Page 663 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 16356361365366166266366466567371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 13,241 to 13,260 of 67684
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Hmm... Looks like they're trying for the demographic of "anyone who drives a car and has a job"
    I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the response I got from "her" company when one of their customers hit my car.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the response I got from "her" company when one of their customers hit my car.
    Your new Camry? Please say it ain't so!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    No, the beloved Altima that was hauled away on the spot over the cab of the flat bed truck. I never got insurance info from the alleged drunk that hit me but did get a call from his insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    No, the beloved Altima that was hauled away on the spot over the cab of the flat bed truck. I never got insurance info from the alleged drunk that hit me but did get a call from his insurance company.
    Whew!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Roger that, "whew" from me too.

P.S. Turns out they had Beamish Stout on tap - I think it's better than Guinness...

I hate work "reorganizations."

Especially when they cancel the project that I've been working on for the last 18 months.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Especially when they cancel the project that I've been working on for the last 18 months.

That is all.
    Bummer! Do you need some shin kicks directed toward someone? I'd be happy to oblige.

Bummer! Do you need some shin kicks directed toward someone? I'd be happy to oblige.
    Thanks, DinK, I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I understand all the reasons behind the decision; I just wish it had been made months ago. Frankly, I think it's a mistake, too, but this company is so darned risk averse any more, it hurts my head some days.

Thanks, DinK, I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I understand all the reasons behind the decision; I just wish it had been made months ago. Frankly, I think it's a mistake, too, but this company is so darned risk averse any more, it hurts my head some days.
    I stand ready to aim shin kicks when and where they are needed. I even have fresh Duke Blue toenails to add impetus to the kick.

I imagine the kicks may be needed in 6 months when they decide to restart the project. Not that a corporation would change its mind.

We've been hearing rumors of some sort of Six Sigma lurking in our corporate future. I did a bit of reading and it seems like another repackaging of the obvious to me, but I will try to keep an open mind...

Oh yeah, and we have our mandatory Compliance Training this month. I'm going to have to duct tape my eyeballs to my eyelids to keep them from rolling so sarcastically I get myself in trouble. Fight the power!!!

That is all.
    Sorry, DA. I remember you talking about how this project kept getting changed. How annoying for you that they cancelled the project after all that. Good, solid shin kicks headed their way. I'll find some pointy-toed shoes especially for the occasion. (need the Devil laugh emoticon here...)

Just like cowbell, you can always use more Star-bellied Sneetches!
    I <3 the Star-bellied Sneetches. My favorite Seuss book ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So, what were the best movies anybody saw this summer? I didn't see very many, The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and Up. Up was phenomenal but I really dug The Hangover too.
    I was disappointed with Half-Blood Prince, but that's been my experience with all the recent Potter flicks. The books are far better. That was my only movie this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Sorry, DA. I remember you talking about how this project kept getting changed. How annoying for you that they cancelled the project after all that. Good, solid shin kicks headed their way. I'll find some pointy-toed shoes especially for the occasion. (need the Devil laugh emoticon here...)
    I might still have a pair of steel-toed work boots in the back of the closet somewhere. Let's see if we can dig those out. Probably not as dainty and elegent as the pointy-toed stilettos, and not name-brand like Doc Martens or anything like that, but effective enough, and should add some variety to the shin-kick mix.
    Last edited by Turk; 09-19-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typos / spelling

I was disappointed with Half-Blood Prince, but that's been my experience with all the recent Potter flicks. The books are far better. That was my only movie this summer.
    That's about our pace too. We rented Juno from the library; Mrs. Turk saw it in the theater with her mama hen crowd and talked me into it. Good but not great. Up and Hangover are probably highest on the list. A few people told me Half-Blood was the worst of all the Potter movies; I don't think I talked to anyone who liked it.

Maybe when I retire in 25 years I'll look into this Netflix thing I've been hearing so much about...

I have the entire house to myself right now. That happens about once every three months or so...

Yet another example of our inability to appreciate what we have. Those who are lonely crave company, and those in a full house crave solitude... Whoa - better dial that back - way too philosophical (even in a hack fortune-cookie way) for LTE...

I <3 the Star-bellied Sneetches. My favorite Seuss book ever.
    I <3 Dr. Seuss books.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I love the books. Movies based on the books? Not so much.

The animated holiday special 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas' is not a movie.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Only 28 more posts to 13,000!