Page 579 of 2854 FirstFirst ... 7947952956957757857958058158962967910791579 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 57061
  1. #11561
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Emerald Isle, NC
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.

  2. #11562
    This is one advantage of living in Mass.

  3. #11563
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.
    Hahahahaha!

  4. #11564
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Hahahahaha!
    How many coronas tonight?

  5. #11565
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    How many coronas tonight?
    None. I'm back at my Mom's house. She tends to count empty bottles.

  6. #11566
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Hahahahaha!
    Some people don't have the sense God gave 'em.

  7. #11567
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    None. I'm back at my Mom's house. She tends to count empty bottles.
    Um, you is a growed up.

  8. #11568
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    As a coincidence, my Mom turns 88 today. The only gift she requests...


    BEAT THE HOLES!




    I can't buy her anything. She won't take it. No rational reasons. It's never that she doesn't like it. It's always --- "The wrong size...Wish I could use it...Not my color". What she really wishes is that I would not spend money on her. She won't even allow me to pick up even something as basic as a carton of milk for her, if I'm at the store already, without paying for it. I can't get her anything and it is a frustration. Oh well. Hopefully her large wish above comes to pass.
    Donate to my marathon run in her name? I'll admit it, I am shameless.

    Here's proof, http://www.firstgiving.com/lisaburdick.

  9. #11569
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    None. I'm back at my Mom's house. She tends to count empty bottles.
    Recycle.

    Quickly.

    and often...

  10. #11570
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My oldest son and I went to the Celtics game today. Last minute tickets were offered and since it was a 1pm game, I figured we'd get home about the time the Mo Valley Championship was over. Missed half of the first half but it was almost worth it. Celtics played the Magic and I got to see JJ!! I was rooting for the Celtics and JJ. Celtics have 2 injured starters and it showed. Offense was terrible, on both sides of the court. JJ played some, not much, hit a textbook three though and made quite a few nifty passes that would have been assists if the receivers knew how to shoot the ball.

    After the other game, sigh, I went out for a long run. It had gotten late and even with the recent clock switch I wasn't able to go quite as far as originially planned because of darkness. After 9 miles I really need to see where I'm stepping so I called it a night after 9 1/2 but I did run the route 10 minutes faster than the last time, so, that's the good news.

  11. #11571
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days. Talked about a few things w/ my mom. I think I'm coming close to making some decisions. There's option A, B, C, and so on... and it will just depend how things fall out.

  12. #11572
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.
    I gave up watching in public after last year's Atlanta DBR Mafia meeting that saw us lose to WVU. A while ago, my wife and I watched it with the StLouis Duke Club ... that resulted in failure too.

    Today, we didn't attend the Kentucky Duke alumni watch party. Still no luck.

    Perhaps we needed a regional brunchgate, complete with B-List food and drink.

  13. #11573
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I gave up watching in public after last year's Atlanta DBR Mafia meeting that saw us lose to WVU. A while ago, my wife and I watched it with the StLouis Duke Club ... that resulted in failure too.

    Today, we didn't attend the Kentucky Duke alumni watch party. Still no luck.

    Perhaps we needed a regional brunchgate, complete with B-List food and drink.
    Yes you weren't in chat today...

  14. #11574
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes you weren't in chat today...
    ILJ and I considered ourselves to be jinxes. Well, that too didn't work today. I guess we can go ahead and watch games again.

  15. #11575
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ILJ and I considered ourselves to be jinxes. Well, that too didn't work today. I guess we can go ahead and watch games again.
    The pepperoni didn't work today either.

  16. #11576
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days. Talked about a few things w/ my mom. I think I'm coming close to making some decisions. There's option A, B, C, and so on... and it will just depend how things fall out.
    Ok before anyone freaks out, this is a good thing.

  17. #11577
    Always good to have option, IMHO.

  18. #11578
    I missed a lot yesterday.

    Happy Belated Birthday Momma Mojo.

    DukePA, love that you canceled the tip.

    CathyCA, glad you made it home safely. Ever thought of having your own undisclosed recycling bin? Please give Momma CathyCA a big hug and wish her a happy birthday for me.

    ArkieDuke, I'm on my way for some serious shin kicking.

    DevilAlumna, Ozzie, and Ymo, did not get anything ya'll wrote about monitors.

    Bostondevil, way to go on a faster 9.5 mile run.

    Finally, a shameless plug for DaddyGalore, Happy Birthday. Lots of parental birthdays this week.

  19. #11579
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I missed a lot yesterday.

    Happy Belated Birthday Momma Mojo.

    DukePA, love that you canceled the tip.

    CathyCA, glad you made it home safely. Ever thought of having your own undisclosed recycling bin? Please give Momma CathyCA a big hug and wish her a happy birthday for me.

    ArkieDuke, I'm on my way for some serious shin kicking.

    DevilAlumna, Ozzie, and Ymo, did not get anything ya'll wrote about monitors.

    Bostondevil, way to go on a faster 9.5 mile run.

    Finally, a shameless plug for DaddyGalore, Happy Birthday. Lots of parental birthdays this week.
    Sue71, sorry forgot to mention you above, but now you get your own post.

    Good luck with the decision. If you need a sounding board, I'll be around tonight.

  20. #11580
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Sue71, sorry forgot to mention you above, but now you get your own post.

    Good luck with the decision. If you need a sounding board, I'll be around tonight.
    And what am I, chopped pastrami?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •