Page 65 of 2311 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667751151655651065 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 46212
  1. #1281
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    86 brimming bottles of 'this sucks.' Make it stop!
    Who had the over on BD's 71? I was shooting for the under but the train appears to be falling off the tracks much sooner than I expected...

  2. #1282
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO

    the train cannot fall off the tracks

    Patrick Davidson would not let the train fall off the tracks. He would fly in, lift the train, and set it back on the tracks.

    86 bottles of Beck's on the wall, 86 bottles of Beck's
    If one of the bottles should happen to fall
    85 bottles of Beck's on the wall.

  3. #1283
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Finally, a thread bbreen can't PW

    In the immortal words of Admiral Stockdale:
    "Who am I? What am I doing here?"

    85 bottles of Harp on the wall, 85 bottles of Harp
    If one of the bottles should happen to fall
    84 bottles of Harp on the wall.

  4. #1284
    I am apart of the longest thread ever sweet!

  5. #1285
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Welcome Gator, you don't have to send dues to Throaty, but you should go make a donation to my Boston Marathon run. ;-) (See the marathon fund raising shameless begging thread)

    Knee report - leg weights, yoga, and running with knee braces on are all helping, tomorrow or Monday depending on hubby's schedule - 13 mile run.

    83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer,
    take one down pass it around (if it should fall)
    82 bottles of beer on the wall

    Since I made the prediction of 71, I really can't be the one to stop this nonsense.

    Speaking of Marathon donations - DBR rocks. I'm moving along slowly but surely but DBR represents! I love you guys, group hug.

  6. #1286
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Nobody has double posted for awhile. Whenever someone refers to me as BD, which is fine with me by the way, I think of Doonesbury. Anybody else? I need a football helmet.

  7. #1287
    Is there a way to rep on here?

  8. #1288
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nobody has double posted for awhile. Whenever someone refers to me as BD, which is fine with me by the way, I think of Doonesbury. Anybody else? I need a football helmet.
    That's funny. Ymo has been on a double-posting rant on multiple threads. I'm beginning to think Ymo is devildeac.

  9. #1289
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    That's funny. Ymo has been on a double-posting rant on multiple threads. I'm beginning to think Ymo is devildeac.
    nah, different zip codes(and administration frowns upon multiple user names, though that is not a bad idea...[only kidding, mods])

  10. #1290
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    nah, different zip codes(and administration frowns upon multiple user names, though that is not a bad idea...[only kidding, mods])

    Uhmmm, I'm the taller, good looking one of the two.

  11. #1291
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    longest

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Uhmmm, I'm the taller, good looking one of the two.
    that would make me the faster, more intelligent one then, right .

  12. #1292
    Mason Plumlee gets 11,000+ views on 95 posts. You would think people are more fascinated by who may be coming than anything else that gets posted at DBR.

  13. #1293
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mason Plumlee gets 11,000+ views on 95 posts. You would think people are more fascinated by who may be coming than anything else that gets posted at DBR.
    And you would be right.

  14. #1294
    Everyone's favorite comedy from the 80's?

  15. #1295
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Everyone's favorite comedy from the 80's?
    Coming to America, without a doubt.

    In no particular order, the other contenders: Ferris, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Beverly Hills Cop, Real Genius, Revenge of the Nerds, Trading Places, Fletch.

    Caddyshack belongs in there as well, since it's technically from 1980, but I tend to consider it a slightly different vintage from the others.

  16. #1296
    Real Genius has grown on me over time. I would add The Princess Bride to your list of contenders.

  17. #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Real Genius has grown on me over time. I would add The Princess Bride to your list of contenders.
    Ooh, that was a huge oversight. Apologies.

    Real Genius is one of my favorite movies, and my repeated childhood viewings were at least partially responsible for my desire to attend a quality university. That movie made me the nerd I am today.

  18. #1298
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Real Genius is one of my favorite movies, and my repeated childhood viewings were at least partially responsible for my desire to attend a quality university. That movie made me the nerd I am today.
    Did you ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?


    Actually, that movie scared me away from the "Techs" (Cal, Mass. Int., etc.) of the university realms.

    I love your list, and will also add "A Fish Called Wanda."

    The London Underground is not a political organization.

  19. #1299
    I have a good friend from undergrad named Ken. I used to always call him K-k-k-k-ken. Others hated it for some reason.

    Good addition to the list.

  20. #1300
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Did you ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
    Kent Torokvei: Uh, I'll catch up with you guys. I have to go to the bathroom.
    Chris Knight: Okay, Kent, but I don't think that's going to help your confidence any, do you?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •