Page 564 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 6446451455456256356456556657461466410641564 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, there's no place like home...
    That is sooo true - so why am I at work?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Shouldn't you be seeing patients or fighting with insurance companies or something like that?
    I did both for several hours today. DBR is my haven and refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    3 1/2 hours all alone... poor baby LTE.
    3.5 hours alone and the best you could do was one post.?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    3.5 hours alone and the best you could do was one post.?
    I've been preoccupied with breathing.

I'm signing off to break down the computer for the move. Hopefully, I will have internet access by tomorrow.

Won't get to see the game today, but please DON'T cheer for me. Duke seems to do well when I don't watch or only half watch part of the game. Will be wearing maroon and orange today to support our team.

GO DUKE!!!

Write to you all soon.

Love,
    Tilly

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    A new condo furnace would probably run less than $5K (basing that off of replacing a house furnace two years ago for $6K); can you lower your offer, or ask the current resident to replace?
    I've decided that it would be better for me to replace. IIRC, there's a tax credit for getting energy efficient appliances/furnaces, so I'd take advantage of that. Otherwise the seller would get the tax credit. Besides, my realtor got the impression that the seller is less than sympathetic about the age of the furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I finally found my missing earring Sunday morning. I lost it two weeks ago. Is it your strategy or the finding of the lost Duke blue sapphire earring. Nothing like having irrational superstitions!
    Maybe this means that I need a pair of Duke blue sapphire earrings!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I would highly recommend following DA's suggestion. A 32 year old furnace is not to be ignored. By its age (and your location), it is obviously NOT a heat pump - they only last about 10 years, if you're lucky, and they weren't around way back in 1976. Well, maybe they were, but they were horribly inefficient compared to today's, or even yesterday's equipment. Is it an oil furnace/boiler, gas or electric? I have no idea what they cost to replace, but you should. And negotiate it's complete repair or some sort of multi-year warranty on it if they won't replace it now. Your seller doesn't want to lose a willing and qualified buyer in this market - YOU are in the driver's seat, not the seller!
    Thanks for the advice. It's a gas furnace, and my realtor made a similar suggestion. If Laclede Gas doesn't say that it has to be replaced, we're going to require the seller to have it cleaned and serviced. I'll replace it before next winter. The seller said that Laclede Gas cleared it when they bought the condo last fall, so I can't imagine they'll do anything different this time around.

There is lots of time between now and the game...let the PW'ing begin?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Thanks for the advice. It's a gas furnace, and my realtor made a similar suggestion. If Laclede Gas doesn't say that it has to be replaced, we're going to require the seller to have it cleaned and serviced. I'll replace it before next winter. The seller said that Laclede Gas cleared it when they bought the condo last fall, so I can't imagine they'll do anything different this time around.
    The joys of home/condo ownership!

This waiting one minute between posts is killin' me.

Not literally though.

Now for an original subject...cats got some open window time yesterday and are chasing leaves in front of the sliding glass door at the moment. How do I break it to them that we are getting 10-16" of snow in the next 52 hours? And that spring weather is still a few months away?

I've decided that it would be better for me to replace. IIRC, there's a tax credit for getting energy efficient appliances/furnaces, so I'd take advantage of that. Otherwise the seller would get the tax credit. Besides, my realtor got the impression that the seller is less than sympathetic about the age of the furnace.
    Yes - there is a credit for energy efficient appliances/furnaces. Be sure to get the seller gives you something indicating that it qualifies. I've had clients buy something they thought qualified but when we checked into the make/mode, it didn't.

Maybe this means that I need a pair of Duke blue sapphire earrings!
    I can connect you with my jeweler. They are very simple and small - rectangular sapphire with tiny diamond above and white gold bars on the sides. I'm wearing them today for luck. There is a matching necklace - I didn't get that. Perhaps a return trip to Colby is in my future.

Now for an original subject...cats got some open window time yesterday and are chasing leaves in front of the sliding glass door at the moment. How do I break it to them that we are getting 10-16" of snow in the next 52 hours? And that spring weather is still a few months away?
    They are cats. Even if you break it to them gently, they will still resent you when it snows.

Yes - there is a credit for energy efficient appliances/furnaces. Be sure to get the seller gives you something indicating that it qualifies. I've had clients buy something they thought qualified but when we checked into the make/mode, it didn't.
    Thanks for the tip; I wouldn't have thought to do that. Does this work for refrigerators, washers, and dryers as well?

I can connect you with my jeweler. They are very simple and small - rectangular sapphire with tiny diamond above and white gold bars on the sides. I'm wearing them today for luck. There is a matching necklace - I didn't get that. Perhaps a return trip to Colby is in my future.
    Can you post a picture please?!?!
    And be sure to wear them to the Brunchgate next year when you come!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Can you post a picture please?!?!
    And be sure to wear them to the Brunchgate next year when you come!
    I will try to remember to wear them when I come. If I figure out how to get a picture - since I'm a non-digital photo person - and post it, I will do so.

I started a while ago. Where ya been, big guy?

This waiting one minute between posts is killin' me.

Not literally though.
    Gives us more time for thoughtful replies