Page 640 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14054059063063863964064164265069074011401640 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,800 of 67381
    Jason, why did you move these posts from one thread and start a brand new thread?!?!?!

Because we need another Lost thread...

No, not really I moved them because there are probably fans of HHGTTG who are not reading BostonDevil's Lost thread and who might want to participate in a separate conversation.

--Jason "sue me" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I only read the books. He doesn't in the books.
    Doesn't he use a Oiji board or something like that to form "What are six times seven"

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Doesn't he use a Oiji board or something like that to form "What are six times seven"
    As I recall, Deep Thought provides 42, "the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything." Arthur eventually discovers that the question, itself, is "What are six times eight," which leads him to conclude that there's something fundamentally messed up in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayHare View Post
    As I recall, Deep Thought provides 42, "the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything." Arthur eventually discovers that the question, itself, is "What are six times eight," which leads him to conclude that there's something fundamentally messed up in the universe.
    Actually, it is "what do you get if you multiply six by nine." Thanks wikipedia!

--Jason "the movie mostly sucked, which was a pity, because the books rocked!" Evans

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I might need to go back and read the books again. If it is a Ouija board though, no wonder I thought they never found out the question in the books. I would have discounted that as pseudo-science and moved on.

Should I keep reading this thread? Will there be 'Lost' spoilers? I'd probably better leave it alone after this post, just to be safe. It is very hard to not spoil yourself once you start paying attention to something.

I might need to go back and read the books again. If it is a Ouija board though, no wonder I thought they never found out the question in the books. I would have discounted that as pseudo-science and moved on.

Should I keep reading this thread? Will there be 'Lost' spoilers? I'd probably better leave it alone after this post, just to be safe. It is very hard to not spoil yourself once you start paying attention to something.
    I think it is highly unlikely that you will find any meaningful Lost spoilers in this thread. Aside from the number 42 being featured somewhat prominently on Lost and Sawyer's real name being Ford, things you have already noted, I don't think you will find more Hitchhiker connections to Lost.

But, if someone else sees additional connections, I would simply ask that they post them in spoiler text (meaning they are see-through unless you highlight the text).

So, you need not worry about reading this thread... wait for it...

DON'T PANIC!... and always bring a towel.

--Jason "I have a feeling this thread will talk mostly about HHGTTG and very little about Lost" Evans

Actually, it is "what do you get if you multiply six by nine." Thanks wikipedia!

--Jason "the movie mostly sucked, which was a pity, because the books rocked!" Evans
    For those with thirteen fingers it's true,
    Six times nine equals forty-two.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I read the wikipedia entry and I stand by my earlier assertion that the books never do provide the question.

I read the wikipedia entry and I stand by my earlier assertion that the books never do provide the question.
    I believe the question is: "What is the question." We all know the answer...

That's because the question and the answer cannot exist at the same time. We know the answer is 42, so we can never know the question. In some alternate universe, they know the question so they will never know the answer.

It really is simple when you think about it.

--Jason "how many roads must a man walk down?" Evans

It was not a Ouija board. It was a bag of Scrabble tiles that he pulled out one by one with his eyes closed while on prehistoric earth.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Don't forget to count the "you know's" too! Great way of breaking someone of the bad habit of inserting verbal pauses when they speak, ya know!
    My nieces add, "and everything" to the end of most of their statements. It, like, drives me crazy, and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    My nieces add, "and everything" to the end of most of their statements. It, like, drives me crazy, and everything.
    Oh, my God, like, totally, and everything, you know?

U.S.Open discussion

My favorite sportswriter, Tom Boswell, has a terrific article in this morning's Post on Jeff Brehaut, a journeyman golfer who tied for the lead at the U.S.Open when play was suspended.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061802026.html

gw67

Oops !

Sorry! I linked to article on Virginia baseball rather than Boswell's article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061803698.html

gw67

He's hanging in there so far. Makes a nice living even though not on the PGA TOUR.

Not to hijack, but is anyone watching? Why is Tiger struggling - not driving straight, hitting greens, putting? Just curious since I am stuck at work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    Not to hijack, but is anyone watching? Why is Tiger struggling - not driving straight, hitting greens, putting? Just curious since I am stuck at work.
    I'm not watching either, but here are Tiger's stats for round 1.

8/14 fairways hit
    10/18 greens hit
    1/4 on sand saves
    31 putts
    Last edited by DukeDude; 06-19-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clarification

Not a good start.

Around 9:45am this morning, I watched tiger birdie 14 to get to even and tied for third. I figured he would finish, at worst 1 or maybe 2 over on the round and be in nice position to be around the top of the leaderboard at the end of day two.

A few hours later... blech!

-Jason "Phil 2-under thru 11 and David Duval 1-under thru 13 are amazing stories tho!" Evans

Around 9:45am this morning, I watched tiger birdie 14 to get to even and tied for third. I figured he would finish, at worst 1 or maybe 2 over on the round and be in nice position to be around the top of the leaderboard at the end of day two.

A few hours later... blech!

-Jason "Phil 2-under thru 11 and David Duval 1-under thru 13 are amazing stories tho!" Evans
    As long as Tiger makes the cut, and I'm more than pretty sure he will, I still consider him the favorite to win.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com