Page 61 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 67384

Ooh

Does this mean I get the 1,200th (with a comma) reply?

Yeah, this work thing really is a drag on my DBR posting -- but the upside is, I actually LIKE my work these days.

Here's hoping EJ is in the same boat with his new gig! (And isn't just hiding from the OTB because BB's PWing scared him off. )

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Does this mean I get the 1,200th (with a comma) reply?

Yeah, this work thing really is a drag on my DBR posting -- but the upside is, I actually LIKE my work these days.

Here's hoping EJ is in the same boat with his new gig! (And isn't just hiding from the OTB because BB's PWing scared him off. )
    If you can't take the heat, switch jobs and claim work is keeping you away from the boards.

Work kept me away from the boards much later than normal last night. I was able fire a salvo or two in the PPB area before calling it a night.

Wink Pulling a Bobby Knight

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    If you can't take the heat, switch jobs and claim work is keeping you away from the boards.
    One could pull a retirement to spend more time PW'ing, then go back to work, once BB has been passed.

Unfortunately, given the demographics(BB's younger than me) and my current balance sheet, this isn't a viable option.

Exclamation I fear he has a sudden attack of carpal tunnel

Are you okay Billybreen?
    What's your pulse
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Are you okay Billybreen?
    What's your pulse
    Lavabe
    No, just working hard again. I'm hoping to get within 200 posts of JE this weekend, so brace yourself for imminent PWing.

Smile He's alive!

No, just working hard again. I'm hoping to get within 200 posts of JE this weekend, so brace yourself for imminent PWing.
    OMG, you're there. Sorry, but I thought you'd be at work for a while longer. I posted an odd question about snrubchat issues on the EK board. I'd have written you directly had I known you were around.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

This Stinks . . .

Political Campaign Strategies: Lee Myung-bak was elected president of South Korea in December, perhaps attributable in part to his organization's spraying a sharp fragrance they call "Great Korea" in the air at campaign events and then on election day at polling places, hoping for an olfactory influence on undecided voters.

Somehow I missed this in December. Olfactory influence? Wonder what they were spraying.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I just finished my play Almost Made in Heaven. The deadline for the festival isn't until Tuesday so I have time to edit. Anybody want to read it? PM me and I'll send it to you.

Is this thing On?

Just wanted to get the UK Avatar up in this Thread.

Woo Hoo!! Peppermint Flavored Poptarts!!

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post

Wow, that's a great avatar!

For me to poop on.

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post

Dude, Pop Tarts are SOOO seven weeks ago.

Wow, that's a great avatar!

For me to poop on.
    POTW

Oh yeah umm, welcome dynastydefender. Thanks for wanting to defend Duke's dynasty.

Hey, don't chase dynastydefender off! You can't spell DUKE without UK. I think the avatar is just the middle part of a Duke sweatshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey, don't chase dynastydefender off! You can't spell DUKE without UK. I think the avatar is just the middle part of a Duke sweatshirt.
    Just curious, what dynasty is he/she defending?

Bostondevil, how are your knees? I did a 5 mile tempo run this morning, I'm training for a half marathon. For the first time ever, I've mapped out a training program. It's fun.

I was thinking about your knees and remembered my injuries. I kept getting bothered by nagging injuries, including Achilles tendinitis, broken fifth metatarsal, stress fracture of the shin bone. Finally I thought, maybe that old goat Greybeard is on to something, and I studied the mechanics of my running. Turns out, I was an over-strider. My stride was too long. I've shortened up my stride and after getting used to it, it feels much better.

(No offense intended, Grey. I'm an old goat myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Bostondevil, how are your knees? I did a 5 mile tempo run this morning, I'm training for a half marathon. For the first time ever, I've mapped out a training program. It's fun.
    I will know better tomorrow, thanks for asking. I've been doing some quad weight training and stationary biking this week. I'm doing an easier run tomorrow to see how things are going. I've also been advised to run with a patella strap for a couple of weeks until I've had time to build up the quad strength. I'm shooting for 9 miles tomorrow with a 10th if things go well. I went to yoga today and asked what yoga positions are best for quads. My teacher (of 13 years!) said, 'Lisa, duh, the wave.' Duh, indeed. I should have remembered that one for myself.

Doing the wave every chance I get now. If you don't do yoga, it's not that wave.

I must be having knee sympathy pains, BD. Was speed-walking through my Costco last night (why is what I'm looking for always in the back corner?), and nearly pulled up lame as my right knee decided it didn't want to play nicely anymore. I'm hoping advil and some rest will help it calm back down to its usual near-gimpy self.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will know better tomorrow, thanks for asking. I've been doing some quad weight training and stationary biking this week. I'm doing an easier run tomorrow to see how things are going. I've also been advised to run with a patella strap for a couple of weeks until I've had time to build up the quad strength. I'm shooting for 9 miles tomorrow with a 10th if things go well. I went to yoga today and asked what yoga positions are best for quads. My teacher (of 13 years!) said, 'Lisa, duh, the wave.' Duh, indeed. I should have remembered that one for myself.

Doing the wave every chance I get now. If you don't do yoga, it's not that wave.
    Walking backwards uphill is another easy way to strengthen quads and knees. My driveway is downhill out, so coming back from my runs I walk backwards up the driveway each time.

I had brief knee pains yesterday also. But then, I have had a bad knee since about 20 years of age.