Page 554 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455255355455555656460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 67238

Thumbs up The Gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Infarcations: Case presentation: 58 year old caucasian male presents with a Jayhawk sticker attached to his chest after his team was completely embarrassed by said feisty bird. ECG reveals a curious lead II pattern of 9F9F9F9F.

Disposition: patient discharged home to Chapel Hell to face the wrath of the most unfaithful, unreasonable fan base on the face of the earth.

Addendum: stupid fan base conveniently forgets betrayal after dadgum group hypnosis. Prognosis: the only cure will be the complete and utter devastation of the pathetic light blues by the superior Blue Devils! GTHC, GTH!!
    DukePA, this would have been a great post to start the next Status Check thread, which I will NOT be starting, just to change the mojo.

OK, I'm throwing down the gauntlet! Now all you creative ("it was better in my years", 11e on the HPR) folks have until ~10:15 p.m. on March 3rd to come up with something creative to start the thread! I'm going to copy and paste this entire post on the main board in a new thread (sorry, JBDuke, this isn't looking for an infraction, infarction or infarcation, but not enough posters read the LTE and it must be done ). Ladies and gentlemen, start your creative juices flowing!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm getting my creative juices flowing by baking something new. Trying a cappuccino mousse pie!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I'm getting my creative juices flowing by baking something new. Trying a cappuccino mousse pie!
    That might be delicious with a small glass of oatmeal stout (Grant's, Anderson Valley). Save a couple pieces for the devildeacs-we'll be out on the west coast in about 3-4 weeks.
    Last edited by devildeac; 02-21-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: four of a kind in my post count (5's)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    That sounds yummy! Be sure to eat an extra slice for me!

Big news!

After receiving pre-approval for a loan, I made an offer yesterday on a condo. Today I met with the realtor and signed the counter offer. Assuming everything goes as planned, I will be a condo owner at the end of April! Yippee! Great place, and I got it at a great price!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    After receiving pre-approval for a loan, I made an offer yesterday on a condo. Today I met with the realtor and signed the counter offer. Assuming everything goes as planned, I will be a condo owner at the end of April! Yippee! Great place, and I got it at a great price!
    Congratulations!

Congratulations! I hope you love living in your new abode!

And thank you for pulling the housing market out of the tank in the process!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Congratulations! I hope you love living in your new abode!

And thank you for pulling the housing market out of the tank in the process!
    Congrats! As for pulling the housing market out of the tank, yes and no. The condo across the hall from the one I'm buying is currently listed at $20K more than the one I bought, and it's not as nice! Something tells me that the current owners aren't going to be very happy with the trend set by my purchase.

Thumbs up

Congrats! As for pulling the housing market out of the tank, yes and no. The condo across the hall from the one I'm buying is currently listed at $20K more than the one I bought, and it's not as nice! Something tells me that the current owners aren't going to be very happy with the trend set by my purchase.
    Congrats Arkie!!

Time to celebrate with Ted Drewe's!

Yay ArkieDukie!! Congratulations! I'm ready for a house warming party !

Congrats to the soon-to-be condo owner!

Congrats, ArkieDukie!

Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy your new spacious home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Congrats Arkie!!

Time to celebrate with Ted Drewe's!
    I celebrated with supper at LoRusso's Cucina. Ted Drewe's does sound good, though.

Woooooo! Congrats!

I'm going to a conference in Newport Beach tomorrow. Should be fun! I even get to facilitate one of the sessions... I presented last year.

Anyhoo, drinking... debauchery... ahhhhh this conference rocks! And our party this year has a Mardi Gras theme.

We finish on Wednesday afternoon, at which point I'll head up to the West side and go to JulesinLA's gamewatch for the MD game (as time permits). Yippee!

The LTE is taking a quick break...we'll be back at you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm going to a conference in Newport Beach tomorrow. Should be fun! I even get to facilitate one of the sessions... I presented last year.

Anyhoo, drinking... debauchery... ahhhhh this conference rocks! And our party this year has a Mardi Gras theme.

We finish on Wednesday afternoon, at which point I'll head up to the West side and go to JulesinLA's gamewatch for the MD game (as time permits). Yippee!
    Sounds like a great week is ahead, and a well deserved break from the week in hell that you just experienced!

9F 9F 9F

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Congrats Arkie! It's possible although not a promise that you might get your scarf as a housewarming present.

My Oscar Predictions
    Best Picture - Milk
    Best Director - Danny Boyle
    Best Actor - Sean Penn
    Best Actress - Meryl Streep (What!?!, I know, but I've got a feeling.)
    Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger
    Best Supporting Actress - Penelop Cruz

Hmmm...I'll probably be watching something else at that time.