Page 560 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 6046051055055855956056156257061066010601560 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 67393
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    That was my 1500th post. I stopped posting yesterday to give myself time to come up with something inspirational/memorable/deserving. Then I forgot and posted 'Tilly's back!!!!' Still I think that qualifies as inspirational, memorable, and deserving. And if you don't agree, Tilly will kick you in the shins, right Tilly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That was my 1500th post. I stopped posting yesterday to give myself time to come up with something inspirational/memorable/deserving. Then I forgot and posted 'Tilly's back!!!!' Still I think that qualifies as inspirational, memorable, and deserving. And if you don't agree, Tilly will kick you in the shins, right Tilly?
    That's right! Anything for Bostondevil!!!

I'm honored I was your 1500th post, even if it was kind of accidental.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    That's right! Anything for Bostondevil!!!

I'm honored I was your 1500th post, even if it was kind of accidental.
    It wasn't imaginary... Tilly's back!!

48 hours till the big move begins. Cannot wait for this to be over.
    Wait a sec here... I thought you started everything already...???

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Wait a sec here... I thought you started everything already...???
    I've been moving some things over the house. Saturday, everything gets moved, hence the big move.

I've been moving some things over the house. Saturday, everything gets moved, hence the big move.
    Hope the forecast rain doesn't interfere with your move too much. Is there going to be pastrami to keep dry too?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Hope the forecast rain doesn't interfere with your move too much. Is there going to be pastrami to keep dry too?
    Am praying it doesn't rain while stuff is being moved. It rained last year and was not fun, even though it only rained when we were unloading the truck, not when we loaded it.

My hardwood floors are going to be very dirty if it rains Saturday.

Am praying it doesn't rain while stuff is being moved. It rained last year and was not fun, even though it only rained when we were unloading the truck, not when we loaded it.

My hardwood floors are going to be very dirty if it rains Saturday.
    Better hardwood than carpet! Good luck with the move. Are you scheduling a break for game viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Better hardwood than carpet! Good luck with the move. Are you scheduling a break for game viewing?
    Not sure I'll have cable by the time the game starts. Cable guy isn't supposed to be there until 3pm at the earliest anyway.

Duke does well when I don't watch the game or only half pay attention to it, with the exception of the second Michigan game. Also, have discovered that if I wear blue Duke loses, but if I wear the opposing teams colors Duke wins. Will wear a pair of maroon shorts under my sweats on Saturday.

As for the opposing teams color thing. I am asking you all to support me in wearing icky blue on March 8th. If that is the streak working for us, I have to go with it. Crash Davis would be VERY disappointed if a I messed with a streak.

Not sure I'll have cable by the time the game starts. Cable guy isn't supposed to be there until 3pm at the earliest anyway.

Duke does well when I don't watch the game or only half pay attention to it, with the exception of the second Michigan game. Also, have discovered that if I wear blue Duke loses, but if I wear the opposing teams colors Duke wins. Will wear a pair of maroon shorts under my sweats on Saturday.

As for the opposing teams color thing. I am asking you all to support me in wearing icky blue on March 8th. If that is the streak working for us, I have to go with it. Crash Davis would be VERY disappointed if a I messed with a streak.
    Wear what you need to, just don't go out in public looking that!

I may be able to handle the lighter blue (probably not light enough) but I will not mess with my earring superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Wear what you need to, just don't go out in public looking that!
    Here's the thing. I'm supposed to work with the high school kids at my church in Chapel Hill. If we win, I'd like to wear what I'm going to wear during they game as a sort of quite rub in - as I have fans of both blues in the class I have strongly told the class there will be no taunting when the opponent loses, plus I have to play the bleepin adult and set the example. Now, if we lose, I'll wear something totally different to church.

I'm really hoping they decide to cancel the class as I don't think there will be a very big turn out, the game starts at 4pm, and class begins at 6:30 p.m. Plus, a lot of people will have to travel through traffic to get to the church. Plus, I want to see the whole game.

Here's the thing. I'm supposed to work with the high school kids at my church in Chapel Hill. If we win, I'd like to wear what I'm going to wear during they game as a sort of quite rub in - as I have fans of both blues in the class I have strongly told the class there will be no taunting when the opponent loses, plus I have to play the bleepin adult and set the example. Now, if we lose, I'll wear something totally different to church.

I'm really hoping they decide to cancel the class as I don't think there will be a very big turn out, the game starts at 4pm, and class begins at 6:30 p.m. Plus, a lot of people will have to travel through traffic to get to the church. Plus, I want to see the whole game.
    I sense a cold coming on. I'm on day 4 of mine. Still going downhill, so it lasts a while. Be really, really careful. You wouldn't want to be sick for the game...

I sense a cold coming on. I'm on day 4 of mine. Still going downhill, so it lasts a while. Be really, really careful. You wouldn't want to be sick for the game...
    Tilly, I'm with Sue on this one. In fact, I think you should go ahead and cancel class as a preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Tilly, I'm with Sue on this one. In fact, I think you should go ahead and cancel class as a preventative measure.
    Listen to Sue and Miles on this - they are very wise people.

If you teach the class, you should be able to cancel it. If you cancel this far in advance citing the game time and traffic issues, as well as your impending cold, it won't appear like you are avoiding those of the lighter blue persuasion. You don't want part of your class to feel bad when the tarheels lose on Senior Night.

Crash Davis would be VERY disappointed if a I messed with a streak.
    Crash is a smart man. You should do what he says . . . and then shower, multiple times, after wearing that icky blue.

Only 41 more posts to 11,000!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Or is that 40?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Or is that 40?