Page 553 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 5345350354355155255355455556360365310531553 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,060 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Yes, Bud Light!
    If you ever want Ozzie to do something for you, just offer Bud Light as a reward. Or a pastrami sammich from Carnegie Deli.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    If you ever want Ozzie to do something for you, just offer Bud Light as a reward. Or a pastrami sammich from Carnegie Deli.
    I'm not cheap, but I can be had if the price is right!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Oh the comments one could make right about now...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Oh the comments one could make right about now...
    You and many others on the board!

9F 9F 9F

I'm posting this here because it would probably be counted as superfluous. The favorite quotes from Duke's coaches mentioned Bennett as part of the good offense when Coach Red Means Go Wilson was let go. Ben Bennett taught me an important lesson one night - do not play a drinking game that involves using eye-hand coordination, your arm, and hitting a target with a quarterback. Perhaps the quarter is in the position name for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm posting this here because it would probably be counted as superfluous. The favorite quotes from Duke's coaches mentioned Bennett as part of the good offense when Coach Red Means Go Wilson was let go. Ben Bennett taught me an important lesson one night - do not play a drinking game that involves using eye-hand coordination, your arm, and hitting a target with a quarterback. Perhaps the quarter is in the position name for a reason?
    LOL! You really need to post this in that thread! It is NOT superfluous!

9F 9F 9F

LOL! You really need to post this in that thread! It is NOT superfluous!
    I posted it. If I get an infraction - I'm asking them to give it to you!

Infraction infarction...one's potentially deadly, the other just a minor setback.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Note that anecdotes and/or humorous posts related to the subject at hand have always been welcome on DBR and will continue to be.

What we target with the "needless post" infraction are posts that make no contribution to a thread. For example, posts that say nothing more than "me, too" or "i agree" or "LOL". Or posts that just repeat information already posted in another message in the thread. Or posts that attempt to hijack the thread.

Does that help?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

OMG--the number of nights I played quarters with Ben Bennett. . .

That was not superfluous...is there more to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Note that anecdotes and/or humorous posts related to the subject at hand have always been welcome on DBR and will continue to be.

What we target with the "needless post" infraction are posts that make no contribution to a thread. For example, posts that say nothing more than "me, too" or "i agree" or "LOL". Or posts that just repeat information already posted in another message in the thread. Or posts that attempt to hijack the thread.

Does that help?
    Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't really that worried about an infraction. I just want to abide by the rules. I appreciate being able to visit the DBR home and appreciate the hard work all the moderators do to make it a great place for us. I should have included a wink after the infraction comment.

Not much of a story. It was Greek Week and after the winners of the dirty song contest had been announced. I just know that I can't get a quarter in a cup stone cold sober and it goes down hill from there. He got better the more he drank. Not fair!

Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't really that worried about an infraction. I just want to abide by the rules. I appreciate being able to visit the DBR home and appreciate the hard work all the moderators do to make it a great place for us. I should have included a wink after the infraction comment.
    If you have any worries about infarcations, check with devildeac...

If you have any worries about infarcations, check with devildeac...
    Infarcations?

One too many a's in that one...

Talking Where would the LTE be without hijacks?

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post

Does that help?
    JBD,
    After reading your post, I hate to say "I agree" with someone (in fear of infractions or infarctions), but I have to "agree" with DiK. This DOES clarify things. Well, except for one line:

Or posts that attempt to hijack the thread
    Without these posts, the Longest Thread Ever would fail to exist. The LTE is a thread FILLED with hijacks.

Cheers and thanks again,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    JBD,
    After reading your post, I hate to say "I agree" with someone (in fear of infractions or infarctions), but I have to "agree" with DiK. This DOES clarify things. Well, except for one line:

Without these posts, the Longest Thread Ever would fail to exist. The LTE is a thread FILLED with hijacks.

Cheers and thanks again,
    Lavabe
    Good thing we didn't get infraction points for hijacking the Huckabee thread...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Infarcations?
    Infarcations: Case presentation: 58 year old caucasian male presents with a Jayhawk sticker attached to his chest after his team was completely embarassed by said fiesty bird. ECG reveals a curious lead II pattern of 9F9F9F9F.

Disposition: patient discharged home to Chapel Hell to face the rath of the most unfaithful, unreasonable fan base on the face of the earth.

Addendum: stupid fan base conveniently forgets betrayal after dadgum group hypnosis. Prognosis: the only cure will be the complete and utter devastation of the pathetic light blues by the superior Blue Devils! GTHC, GTH!!