Did she burn down her kitchen too?
    I'm going with "Not Funny" for $200.

However, when I was a kid, my dad did start a grease fire cooking bacon once.
    You know I love you, Sue. I just couldn't resist

9F 9F 9F

Bragging time. Mrs. Jarhead and I spent this week in the Washington area, and we had a great time, especially on Thursday when we got a tour of the White House and had lunch in the West Wing. Honest to God truth. The Navy Mess in the West Wing has got to be the finest dining experience in all of the Nation's Capital. Thirteen oak tables with high class linen and silver, fresh flowers, and service of the highest order. The food? To die for. We also got to keep the menus and some specially packaged Presidential M&Ms and Whitman's Chocolates. The secret? You just have to know somebody. In our case, an Air Force family who were our neighbors while he was deployed, three times, to the Middle East. The Mrs. and I were surrogate grandparents for the kids. Now he is stationed at the White House. I lived in the Washington area for many years, and never even got on the grounds. What a week this has been!

Oh, I forgot to mention this. That new highway, the Shirley Freeway -- they started it in the mid fifties. Well they are still working on it, and it isn't getting any better. The mixing bowl at Springfield will soon be five levels of ramps and loops, and it will even be easier to get lost within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Bragging time. Mrs. Jarhead and I spent this week in the Washington area, and we had a great time, especially on Thursday when we got a tour of the White House and had lunch in the West Wing. Honest to God truth. The Navy Mess in the West Wing has got to be the finest dining experience in all of the Nation's Capital. Thirteen oak tables with high class linen and silver, fresh flowers, and service of the highest order. The food? To die for. We also got to keep the menus and some specially packaged Presidential M&Ms and Whitman's Chocolates. The secret? You just have to know somebody. In our case, an Air Force family who were our neighbors while he was deployed, three times, to the Middle East. The Mrs. and I were surrogate grandparents for the kids. Now he is stationed at the White House. I lived in the Washington area for many years, and never even got on the grounds. What a week this has been!

Oh, I forgot to mention this. That new highway, the Shirley Freeway -- they started it in the mid fifties. Well they are still working on it, and it isn't getting any better. The mixing bowl at Springfield will soon be five levels of ramps and loops, and it will even be easier to get lost within it.
    Wow, Jarhead, it sounds like you had a great time!

tip of the day

Never start a game of beer pong after ten shots of vodka

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Never start a game of beer pong after ten shots of vodka
    Bwahahahaha!

9F 9F 9F

Sue's Tip of the Day 6/12/10

Adjust your heat/ac accordingly when you are going to be out of town, so that you can save on your gas/electric bill.

Adjust your heat/ac accordingly when you are going to be out of town, so that you can save on your gas/electric bill.
    now thats a good tip!

I turned 18 three days ago Yay for me.