Page 645 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 14554559563564364464564664765569574511451645 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,900 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by dukieinkansas View Post
    i may even bust out and replace my 6 year old cell phone. :d
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I must admit it is a bit of bother during hoop season, when the chances of more than one good game being aired at a time are quite good...

On the other hand, most of the time there's 257 channels and nothing on, so why bother?

Hmm...
    I believe that's supposed to be "57 channels and nothing on..."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I'll bet mine is almost that old, too...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll bet mine is almost that old, too...
    If I get one with bluetooth, I can use it through the stereo system in the new car. It may be entirely too techie for me.

yay i just posted #12597

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If I get one with bluetooth, I can use it through the stereo system in the new car. It may be entirely too techie for me.
    Own that nerdy side, DinK!

How's the new car working for you, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Own that nerdy side, DinK!

How's the new car working for you, anyways?
    I'm enjoying it. I have only reached for the clutch once and that was when I had an itch on my foot and I wanted to scratch against the clutch as I used to do. Instead of reaching for the clutch, I find myself reaching for the trunk release in the wrong place - it is about 6 inches closer to the front of the door and I can't seem to remember.

I still get a kick out of it telling me "Excellent!" when I have gotten better than the sticker MPG.

Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I believe that's supposed to be "57 channels and nothing on..."
    Yep, but that was so 20th century... Needed to adjust for inflation...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I thought you were an optimist!
    Oz, I'm only an apprentice. It's hard to be an optimist about television most of the time...

On the other hand, I could just rent DVDs... West Wing, Wire... Maybe even get Lost with BD... Howzat?
    Last edited by Turk; 07-10-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Trying to be optimistic!!

Why bother? To tape the live coverage of le Tour de France and not have to suffer through all the extraneous stories they air on the evening coverage.
    Meh. Hitting either Worldwide Leader or one of Jason's summaries at lunchtime is good enough for me right now. I would say biking, bowling, and fishing are the three top sports that are exponentially more fun to do in person than watch on TV. (if fishing qualifies as a sport in your book...)

Meh. Hitting either Worldwide Leader or one of Jason's summaries at lunchtime is good enough for me right now. I would say biking, bowling, and fishing are the three top sports that are exponentially more fun to do in person than watch on TV. (if fishing qualifies as a sport in your book...)
    But I'm an addict - I have been known to stay at the office to finish "watching" a time trial online - it was a verbal description in French (which I don't speak) but I didn't want to log off and go home because it would be over before I could log on at home. I have a problem.

I don't fish but am more than willing to sit beside a stream or on a boat quietly with an adult beverage while others fish.

I will add golf to your list. I'd much rather be playing than watching.

And yes, full contact fishing does wonders for both the mind and body. It's a lot of work when you consider: hitching the boat; rigging up the boat; loading the gear; snack prep; libation gathering; launching the boat; parking the towing vehicle; keeping your fishing partner still and quiet; popping off bottle caps; un-rigging fishing tackle; clean-up of trash in the boat; backing tow vehicle to proper spot in ramp area; loading the boat; getting home; parking the boat; unloading contents of the boat; un-hitching the trailer; parking tow vehicle; stowing fishing tackle. It could be worse, should one decide to keep fish for consumption.

My choice is no. There are an abundance of fine seafood restaurants in my home area. If I make myself a customer, I don't have to clean and gut my food before eating.
    I could if necessary however.

I don't fish but am more than willing to sit beside a stream or on a boat quietly with an adult beverage while others fish.
    Even though the best part is to just get out there with nature, it is a lot more fun to be reeling them in.

Since my cable box quit working last night, I'm going to see if I can swap it for a DVR on Saturday morning.

I'm getting quite technie these days - hybrid car, digital camera, possible DVR. I may even bust out and replace my 6 year old cell phone.
    I picked up the DVR this morning and am currently watching a program I recorded. I feel very hi-tech.

I picked up the DVR this morning and am currently watching a program I recorded. I feel very hi-tech.
    Congratulations! Welcome to the 21st century.

Just think how many programs you'll be able to record when your away at your beach week later this month!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    yay i just posted #12597
    A year and half into this thing and we still get the occasional new poster! Welcome dfb. Hope you stick around.

With two posts in about 5 minutes this is busy for this thread lately.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    With two posts in about 5 minutes this is busy for this thread lately.
    Yeah, that's just crazie talk...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The knitters are over 465,000 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The knitters are over 465,000 by the way.