Page 578 of 2857 FirstFirst ... 7847852856857657757857958058862867810781578 ... LastLast
Results 11,541 to 11,560 of 57122
  1. #11541
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Solution:

    Gamble less

    Post more

    Haha, first weekend of the NCAA tournament...

  2. #11542
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    As a coincidence, my Mom turns 88 today. The only gift she requests...


    BEAT THE HOLES!




    I can't buy her anything. She won't take it. No rational reasons. It's never that she doesn't like it. It's always --- "The wrong size...Wish I could use it...Not my color". What she really wishes is that I would not spend money on her. She won't even allow me to pick up even something as basic as a carton of milk for her, if I'm at the store already, without paying for it. I can't get her anything and it is a frustration. Oh well. Hopefully her large wish above comes to pass.

  3. #11543
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    As a coincidence, my Mom turns 88 today. The only gift she requests...


    BEAT THE HOLES!




    I can't buy her anything. She won't take it. No rational reasons. It's never that she doesn't like it. It's always --- "The wrong size...Wish I could use it...Not my color". What she really wishes is that I would not spend money on her. She won't even allow me to pick up even something as basic as a carton of milk for her, if I'm at the store already, without paying for it. I can't get her anything and it is a frustration. Oh well. Hopefully her large wish above comes to pass.
    Give her a hug, tell her you love her and make her a card from Print Shop. Two outta the three won't cost you a cent and the third will be a few pennies worth of ink and paper. I will bet she will appreciate your love AND frugality.


    And if that doesn't work, take some random tarheel out behind the barn/house tonight and knock the living #$%^ outta him.

  4. #11544
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    I've gotta leave now and pick up some flowers, already have the card. Need to get back before the women's game.

  5. #11545
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I've gotta leave now and pick up some flowers, already have the card. Need to get back before the women's game.
    Flowers are a great low/no cost idea, too, especially if they are from a neighbor's flower bed/garden.

  6. #11546
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile 9F birthday greetings to Mama Mojo!!

    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    As a coincidence, my Mom turns 88 today. The only gift she requests...


    BEAT THE HOLES!




    I can't buy her anything. She won't take it. No rational reasons. It's never that she doesn't like it. It's always --- "The wrong size...Wish I could use it...Not my color". What she really wishes is that I would not spend money on her. She won't even allow me to pick up even something as basic as a carton of milk for her, if I'm at the store already, without paying for it. I can't get her anything and it is a frustration. Oh well. Hopefully her large wish above comes to pass.
    You could also give her a thread of her own. You know, Mama Mojo's Birthday Thread. Then all of us can serenade her (and pad our post counts).

    If that doesn't work, you could get her a lot of pillows.

  7. #11547
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Morroco hasn't gotten much closer. I was making progress and was hoping to be there by the end of the ACC tournament. It may take me until the end of the NCAA tournament since I won't be posting for a few days while in Vegas.
    Funny ... I seem to have gotten a lot closer to Morrocco than I have to Bali.

    Ymm, NASCAR today too!

  8. #11548
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Ymm, NASCAR today too!
    Yes, the remote will get a workout today...

  9. #11549
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO

    the continuing saga

    When I came back from church, I found that Arrogant Guy had both of his cars parked in his single car space again. I went by the office to tell them and spoke again with the person I talked to yesterday. Apparently when she called him yesterday he copped attitude with her, too. Told her that his two cars together weren't any longer than a truck (extended cab, maybe). He doesn't seem to get the problem: he's parking two cars in a one car space and blocking the road. One of the other office folks went down with me and looked - his second car is about two-thirds out of the space. Arrogant Guy is going to be talking to the leasing manager next. I got the impression that the office people are on my side. The person that called him yesterday and got chewed out is going to be talking to the leasing manager first and filling her in on what's happened. Dude's attitude isn't going to help his case.

  10. #11550
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You could also give her a thread of her own. You know, Mama Mojo's Birthday Thread. Then all of us can serenade her (and pad our post counts).

    If that doesn't work, you could get her a lot of pillows.
    I can't believe all the coincidence here. There are currently two pillows down there, at her place, for repair!

  11. #11551
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Happy birthday to Mama Mojo! Hope her dearest birthday wishes are fulfilled!

  12. #11552
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Where is everyone? Is there a game on or something? Guess I'll know in about an hour...

  13. #11553
    Posting during a game, but in sight of TV...

    thank you Asus and d-link
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 03-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.

  14. #11554
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Just got back from riding my bike in the park. Riding into 20-30 mph wind gusts is a bit of a workout. I am so out of shape!

  15. #11555
    Ugh...I'll be happy to see Lawson go. He realizes that he needs to be aggressive when they are switching on him. I think Cota realized the same thing years ago.

  16. #11556
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ugh...I'll be happy to see Lawson go. He realizes that he needs to be aggressive when they are switching on him. I think Cota realized the same thing years ago.
    Is he leaving after this year? (Please)

    Mike Gminski: 1242 career rebounds
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 03-08-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: note status!

  17. #11557
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Back in Vegas... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Is he leaving after this year? (Please)

    Mike Gminski: 1242 career rebounds
    Congrats on Gminski.

    I'm sad.

  18. #11558
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Congrats on Gminski.

    I'm sad.
    Me, too. I really hate losing to the tar heels

  19. #11559
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Before I log off, Mom thanks all for the good wishes. So do I.

  20. #11560
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Is he leaving after this year? (Please)

    Mike Gminski: 1242 career rebounds
    He's just a junior...I think it might depend on how they do in the tourney.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •