Page 66 of 2708 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768761161665661066 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 54155
  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Does Say Anything . . . count as a comedy? The Princess Bride is on my top 10 list period, not just comedies.

    (I'm somewhat ambidextrous and, true story, I will sometimes pick up a pen with my left hand when I'm holding something else in my right hand and try to write. I'll wonder why my handwriting sucks until I remember, 'I am not left-handed!')

    'You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.'


    'If you guys know so much about women, what are you doing at the Gas-N-Sip on a Saturday night with like, no women in sight, anywhere?'
    Pause. 'Choice!'

  2. #1302
    I would say it is a comedy...Lloyd Dobler holding the boom box playing Peter Gabriel is the most memorable scene for me.

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Does Say Anything . . . count as a comedy? The Princess Bride is on my top 10 list period, not just comedies.

    (I'm somewhat ambidextrous and, true story, I will sometimes pick up a pen with my left hand when I'm holding something else in my right hand and try to write. I'll wonder why my handwriting sucks until I remember, 'I am not left-handed!')

    'You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.'


    'If you guys know so much about women, what are you doing at the Gas-N-Sip on a Saturday night with like, no women in sight, anywhere?'
    Pause. 'Choice!'
    Yes, good call on Say Anything. Great dialogue, and it gave us a seminal moment in film history (you know the one). It would definitely be in my wife's list, and she would shame me for omitting it.

    As for ambidextrousness (it's a word now!), I'm not even close with a pen, but I'm almost 100% there with a mouse.

  4. #1304
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I would say it is a comedy...Lloyd Dobler holding the boom box playing Peter Gabriel is the most memorable scene for me.
    Yep, that's the one.

    "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

    "I gave her my heart, she game me a pen."

    "No. The world is full of guys. Be a man. Don't be a guy."

    Great movie.

  5. #1305
    Just got it off of Amazon for $4.99 in DVD format. Yes, I am also rounding out my now obsolete HD DVD collection.

  6. #1306
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Finally saw Michael Clayton tonight. Oh George.

    Guess who's also in that movie, Michael O'Keefe. Remember him?

  7. #1307
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    Review?

    So, what'd you think of the movie?

    I heart George Clooney, but a movie about lawyers having a crisis of conscience just didn't seem like something... enjoyable to watch. Is it more than this? (I hope?)

  8. #1308
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Very good movie. It's a well done thriller and I like thrillers. Excellent performances by pretty much everyone and a scene from out of nowhere really where George's character talks to his son about life issues that's just heartwrenchingly lovely. The scene doesn't move the story along but I'm glad they left it in, it was too wonderful to cut. Here, I'll justify it, we get insight in Michael Clayton's special abilities at recognizing people's inherent traits. There, it does add to the story after all.

    The last shot is a long close up of George's face as he rides in a taxi. It made me lead over to my girlfriend (it was a girls night out) and say, "He's just so effing sexy."

    OK, so no imdb cheating, where do we all know Michael O'Keefe from?

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Very good movie. It's a well done thriller and I like thrillers. Excellent performances by pretty much everyone and a scene from out of nowhere really where George's character talks to his son about life issues that's just heartwrenchingly lovely. The scene doesn't move the story along but I'm glad they left it in, it was too wonderful to cut. Here, I'll justify it, we get insight in Michael Clayton's special abilities at recognizing people's inherent traits. There, it does add to the story after all.

    The last shot is a long close up of George's face as he rides in a taxi. It made me lead over to my girlfriend (it was a girls night out) and say, "He's just so effing sexy."

    OK, so no imdb cheating, where do we all know Michael O'Keefe from?
    Funny thing is, during the 80s movies discussion yesterday I stumbled across that name during my IMDB research. That counts as cheating, though, so I'll let someone else figure it out.

  10. #1310
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL

    Jumpers

    Saw Jumpers this weekend with my son. Went into it with low expectations, was very pleasantly surprised. No Oscars here, but very entertaining with good special effects. And plenty of room for half a dozen sequels.

    Just don't question the science, take it on face value.

  11. #1311
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    FYI - I just shizzled my dizzlewick.

    -EarlJam

  12. #1312
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    FYI - I just shizzled my dizzlewick.

    -EarlJam
    Does this fall into the category of TMI?

  13. #1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Saw Jumpers this weekend with my son. Went into it with low expectations, was very pleasantly surprised. No Oscars here, but very entertaining with good special effects. And plenty of room for half a dozen sequels.

    Just don't question the science, take it on face value.
    I go into most movies with low expectations. Sometimes they are met...

  14. #1314
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    FYI - I just shizzled my dizzlewick.

    -EarlJam
    Dude, GREAT new Avatar. Love it. LOVE IT.

  15. #1315
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile And I just shizzled the Ymm threads... I think

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    FYI - I just shizzled my dizzlewick.

    -EarlJam
    Can you say that on the DBR?!

  16. #1316
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Nobody on Michael O'Keefe? OK, he plays Danny the caddy in Caddyshack and no, I didn't have to look that up.

  17. #1317
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nobody on Michael O'Keefe? OK, he plays Danny the caddy in Caddyshack and no, I didn't have to look that up.
    Yep, that's the one. I would never have guessed it if I hadn't stumbled across it on IMDB. Another fun fact: the dude who played Willow in Willow played the main Ewok in Return of the Jedi. It's true!

  18. #1318
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yep, that's the one. I would never have guessed it if I hadn't stumbled across it on IMDB. Another fun fact: the dude who played Willow in Willow played the main Ewok in Return of the Jedi. It's true!
    Also, one of the Jawas was played by the princess of Tunisia at the time.
    And the canyon where Threepio gets lost and Luke gets assailed by Tusken Raiders is the exact same one they march the Ark of the Covenant through at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

  19. #1319
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Also in Michael Clayton, the White Shadow himself, Ken Howard. Nice to see you, it's been awhile I think, although maybe you turned up on an episode of 'The Office'.

    This all reminds me of game I used to play (learned from the movie Apartment Zero) where you name three actors and the other person has to come up with what movie they made together.

    Here's one for starters, inspired by Colin Firth's appearance in Apartment Zero.

    Colin Firth, Tim Wilkinson, Geoffry Rush.


    Here's another

    John Cusack, Richard Dreyfuss, Keifer Sutherland


    One more

    Julia Roberts, Lili Taylor, Matt Damon


    Somebody stop me

    Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater

  20. #1320
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

    Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

    Sadly, I don't know the others but my kick myself when I find out.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •