Page 610 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 11051056060060860961061161262066071011101610 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,200 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I took a tour of the Lemur Center this past December. During the colder months a tent is put around the enclosures and heat lamps are turned on in each enclosure to keep the lemurs warm. The ring tail lemurs were huddled together on top of the box containing the heat lamp in their enclosure.

In addition to the tours around the enclosures, the Lemur Center offers tours in the "semi-free range" areas. Children have to be at least 11 to participate in those tours. This tour is a little pricey, $100/tour, but up to 4 people can participate on the tour. So, if a few other people want to set up one of those tours with Knights68 and me, let us know.
    I'm taking the $6 tour of the Lemur Center during my reunion weekend. It's the cheapest thing that Duke is offering that weekend--cheaper than my nametag.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I'm taking the $6 tour of the Lemur Center during my reunion weekend. It's the cheapest thing that Duke is offering that weekend--cheaper than my nametag.
    You have to pay for your name tag? Wow! Duke really is hurting for $$$.

You have to pay for your name tag? Wow! Duke really is hurting for $$$.
    I'm certain that it covers more than my nametag, but I had to pay a $25 registration fee (per person) in addition to the various fees for the Friday night party ($46 per person), the Saturday luncheon ($17 per person), the Saturday evening gala ($75 per person), and the champagne brunch in the gardens ($18 per person). The Lemur Center tour is only $6 per person.

But wait a second--I get to see Robert Redford for free! THAT, my friends, is priceless!

I took a tour of the Lemur Center this past December. During the colder months a tent is put around the enclosures and heat lamps are turned on in each enclosure to keep the lemurs warm. The ring tail lemurs were huddled together on top of the box containing the heat lamp in their enclosure.

In addition to the tours around the enclosures, the Lemur Center offers tours in the "semi-free range" areas. Children have to be at least 11 to participate in those tours. This tour is a little pricey, $100/tour, but up to 4 people can participate on the tour. So, if a few other people want to set up one of those tours with Knights68 and me, let us know.
    When are you thinking about going? I would LOVE to go. I'll be back in Charlotte end of May, ready to cruise up that way around first week of June. Lemme know, I'm all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    When are you thinking about going? I would LOVE to go. I'll be back in Charlotte end of May, ready to cruise up that way around first week of June. Lemme know, I'm all about it!
    Awesome! June sounds like a good time. Will chat with you about, offline, in May.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Spring game is free
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The Spring game is free
    True. But my nametag won't get me down on the field!

Well, thank you for being a gentleman. They are in mighty short supply around here.
    Hey now!! I resemble that remark!!

(P.S. DIK - 1992 posts = NCAA champs!! and I am the Landlord at 422...)

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Hey now!! I resemble that remark!!

Turk, are you going to the reunion in 2 weeks?

Are you going to raise our rent?

I really really really really really hope I can sleep tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I really really really really really hope I can sleep tonight.
    I hope you did sleep last night. Since there aren't 49 posts in a row from you - good job by the way - I assume you did.

Yes, I did. Thank you.

I think the, oh, grand total of 4 hours the night before plus forcing myself to stay up until 11:30 to ensure sheer exhaustion helped.

Edit: 1986 ACC Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes, I did. Thank you.

I think the, oh, grand total of 4 hours the night before plus forcing myself to stay up until 11:30 to ensure sheer exhaustion helped.

Edit: 1986 ACC Champs!
    Glad you got some rest.

And only 44 more posts to 12,000
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Turk, are you going to the reunion in 2 weeks?
    Nope, alas, the young Turks have some events that I could neither reschedule nor delegate. I will be with y'all in spirit, and I am definitely overdue for a Durham trip.

P.S. It is a bit disconcerting to hear of the nickel-and-diming re some of the events that you mentioned. "Reminder: 25th Reunion! Bring Checkbooks!!"

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Are you going to raise our rent?
    Even though I am no longer the Landlord, yes. OTB rent is doubled effective immediately; make checks payable to DBR...

Even though I am no longer the Landlord, yes. OTB rent is doubled effective immediately; make checks payable to DBR...
    That's steep! My current landlord only raised my rent 1.8%. Maybe I should buy?

Nope, alas, the young Turks have some events that I could neither reschedule nor delegate. I will be with y'all in spirit, and I am definitely overdue for a Durham trip.

P.S. It is a bit disconcerting to hear of the nickel-and-diming re some of the events that you mentioned. "Reminder: 25th Reunion! Bring Checkbooks!!"
    I was hoping to meet you in person finally. I'll take lots of pictures.

Maybe you can join us for a Brunchgate in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That's steep! My current landlord only raised my rent 1.8%. Maybe I should buy?
    Yes, I presume your landlord is charging you a number greater than zero... I like to think of myself as a much more benevolent sort, so doubling of OTB rent should pose "zero" financial hardship...

As for buying, it is your patriotic duty!! Your country needs you in its time of crisis...

I was hoping to meet you in person finally. I'll take lots of pictures.

Maybe you can join us for a Brunchgate in the fall.
    Yeah, I'm disappointed too... The Brunchgates sound like a lot of fun - let's see how the calendar behaves in the fall...

P.S. You are also "The Chief" at 874. Since you are now in charge, I'll leave you to decide how much to increase OTB rent. YMO seemed pretty upset when I suggested doubling it...