Page 664 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 16456461465466266366466566667471476411641664 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,280 of 67650
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I only need 117 more posts to reach 2000 myself. (It took about 25 seconds to type that and hit submit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I love the books. Movies based on the books? Not so much.

The animated holiday special 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas' is not a movie.
    Amen.

I prefer the animated special to all other versions...

BD, did you see yourself as Jeff Mullins with post #1884? (P.S. Another milestone should be coming up with two more posts...)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I prefer the animated special to all other versions...
    I have never seen either version from beginning to end in one sitting.

I think I have seen enough of the animated version to qualify as having seen all of it. Not sure how much of the non-animated version I have seen.

Another day, another dollar... another post in the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Another day, another dollar... another post in the LTE.
    I'll second that comment. And this makes us just that much closer to 13,000.

And could someone tell me how the Royals managed to come from behind to beat the Red Sox? Way to go, KC.

Boo! Magic number still 7 although at last check the Yanks were losing so, yay!

The Phightin' Phils seem to have an insurmountable lead on the NL East - their magic number is 6 but the fans are nervous about the shaky bullpen and some minor injuries to a couple of the starting position players...

They are also grumbling about the likelihood of facing the Dodgers (best record in NL) in the first round. (Some people are never satisfied...)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll second that comment. And this makes us just that much closer to 13,000.

And could someone tell me how the Royals managed to come from behind to beat the Red Sox? Way to go, KC.
    Thank you KC!

The Yanks have lost two games with starting pitchers who pitched well, easing some of the question marks as the season winds down. A J Burnette lost on Friday when Mo gave up a 2 run home run in the 9th. Well, I guess Mariano is human after all And Pettitte pitched well last night after giving up 2 runs in the first but felt no pain or stiffness in his shoulder through 6 innings and 91 pitches, which is great news. Of course, our second line relievers, Bruney and Albaladejo, gave up additional runs which cost the game. Why not pitch the guys who have done so well since June - Aceves, Koch and Hughes? (I know Robertson is still out with his injuries).

The magic number for clinching the wild card slot is 1, so that is not realistically in doubt. But we sure want to finish first with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Thank you KC!

The Yanks have lost two games with starting pitchers who pitched well, easing some of the question marks as the season winds down. A J Burnette lost on Friday when Mo gave up a 2 run home run in the 9th. Well, I guess Mariano is human after all And Pettitte pitched well last night after giving up 2 runs in the first but felt no pain or stiffness in his shoulder through 6 innings and 91 pitches, which is great news. Of course, our second line relievers, Bruney and Albaladejo, gave up additional runs which cost the game. Why not pitch the guys who have done so well since June - Aceves, Koch and Hughes? (I know Robertson is still out with his injuries).

The magic number for clinching the wild card slot is 1, so that is not realistically in doubt. But we sure want to finish first with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
    Sorry, Ozzie, but if it helped the Yankees, I'm sorry KC won.

Sorry Oz, me too. With no vested interest in the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Anybody But Yankees. And then when the Yankees implode, it will be Anybody But Red Sox (sorry BD).

In the AL, I'll hop onto the small-market bandwagon with Jimmy Leyland and the Tiggers.

That's OK, Turk, unlike Duke, not everybody hates the Red Sox. In fact, I live in a city that is chock full of Red Sox fans. I can always go hang out with them. Did I mention I have tickets for Closing Day?

Ooo, Dick Groat!

Inching closer to 13,000.

Sox lost tonight, Yankees leading 5-2 after 5 innings. It's on MLB TV if you get it!
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 09-23-2009 at 12:02 AM.

9F 9F 9F

Yumm, I just had the most delicious cuban pork sandwich this evening. It had both roast pork shoulder, and ham. Ymm, pig is good. Garlic Aoli and crunchy bread surrounding pig is even better.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/paseo-seattle

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Inching closer to 13,000.

Sox lost tonight, Yankees leading 5-2 after 5 innings. It's on MLB TV if you get it!
    Yankees won 6-5, scoring the winning run in the top of the 9th. Hughes got the win and Mariano the save! Home runs by ARod, Posada and Matsui.

9F 9F 9F

Almost forgot to mention that the Yankees clinched a playoff birth last night. when Texas lost, that did it, but it sure is nice the Yanks won anyway. Their magic number against Boston (and LA for the best record in the AL) is 6.

9F 9F 9F

Time for bed!

9F 9F 9F

BD, DiK, I think one of you should go ahead and take #13,000 when we get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    BD, DiK, I think one of you should go ahead and take #13,000 when we get there...
    But where's Waldo, err, Ymo...